A Hundred bucks for the HMS HOOD???

premiums

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

toprad #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:23 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

It's great to see a legendary ship like the Hood in this game.  She was an awesome ship in her time, lost way too soon and way too catastrophically.  What bugs me is the price for an "Ultimate" package for the Hood, and no lower-level packages apparently available.  I'd love to own that ship, but dropping a C-note for her is a bit much for a single game piece in a video game.  Especially when it's not a max-tier (IX-X) ship.  Ironically enough the Tirpitz premium ship is about half the price of the Hood, and that's the sister ship of the ship that blew the Hood up!

I love to see these historic ships in this game, but I think WOWS really needs to do a sanity check on this one, or at least offer some lower priced packages like they do on other premiums.  A hundred bucks is just way too much.

DiEsmitty #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:43 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

"Look for a new special Hood bundle each weekend until June 7, while the Basic Hood Bundle starts June 7 when the Bismarck event is over, and ends June 16!"

Come on man read the announcement.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/

Seamus_44 #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Wow OPRAD, a picture of Chesty Puller with the words Seaman Recruit over it. Know it's off-topic, but it struck my eye and...

Edited by Seamus_44, 19 May 2017 - 09:36 AM.

toprad #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:12 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostSeamus_44, on 19 May 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Wow OPRAD, a picture of Chesty Puller with the words Seaman Recruit over it. Know it's off-topic, but it struck my eye and...

​Fair enough...I'm a retired (recovering) Marine, and all Marines revere Chesty, at least they should in my opinion.  I am new to the Forums, and was looking for an avatar for my profile.  Didn't see the seaman recruit thing until you mentioned it, but I would guess it relates to me being new to the forums and not having many posts.  Chesty would see the irony too I'm sure.  Semper FI!

toprad #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostDiEsmitty, on 19 May 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

"Look for a new special Hood bundle each weekend until June 7, while the Basic Hood Bundle starts June 7 when the Bismarck event is over, and ends June 16!"

Come on man read the announcement.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/hood-stuff-with-friends/

​Got it, thanks.  I just saw a YouTube video that the Hood was finally available and went straight to the premium ship web page on the Wargaming site.  Didn't stop to read the announcement.  Thanks for redirecting me.  That said, it's still overpriced! 

Also tagged with premiums

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users