After 10 games a quick micro review: HMS Hood

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

BBsquid #21 Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostHelstrem, on 20 May 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

Because it isn't a battlecruiser.  It never was, other than in British nomenclature.  It is a fast battleship.  It has battleship armor, battleship guns.  Bismarck got pretty lucky taking Hood out the way she did.  Some of us have been pushing back against this notion that she should be incredible fragile since she was announced.  Still, due to Jutland, Denmark Straight and the British nomenclature the idea that she should pop like an overinflated balloon sticks.

Your 16" armed superdreadnought lost to a 15" armed fast battleship.

This. I have more than one source Ive read that Hood was better classified as the prototype for the fast battleships that were developed after the building holiday imposed by the Washington and London treaties.

"For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste and meaning the protected will never know."

BullHalsey #22 Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostBBsquid, on 24 May 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

This. I have more than one source Ive read that Hood was better classified as the prototype for the fast battleships that were developed after the building holiday imposed by the Washington and London treaties.

View PostBBsquid, on 24 May 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

Yes it's true, no dispute there.  Yet, for arguments' sake I'd wager the best course of action for Hood if it were to have faced off against the real Colorado would have been to use that Fast BB speed to exit the area asap.  If it ends up in the store within fifty bucks I expect I'll get one.  Looks like a lot of fun in game.  And that goofball defensive fire I've got to see for myself.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users