Hood Bundles Feedback Mega Thread

Hood Release Bundle

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

RipNuN2 #21 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Commander

• Members

I would prefer all bundles be available from the get go. I do like that there are some nice extras in some of the bundles for more options. It is a bit annoying that this is used in conjunction with tasks only available to the Hood.

Sventex #22 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostMrDeaf, on 18 May 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well, you know, this is the exact same method used when Graf Spee came out.

And plenty of people complained then.

Repeated in Hood.

It was mitigated by the fact that you could get the Graf Spee for free.  That's why I never complained because it was a generous offer.

"The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty."

cfedler #23 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostLert, on 18 May 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

View PostSventex, on 18 May 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

The hype is starting to hurt.  The Hood seemed less then impressive in reviews, but I thought hey, it could be free to unlock in a campaign.  I syked myself out to power run through the campaign, by playing less then normal.   Then I learn the Hood is not free, Bismarck is the free ship, something which I already own.  So I thought, okay, well maybe I could buy the cheapest version of the Hood, and burn through the campaign to get the neat camo.  Then I learn I have to wait for June 7th to even do that...

The only thing that excited me about the future of WoWs was the Hood since no news of the RN BBs have come out, but now it's one disappointing letdown followed by a delay after delay.  I've read the reviews, waited weeks and weeks, only to be given more delays is seriously turning me off from the game.  I feel like I'm being patient, but being teased with the Hood like this behind a giant paywall, a ship I would see in-game from wealthier players is just going to put me in a foul mood, so I think I'll just leave the game until June 7th.  I think it's better that way.

I have too agree with those two. I was going to buy the Hood to help boost through the missions, especially when i was going to get the cool perma-camos for the hood in mission 5. But with the only affordable bundle for me not being until the campaign is mostly over, i'm sorely tempted to just pass on it. It's sad that i want to pass on such an important piece of WWII Naval history, but you're not leaving me a whole lot of choice WG

Fair winds, and Following Seas

Goodwood_Alpha #24 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I ignored the staggered release for the Prinz Eugen completely because I had no interest in that ship whatsoever, and tolerated the same scheme for the Spee (and even bought her) because 1. she was earnable with enough time to spare for the bonus campaign and 2. the cheapest option was also available for purchase with enough time to spare for the exact same reason. Hood, on the other hand, is not available in the cheapest option until the campaign is over with.

All that aside, I will concede the point that were I made of money, this would not be an issue.

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

212thAttackBattalion #25 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

Ensign

• Members

The Bundles should be all avaliable from the start. I'm Aussie so the ultimate deal is 135 dollarydoos, I'm not able to spend that much, even though the goodies very much are worth it. but i would certainly consider buying the next price point down or just the ship/slot package if it was made available with plenty of time left in the Bismark mission. i certainly wouldn't by only the ship if it was only put into the shop after the bismark event is finished.

I really am just your average, every-man World of Warships player. My play style according to Warships today:

• Mostly plays cruisers, especially medium-tier and is very good in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Fiji

awiggin #26 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Not interested in it, so the price is meaningless to me.

But I really am unclear as to why WG seems to like to intentionally enrage a part of their player base with such obvious hard sell tactics? :unsure:

I certainly hope it's working, but none of the half finished work on this game seems to indicate it is so far.....:hmm:

Nachoo31 #27 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

The clan is doing a raffle for this guy. We need to renew Website and TS so we thought this was a good idea to rally some funds.  The staggering is making it difficult to decide on what bundle if we are going to use as the price. 

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

Have you clicked on the picture in my profile?  Enjoy!

http://na.warshipsto...836912/dark.png

Wolcott #28 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

Players like myself have been waiting ages for Royal Navy battleships & battlecruisers which have been neglected for far too long, and this is how WG introduces only the second RN BB to appear in the game? If you want staggered bundles that's fine, but do it for ships that were either never built or are entirely WG invention, not a real historical ship like HMS Hood. :facepalm:

Gangut

Nachoo31 #29 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

I would like to see your profit forecasting on doing the staggering.  You would think you would probably make more on the single ship/port slot.

Looking for Clan?  TheKriegsmarines [KMS]  

Have you clicked on the picture in my profile?  Enjoy!

http://na.warshipsto...836912/dark.png

jethro11 #30 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

View PostLert, on 18 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

I agree with Lert on this.   +1

TornadoADV #31 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Guess I'm not buying the Hood at all! Thanks for making the choice easy for me, WG! :coin:

nothere01 #32 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I wanted to buy the Hood, basic package (ship + port) in order to get access to those special missions in campaign. But since you can buy that package AFTER the campaign end, theres no real reason for me to buy it. I was actually excited to get the Hood, but eh, not like this.

Don't be a stat shamer, not everyone is an elitist.

But if you must...

Pekedog #33 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Seaman

• Members

Had my card out and was ready to buy Hood this morning. Have to wait till June now.  Disappointing but will get it then provided it does not slip my mind

Sharkbait_416 #34 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I bought it. The campaign goodies are free if you play, and Hood will be available for normal price afterwards. I think all three bundles should be available immediately. However, I do think the ship bundles are getting expensive. Belfast ultimate was about $75 IIRC.

Anyway, I'm out of the country, so I'm looking forward to playing the Hood when I'm back.

Edited by Sharkbait_416, 18 May 2017 - 06:25 PM.

Follow the link for a WoWS Invite Code: http://playtogether..../invite/7gbYqmz

m373x #35 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

"WG is a business that needs to make profit so the game stays free to play", a lot of you guys seem to throw this around often but forget it as soon as it doesn't suit your needs. ggnore

Jiggiwatt #36 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

While I'm not a big fan of staggered releases, I understand them in that WG is looking to capitalize on the hype. However using a staggered release after launching a mission where the ship in question is involved comes off as downright predatory.

Panzer1113 #37 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

While the goodies are nice, unless you are a collector or have a great attachment to the Hood, looks like the ship will just be a meh performer.  Think all the other tier 7 BBs are just as good or better, especially when considering damage potential and armor (not speed), and will not be strong when up tiered.  I can't justify the cost of the ship, even it self, 50 bucks for something meh does not thrill me.

Jiggiwatt #38 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postm373x, on 18 May 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

"WG is a business that needs to make profit so the game stays free to play", a lot of you guys seem to throw this around often but forget it as soon as it doesn't suit your needs. ggnore

The vast majority of people here aren't forgetting it, they do want to spend money. They just don't want to spend money on things they don't want to obtain something they DO want.

PelicanHazard #39 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I understand why staggered releases work, even though I prefer all options available up front.

But I feel like WG shot itself in the foot by making the basic ship+slot only package not available until the campaign was over. If you were to keep the staggered release, I think it would have made more sense to shift the release windows up one week. That way the Ultimate super-expensive got-to-have-it bundle is released the week before the campaign starts (which helps build hype for the campaign, maybe tempt some people to step up to the Fully Loaded if they were considering waiting for Deluxe instead, and if we're frank the whales who buy the top bundle would do so campaign or not), and the ship+slot only becomes available in the last week so people who don't want the extras can still have time to sweep up the Hood-only tasks.

You'd still have complaining like with Spee and Eugen, but it wouldn't seem like such a slap in the face to people who only want the ship and to do its campaign tasks.

Current Grind Progress: Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki, Myoko, Amagi, Hiryu, Essex, Udaloi, Tashkent, Shchors, Ernst Gaede, Bismarck, Roon, Fiji, Émile Bertin
Tier X: Gearing, Des Moines, Montana
Too many keepers to list

paradat #40 Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

I do not enjoy the staggered release. I do not mind bundle choices but the sales pressure applied because of the missions is not appreciated and feels a little desperate.

Plus dang it WG you know I am week! I may have to go into rehab to break my WG addiction and then no one wins. :)

Edited by paradat, 18 May 2017 - 06:42 PM.

Also tagged with Hood, Release, Bundle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users