HMS Hood Evaluation

HMS HOOD

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SLS614 #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Seaman

• Members

So far, I have had great success with HMS Hood.  Her Guns are a little challenging because they are so far apart.  I tend to sequence my fire, rather than firing broadsides.  They remind me of a mix of Japanese BB's and Warspite.  With the proper upgrades, she maneuvers well, and is Crazy Fast.  In my first battle, I sank a Nagato, a French Cruiser, and shot down over a dozen aircraft.  I am a Fan.  My favorites ship in game so far have been Tripitz, Alabama, and Scharnhorst.  Hood may soon join them.  What do you think? 

Excield #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:07 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

The guns feel quite accurate, and the armor's great. Fun ship to sail, as it's speedy.

Adm_Nate_Ellis937 #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

I am really tempted to buy her right now....:(

HellaCopterRescue #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I usually play the Russian cruisers and when I engage a Hood it seems as though it's extremely easy to set on fire. As an example I was in my Molotov and on my first salvo at an enemy Hood I got two fires, kept hitting him and he Repaired and I waited for it to go on cool down and launched a salvo with my two front turrets...aaaand I promptly got two fires. Lets just say that captain was not too happy lol

Have you guys noticed that when you play the Hood?

Cruxdei #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostHellaCopterRescue, on 19 May 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

I usually play the Russian cruisers and when I engage a Hood it seems as though it's extremely easy to set on fire. As an example I was in my Molotov and on my first salvo at an enemy Hood I got two fires, kept hitting him and he Repaired and I waited for it to go on cool down and launched a salvo with my two front turrets...aaaand I promptly got two fires. Lets just say that captain was not too happy lol

it's easy to set it on fire because it's a ship the size of 2 soccer stadiums.

AVR_Project #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:19 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

It's a very simple ship to use.  Lost a few, but none of them were what I'd call bad games.

I've made two kills by ramming.  RNG is typical.

However, I did well because half of my games were top-tier.

There were at least two Hood's in each battle, and some as many as 8.  Battleships were lined up as high as 175 today for the new campaign.

I made it to level 3 and have 9 medallions in one afternoon/evening.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

MaliceA4Thought #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

View PostHellaCopterRescue, on 18 May 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Yeah, shes really going to need someone with very good skills in Damage control to do well in her from that point of view.   Had a lot of fires on mine tonight, but managed to keep them under control and the extra heal % helps somewhat, but there will be a lot of Hoods that go down to fire, and I suspect a lot of howling on the forums as a result.

At the moment, theres so many Hoods around I think most people are seeing only top tier, I know I did tonight..  the real test will be when the first rush settles down and she starts seeing T9 regularly..  I think things will be a lot different at that point.

M

Edited by MaliceA4Thought, 19 May 2017 - 03:23 AM.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, whilst defeated warriors go to war and then seek to win
(Sun Tzu)

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "My Country" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Soshi_Sone #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

It's definitely a mid range BB.  I like to brawl, so it's a bit uncomfortable play style for me.  You definitely need patience. But speed helps since you can get in and out fast, as well as adapt better to the strategic status.  She has performed very well in my first several games.

I've seen a preponderance of Colorado BBs, ostensibly because of her 16 inch guns and the Hood's vulnerabilities. 

SLS614 #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Seaman

• Members

I have not had any greater issues with fire on Hood than I have any other BB.  I do tend to play her on the outside using my speed to maintain distance rather than get in there and brawl up close.  However, I did get in close with a Nagato and won the Brawl pretty easily.  I used the Rudder upgrade on her, and move in and out of the outlying islands for cover.  Her aft firing arcs are much greater than average BB's, so you can maintain a pretty steep angle against your opponents.  Have not been subject to a citadel hit yet.  That may be because she runs so low in the water.  

AltWeiss #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

I have enjoyed mine so far but have only played about 5 games. The first few were all tier 8 matches and I did ok in them.

I had only one game with a CV and ended up killing about 25 planes. 

Also tagged with HMS HOOD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users