Hood Bundles Feedback Mega Thread

Hood Release Bundle

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

paradat #41 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

View PostPelicanHazard, on 18 May 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

and the ship+slot only becomes available in the last week so people who don't want the extras can still have time to sweep up the Hood-only tasks.

Nope comes out on the last day.

m373x #42 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostJiggiwatt, on 18 May 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

The vast majority of people here aren't forgetting it, they do want to spend money. They just don't want to spend money on things they don't want to obtain something they DO want.

That's what I said. 

Darksaint1071 #43 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

I was moderately interested in the Hood base on her history, and her use in the Bismark campaign, but the pricing of this along with the staggered release is just a bit too much for me to justify. To put it in perspective, US $100 is a third of what I get paid for my shift on a normal, straight time day... and I feel that financially, I'm doing ok.

As it's been said above, all the reviews of the Hood have left (what seems to be) many players slightly underwhelmed. While it would be nice to have, I'll wait four weeks, pass on the associated goodies, then look at it again. Maybe I'll save myself over US $50, ... sorry WG, I think you may have missed your target.

Edited by Darksaint1071, 18 May 2017 - 06:34 PM.

USN Vet. : USS Badger FF-1071

Member: Grey Wolf Gamers http://graywolfgamers.enjin.com/home

Semper Fortis

tutty29 #44 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

Seaman

• Members

Couldn't care less! If there's a new ship that i want bad enough to pay money for, but not enough to pay for the top bundle, I'm perfectly content to wait a couple of weeks. 

BB3_Oregon_Steel #45 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMrDeaf, on 18 May 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Well, you know, this is the exact same method used when Graf Spee came out.

And plenty of people complained then.

Repeated in Hood.

Actually, this is quite a bit different.  

In the Spee campaign there were two events, one event which allowed you to earn the Spee and a parallel event in which you had to have the Spee to participate in the Christmas convoy.  The event was constructed so that to complete the Christmas Convoy you had to essentially buy the Spee outright at it's premium price.  

In this event, you can not earn the Hood, if you want her in your port you are, either now or later, going to have to buy her.  The Hunt for the Bismark campaign is set up such that having the Hood can make it easier to complete, but you don't actually need her to complete the campaign.  

Both the Spee and the Bismark campaigns are designed to entice you to buy what is going to be a highly sought after premium but they use different methods to get you to lay down the cash.  

I personally have no problem with the way the Hood bundles and the Bismark campaign are structured.  I think we have to take a step back and realize that WOWS has made a HUGE investment to create and maintain the game and they've structured it such that you can actually go from T1 to T10 on every line without giving them a penny.  They don't make money from advertising they don't solicit donations then only way they make a dime is through sales generated via the premium shop ... period.  

The Hood is going to be a hot item and regardless of what they do later with it, they are only going to have exactly one moment of initial release where they can really charge a premium price and people will be willing to pay it.  To squeeze the most value they can from it, they are arranging the purchase bundles to get the most from those people who just absolutely have to have it right now and then stagger it downward to eventually capture those who really want it, but aren't willing to spend the extra funds to by flags, premium time etc ... .  In addition they dangle a carrot in front of us in the form of the Bismark campaign and honestly, who doesn't want to hunt the Bismark with the Hood.  

This model very likely enhances to revenue they can earn from this event which they can use to keep the doors open, develop more new and interesting ships for us to battle as well as expanding game modes and maps for us to battle in.  All of this costs a LOT of money and this in one of the ways WOWS gets those funds.  

For those of you who are not going to buy the Hood because you don't want the bundle and can't buy her immediately, well chances are you are WAY outnumbered by those charging into the Premium Shop credit cards in hand clamoring to scoop this deal up.  As I said, I'm ok with this as long as I get to sail the electronic seas and am not forced into a position where I have to buy things I don't want in order to play. WOWS is exceptionally amazing at giving us that opportunity and I, for one, am not interested in complaining about them trying to make money.  It's simple, if you don't want the Hood enough to pay for her, don't pay for her.  It really is that simple.  

yamato6945 #46 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I'm curious to see if this topic actually does anything though I personally doubt it will you guys did a Staggered release for Eugen and despite all the negative topics you repeat it again with Graf Spee which guess what caused more negative topics and despite all that you repeat it with Hood. And we're supposed to believe something will change so what will be the Excuse when you guys do a staggered release for Enterprise. Seriously release all the bundles at once or don't release the thing at all

Tearphoenix #47 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Seaman

• Members

I believe this was the response by the NA team regarding to Eugen, only the last 2 paragraphs are quoted: 

Boyarsky, on 14 September 2016 - 01:27 AM, said:

Third, the staggered release approach is an experiment and we constantly adjusting our methods to learn what works and what doesn't. Our intention was to deliver additional value to the players who purchased the Deluxe and Fully Loaded bundles in the form of earlier access to the ship. We had concerns that this design might upset buyers of the "bare bones" bundle, but didn't anticipate the magnitude.

And as with all our experiments, this is a learning moment for us which we will to take into account with future bundles.
Please rest assured: your feedback is heard and appreciated. 

Heard and ignored. Bold Mine. I had hoped this would not be repeated. I want to play the Hood in the event. Not because of the extra mission, but because its the Hood. I do not want or need the content of the bundle and I respect the pricing scheme of the bundle and think the bonus items are neat, but the fact I can't play the Hood during the Bismarck missions without spending (extra) money, infuriates me. 

This is obviously WG's prerogative as a company, but as a payer customer, I am disappointed at the staggered release. 

Edited by Tearphoenix, 18 May 2017 - 06:35 PM.

Special_Kay #48 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I have 9500 doubloons and 240 days of premium time. I don't need nor want your bundle, and my interest in Hood is waning. Will I still feel some excitement when I am able to buy it? This time around probably not. On top of that you have made me a second class player in terms of events and so now I'm less engaged because of this event, which is the opposite of how a good event works.

Also if you do the same thing with Haida, you probably will get my money but at a considerable cost of good will. Do what you need to do, and so shall we.

I am on vacation through June and into July 2017. There will be stretches where I am around infrequently, interspersed with stretches of complete absence.
Learn how to quantify the effect of fire chance modifications!

Enable replays! You never know when you will discover a bug or witness someone exploiting or being abusive, and demonstrating it to WG staff is much more difficult without a replay.

X15 #49 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

The only issue I see with it is that the vanilla release comes when the event ends.

I will be buying the ultimate bundle, it's a fantastic deal. But everyone should have a shot at the missions without laying down extra cash for extra goods they might not want.

nina_blain_73 #50 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

get rid of the staggered sales. The people who are going to but the top tier bundle are going to buy it, how ever making your customers wait just so you can force them to buy the more expensive one for what ever reason, is seen as money grabbing and will make you lose some of those sales you would have otherwise made by offering all tiers at once. 

in the end the staggered sales make WG look bad in the eyes of most of the customers you have. and I say this as someone who bought the HOOD today and would have bought the top tier anyway if all had been offered.

BATTLESHIP BABES

BB: Mikasa. Konig Albert, Kawachi, South Carolina, Wyoming, Imperator Nikolai, Myogi, Arizona, Texas,ARP Haruna, ARP, Hiei, ARP Kirishima, New York, Gneisnau, Warspite, New Mexico, Colorado, HOOD, Alabama, North Carolina, Tirpitz, Iowa, Missouri, Montana  CL: Diana, Emden, Caledon, Murmansk, Kuma, Nuremberg, KirovAdmiral Graf Spee, ARP Haguro,  ARP Myoko, Atlanta, Pensacola, Indianapolis    DD: Smith, Tachibana, Campbeltown, V-170, Minekaze, Kamikaze, Okhotnik, Gnevny,  Blyskawica, Gearing

chrisope #51 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostPelicanHazard, on 18 May 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

I understand why staggered releases work, even though I prefer all options available up front.

But I feel like WG shot itself in the foot by making the basic ship+slot only package not available until the campaign was over. If you were to keep the staggered release, I think it would have made more sense to shift the release windows up one week. That way the Ultimate super-expensive got-to-have-it bundle is released the week before the campaign starts (which helps build hype for the campaign, maybe tempt some people to step up to the Fully Loaded if they were considering waiting for Deluxe instead, and if we're frank the whales who buy the top bundle would do so campaign or not), and the ship+slot only becomes available in the last week so people who don't want the extras can still have time to sweep up the Hood-only tasks.

You'd still have complaining like with Spee and Eugen, but it wouldn't seem like such a slap in the face to people who only want the ship and to do its campaign tasks.

^^^  This

Fog_Cruiser_Yuubari #52 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Marketing Scheme: Punish people who are impatient.

With respect to it giving additional mission benefits: Do you NEED the Hood or do your just WANT it?

My Long List of Ships

-FOG Head of Training- | -Laurier Golden Hawk-

DukeOfJamming #53 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I would like to say on behalf of my whole clan that we are all very unhappy with the staggered release as it has impacted on our plans to purchase the ship, it has also affected our ability to complete the campaign due to some of us being limited in how much money we can put into wargaming we needed the hood in order to be able to complete the campaign in time due to other commitments.

Many thanks,

Duke Of Jamming and the rest of Yandere Amnesty

Ronin89 #54 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

To me the issue just feels like a slap in the face to people who have already bought or supported the game. I have already pick up premium time and doubloons and have enough credits invested I dont need the modules. With all that in mind I dont want to spend extra money on things I dont need or want. To add insult to injury you put an event, while it can be completed without the hood, where certain missions are locked behind using the Hood. Just seems like you don't care about what people may have already bought or supported the game in the past but a what have you done for me lately.

husband #55 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

the largest value add-on I believe is the 12pt Cpt and rare flags.

However - it would be nice to have 2 bundles released in first iteration rather than just one during the first week of the event.

Or even have the large bundle released ahead of the event and then the 2nd tier released during the event.

but generally, the pre-packaged bundles are a marketing gimmick and the community sees them as such and is put off by them.

• best option would be to allow basic ship and build your own bundle options - these are savvy consumers and history has shown people dont want to paying for things what they do not want/need -
  • for example BUNDLED CABLE packages are very unpopular (and cause cord cutting) and these ship packages are viewed the same way and have similar effect. 

Edited by husband, 18 May 2017 - 06:55 PM.

yamato6945 #56 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

If you guys want to make people happy then release all of Hoods Bundles before the event ends and Guarantee us you won't pull this staggered crap again  

LittleWhiteMouse #57 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

Wow, alright... let me see if I can articulate my feels.  I normally shut the feels off cause they tend to run amuck.  With my background in sales, i completely understand why the bundles are being released the way they are.  I mean, it makes complete sense.  Let me see if I can divide up my feelings:

The Good

• You have set four good price points with a lot of appeal for each.  Awesome!  I'm very glad to see this.  I am really liking the options provided at each price point -- there's something for players depending on their budget and buying habits.
  • You have very clearly laid out when which bundles will be available, including making a very large time window to grab the price point of your choice.  The bundles will sell for a total of 3 weeks (Ultimate for 3, Fully Loaded for 2, Deluxe for 1) and then the a la carte version will sell for two seeks subsequent to that.  Hats off!
  • I do like that the least expensive option has been saved to the end.  For those players who have to work within the confines of a budget, this gives them plenty of time to save up.

The Bad

• Wargaming has created an artificial need and a sense of urgency with the Hunt the Bismarck campaign.  To complete select mission goals in the campaign, some players may be "priced out" due to time constraints and real-life requirements conflicting.  While I suspect the amount of time the average consumer (not player -- I'm talking about people that buy premiums) is likely to have been considered, I wonder how closely this value was looked at and what the anticipated sales totals were with this release type.  I get that the intention is to up-sell customers based on the urgency of the campaign -- especially with such a large window to acquire the ship after the fact.  I don't pretend to have access to the sales figures to make sense of this.  I can say that it feels high pressure and that may breed resentment.  I am sure this fact was considered in a risk assessment.

The Ugly

• My port doesn't have a Hood in it.

-edit-

SUGGESTION:  The next time a premium is going to be tied to a campaign, slide the release schedule over.  Sell the Ultimate Bundle the week before the campaign begins.  Have the Fully Loaded become available as the campaign begins, the Deluxe 2 weeks in and then allow the a la carte version be sold towards the tail end of the campaign.  Advertise well in advance what the mission requirements will be like so people can work out a time budget and then easily figure out which bundle is best for them to accomplish their play-goals.

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse, 18 May 2017 - 07:11 PM.

Q♥  Most Recent Review: HMS Hood

Elo_J_Fudpucker #58 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostLert, on 18 May 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

​This...  outside of the need for the ship in a campaign... stagger the release, but it is obvious that there is a drive for the revenue here, and I am not thinking they are hiding this... but yeah... it is a gated deal,,,

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

LordSteve #59 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I can't see spending my Dad's hard earned shekels on a ship that is going to get hit once and detonate into a  gazillion pieces.

That said, it's a nice looking ship at least.

Edited by LordSteve, 18 May 2017 - 07:17 PM.

NemoKeine #60 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Honestly, this staggered release has made me seriously question WANT vs NEED for the Hood.  I was anticipating buying her regardless of her impact on completing the missions, but now that I am looking at the options I was hoping to buy a stand alone Hood, I have over a year of premium time thanks to WoT and I have dubloons out the wazoo leftover from the Xmas crates.  From my perspective I am being punished by having previously spent money on Wargaming.  We will see if next month I we will be willing to pay more than a Scharhorst or as much as a Mikhail Kutuzov for another British BB when I already have an excellent Warspite and Belfast. 

Also tagged with Hood, Release, Bundle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users