Cruisers are weak

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

TalonV #261 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

View PostJoshDOTPlay, on 21 May 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Where i agree about not removing citadel because that would be broken as all hell. The Minotaur wasnt angling correctly at all, all of his Armour can autobounce 203 AP. Henri however can overmatch the minotaur, which is the most glorious thing to do at close range.

Not at short range. Those SHS have almost as much pen as the Henry. Gotta remember, bigger shell fired at a decent velocity, add in the extra factor that allows a larger wiggle room before bounce for USN shells. Minotar has to be literally at the perfect angle otherwise I'm going through that tin can like a hot knife through butter.

Hell at short ranges, you can citadel some battleships. Including Montana and Iowa.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

Mavairo #262 Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

View PostTalonV, on 21 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

Not at short range. Those SHS have almost as much pen as the Henry. Gotta remember, bigger shell fired at a decent velocity, add in the extra factor that allows a larger wiggle room before bounce for USN shells. Minotar has to be literally at the perfect angle otherwise I'm going through that tin can like a hot knife through butter.

Hell at short ranges, you can citadel some battleships. Including Montana and Iowa.

Nothing like being able to rip off 50k of a broadside Iowa, with a Cruiser (Did that last time I took Baltimore out) in citadel dmg

TalonV #263 Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Alpha Tester
  • Beta Testers

View PostMavairo, on 21 May 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

Nothing like being able to rip off 50k of a broadside Iowa, with a Cruiser (Did that last time I took Baltimore out) in citadel dmg

Yeah did that myself to an Iowa. Got 6k from him and pounded him under. He was quite shocked.

​This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. This is war. In war you

never want to fight fair. You want to sneak up behind

the enemy, and bash him over the head.

Fog_Battleship_NCarolina #264 Posted Yesterday, 05:34 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostTalonV, on 21 May 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

When a Minotaur goes bow in, it's 16mm of bow armor is enough to autobounce anything under 240mm

PC Specs- Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, i7 6700k @ 4.7ghz, 16gb 2400mhz GSkills Ripjaw Ram, Asus Z170 E, EVGA 650W Power supply, Corsair Carbide 400C, 240gb Hyper X ssd, 2 1TB WD Blacks, HBT artica 240 AOI

Z3r0Fear #265 Posted Yesterday, 06:17 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostDokturProfesur, on 19 May 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

Restricting the matchmaker in such a way would only make the Queue vastly longer and diminish the point of battleships. A battleship that is being focused by cruiser fire is not long for this world. A capital ship's only role is to counter other capital ships.

There are to many ships in random battles making it much harder for them to be balanced because of the sheer number of them. If they were smaller it would make a big change in the gameplay for sure.

Madwolf05 #266 Posted Yesterday, 08:46 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

View PostFog_Battleship_NCarolina, on 22 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

When a Minotaur goes bow in, it's 16mm of bow armor is enough to autobounce anything under 240mm

But you can also pen her through the deck from range, and the better pen angles for the USN help a lot. 

Check out my Twitch Channel: HERE

CPU: Intel i7 3770K, MB: ASUS Maximus V, RAM: 16GB, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users