Jump to content


Also, thanks from a poor young adult.


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

SomemuttupNorth #21 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:18 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 93
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015
:honoring:

Hillslam #22 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 381
  • Member since:
    01-20-2015

View PostAbo89, on 18 May 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

As someone still struggling to find that career job. I wanna thank all who use premium so broke blokes like me can play. Y'all the real MVPs, even if I think y all crazy paying so much for a single ship.

Great post. Totally understand your viewpoint. Been there.

 

For those confused by those who spend, no worries, I'll just sum it up this way:

 

You're young. So you have way more time to spend than money. So spending money to get something you can earn with time is nuts; money's way more valuable than time. 

 

I'm old. So now I have way more money to spend than time. So spending time to get something I can earn with money is nuts; time is WAY more valuable than money. 

 

It's a spectrum we each one of us travels thru life's journey. 

 

Enjoy the journey. See you on the seas. 


The Iowa is the better battleship. That fact doesn't require you to like it.

When your knowledge comes from nothing but books, your knowledge is worthless.


gurudennis #23 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:43 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 5,034
  • Member since:
    12-09-2013
I for one am genuinely happy to give WG money every time they put out a new premium, plus premium time and some gold... It's OK if you don't, OP, you are also very important for the long term survival of WoWs because without the free players the population would be too low for the game to sustain itself. So we owe you some gratitude just as well.

All views and opinions expressed herein, whether express or implied, are not intended to violate or otherwise contradict the rules and regulations of this forum and shall not be construed as offensive, disrespectful or contrarian to any present or past participants of this discussion thread, forum moderators or their affiliates. The author assumes no responsibility for any adverse effects on other participants' mental state, faculties or health condition resulting from reading the aforementioned message. Read at your own risk.


Abo89 #24 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View Postgurudennis, on 18 May 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

I for one am genuinely happy to give WG money every time they put out a new premium, plus premium time and some gold... It's OK if you don't, OP, you are also very important for the long term survival of WoWs because without the free players the population would be too low for the game to sustain itself. So we owe you some gratitude just as well.

That's completely true and something I never thought about. If anything I have enjoyed learning the game and it taking me a little longer to get stuff. I get more time to learn each ship because of that so there def is silver lining. The biggest thing was not having premium ships to quickly train captains on. By the good graces of ppl here, I now have a Cambletown and a SIMS to use for UK and USN respectively. That's huge for me.



Tsarn #25 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:18 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Testers

  • 39
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
Such a refreshing thread. OP, eventually you'll reach a point in life where time means more than money. Enjoy your time!

_hat_ #26 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 607
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
I've never had a problem buying a ship, but after the Santa crates, I've had a problem finding a ship to buy 

Stop exploding, you cowards!


Abo89 #27 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View Post_hat_, on 19 May 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

I've never had a problem buying a ship, but after the Santa crates, I've had a problem finding a ship to buy 

That's the thing about buying ships VS just premium and dablooms. I'm not a collector so I'd only buy a ship for 2 reasons. A) it's simply strong for its tier or B) it churns out XP/Silver.



Sumkum #28 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 72
  • Member since:
    01-24-2017
Congrats and respect to all you nice people (Misanthrope and Baron espec.). What a great gaming community! Such a far cry from most...

Abo89 #29 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostSumkum, on 19 May 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

Congrats and respect to all you nice people (Misanthrope and Baron espec.). What a great gaming community! Such a far cry from most...

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I've never had another community like this one.



Skpstr #30 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

    Vice Admiral

  • Members

  • 9,362
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
It's refreshing to see a newer player asking honest questions and being polite. :)

 


Abo89 #31 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostSkpstr, on 19 May 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

It's refreshing to see a newer player asking honest questions and being polite. :)

 Hey hey hey. New-"ish"



Capt_Mexib #32 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 319
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View PostAbo89, on 18 May 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

As someone still struggling to find that career job. I wanna thank all who use premium so broke blokes like me can play. Y'all the real MVPs, even if I think y all crazy paying so much for a single ship.

 

Good luck and best wishes on landing a career that you like.

 

I need you to do that so you can pay into the Ponzi Scheme called Social Security and there by part of my retirement:)  



AltWeiss #33 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 478
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

I have been pouring money into this game at an alarming rate since CBT :teethhappy:

 

No buyer's remorse what so ever.

 

And yes I have the $99 dollar version of the Hood. I debated with myself over whether or not to wait for a cheaper bundle. This self-debate took place while clicking the buy button and waiting for the thank you message from paypal.

 

 



BaronVonTom #34 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:05 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 168
  • Member since:
    11-19-2013

View PostAbo89, on 18 May 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

That's completely true and something I never thought about. If anything I have enjoyed learning the game and it taking me a little longer to get stuff. I get more time to learn each ship because of that so there def is silver lining. The biggest thing was not having premium ships to quickly train captains on. By the good graces of ppl here, I now have a Cambletown and a SIMS to use for UK and USN respectively. That's huge for me.

You will love the Sims if you love dd's. It is my favorite DD.



Bronco #35 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 501
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostTsarn, on 19 May 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

Such a refreshing thread. OP, eventually you'll reach a point in life where time means more than money. Enjoy your time!

 

+1 mate. Well said o7

Abo89 #36 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostBaronVonTom, on 19 May 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

You will love the Sims if you love dd's. It is my favorite DD.

Yea, I'm really looking forward to it. I'm gonna try to use it to grind through the entire USN line, bar maybe the CVs. I need to be a more rounded player. Honestly though I'll probably drop some cash into the game once I have a Can that can run the game better than low settings with 25fps haha.



Bronco #37 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 501
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Abo89, I sent you a gift of 7 days premium. Enjoy and thanks again for this refreshing thread. Nothing like started the weekend with a smile on my face :)

 

Cheers mate o7



Abo89 #38 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostBronco, on 19 May 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Abo89, I sent you a gift of 7 days premium. Enjoy and thanks again for this refreshing thread. Nothing like started the weekend with a smile on my face :)

 

Cheers mate o7

Greatly appreciated, but really guys. If you read the post, please don't send me anything else. I've received plenty already. 2 ships, 3 months prem and 1250 dablooms...thats enough haha



Bronco #39 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 501
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostAbo89, on 19 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Greatly appreciated, but really guys. If you read the post, please don't send me anything else. I've received plenty already. 2 ships, 3 months prem and 1250 dablooms...thats enough haha

 

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend and your new toys. Please let me know how you like the Sims. I'm thinking of picking it up for myself :izmena:

Abo89 #40 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 494
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostBronco, on 19 May 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

 

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend and your new toys. Please let me know how you like the Sims. I'm thinking of picking it up for myself :izmena:

I def will do. As much as I love the Farragut I'm sure I'm gonna like her and her sea mines. I'm gonna have to get creative with them. Although I surprisingly had a lot of success with the other 5.5km USN Torps setups.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users