Hood Bundles Feedback Mega Thread

Hood Release Bundle

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

Adm_Nate_Ellis937 #141 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

How do you expect us Northern neighbours to dish out $136.10 for a tier 7 ship? Thats enough to buy a new printer and 2 ink cartridges. 

pufek #142 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Trevzor, open the basic ship for purchase, you will see the jump in sale.

Life it is to short to be wasted in stupid things, so enjoy it to the fullest.

Hillslam #143 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:37 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Was going to buy Hood. Now not going to.

Too high of price. Too high of tier.

Hood should have been T6. If I want an erasable ship I'll play one of the USN high tier BBs gimped by the WG game engine.

Hood vs T9 german and jp BBs?   ???   ??????   ...and $100 no other way to buy?    !

yeah ok have fun with that. Wallet closed.

The Iowa is the better battleship. That fact doesn't require you to like it.

When your knowledge comes from nothing but books, your knowledge is worthless.

OseanTanker #144 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

View PostLert, on 18 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

Lert hit the nail on the head here, but I will also had in my thoughts.

I was fully ready to spend $50 for the Hood this morning. For me, I wanted her for the campaign and because she is the Hood. However, I am not paying 100 USD for a single ship. I am fine with the pricing of the bundles, if people want to buy the more expensive bundles, good for them! They continue to support the game more than I do. However, staggering the other bundles just stinks of a money grab especially when the Hood is tied into the campaign. I leave back for college in a little over a week. The Hood was necessary for me to complete the campaign. But now I will not be getting the Hood even when he comes out with just the port slot because I will no longer be able to play the game and the campaign will have ended. If you want to do staggered releases, stagger them by a few days, not weeks. If the bundles were released on one or two day intervals, no one would care all that much as it is just a few days, not three weeks.

You can say this is not a cash grab all you want. But if it looks like a cash grab, smells like a cash grab, and feels like a cash grab, then chances are it is a cash grab. It is not paying for the luxury of finishing the missions early if you buy the bundles now. It is simply if you want to use the Hood to complete the missions at all, then give us more money. I own most of the premium ships in the game (Most USN, Warspite, Belfast, all IJN ones thanks to the Black Friday bundle, Blys. Tirpitz, Sharnhorst, and a few others). I have no problem giving WG my money. I do take offense when you demand more money from us if you want to use a ship for a campaign. I would have happily bought the Deluxe bundle if it was available today. As of now, I will not be buying the Hood period. So hope that someone else buys a cash grab bundle to make up for the money I am no longer spending. Nothing short of WG admitting this was an absolute blunder and making the bundles available will cause me to change my mind.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​ -2nd Amendment

Boyarsky #145 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:40 AM

Warrior of the Light

• Developers

View PostTearphoenix, on 18 May 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

If this was not a money grab, then why not allow the Hood to be purchased by itself? 
I think the point you may be missing is that many of us want the Hood to play in the event simply to sail the Hood during a Bismarck event, not to earn the Bismarck for free. I used to watch "Sink the Bismarck" with my dad as a kid and it brings up fond memories. I have $50 to spend on whatever this month and was greatly looking forward to getting the Hood today and thought surely, since they "Heard and appreciate our feedback" that this would not be a staggered release. Perhaps naive of me. 

I know that you obviously need to make a profit on the massive amount of work and resources that you put into this game, but this seems unnecessary. I do not think the bundles are poorly priced for what they offer, I just can't afford them. But more importantly, I have no choice in the matter. If I want the Hood, I ~have~ to buy other things. So while this may be great for your short-term bottom line, it tells your fanbase "We have heard your feedback, but we don't care" whether you intended it that way or not. Especially after your public statement regarding the Prinz Eugen. The added transparency certainly helps, but it is not the heart of the matter. Now perhaps I am alone or in a minority on this, I certainly cannot see your sales metrics, but the length of this thread makes me believe I am not the only one with these feelings. 

I was asked before, but I'll answer here - I will not be spending any money on the Hood unless I can play it during the event, for the majority of the event, not a rushed portion or after the fact. 

Do you owe me (or any of your other players) this? No, but you have left a bitter taste in my mouth that will be remembered when I reach for my wallet

I hear your pain. Going forward we will be more flexible with technology allowing us to sell access to missions. With current limitations we couldn't find an elegant way to sell Hood unbundled without giving access to Hood-only missions. This is a very good feedback. Thank you for sharing.

Regional Producer

cmdr_raccoon #146 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I've been pretty busy of late with work and all and I've had time to login and check things out only a little recently but I'll give my thoughts on this here.

I've read some posts prior to mine here in this thread and I can agree or support some issues.

-I think it's a poorly thought out thing and just bad to lock historical camo behind "pay walls". Why is it just not possible to put behind the "pay wall" the fictional camo, which in turn could be an incentive for the designers/artists at WG to come up with something really cool. As an artist myself (animator) I can appreciate good works and I'd be sure as hell tempted to get fictional camo if it's cool looking. (well I grinded just to get ARP Haguro because i loved a Red Myoko even if I dont need the other colors :P )

-as an additional thought on the camo thing, maybe... just maybe... make it like the Eugen where the other camo can be bought by doubloons at anytime later on instead of just restricted during this bundle sale time? (What I said about HISTORIC camo being for all bundles and the bigger ones getting the fictional camo still stands however)

That said, you WG people don't worry, I'll be getting the Hood anyhow. I've set up some $$ aside for it already. I appreciate the effort you guys made to creating her, but just don't expect me to get the biggest bundle of course :)

Edited by cmdr_raccoon, 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM.

Tearphoenix #147 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostBoyarsky, on 19 May 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

I hear your pain. Going forward we will be more flexible with technology allowing us to sell access to missions. With current limitations we couldn't find an elegant way to sell Hood unbundled without giving access to Hood-only missions. This is a very good feedback. Thank you for sharing.

I'm afraid I will believe it when I see it. You have already stated you took feedback into account with the Eugen, but the current situation with the Hood speaks otherwise. 

internerd #148 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:45 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I'm extremely disappointed that the historical camouflage is restricted to the top bundle. That's $135 for me :-( 

A_FIELD_MARSHAL #149 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostBoyarsky, on 18 May 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Why would the missions only be accessible to top bundle? Wouldn't buying the ship at any bundle be enough? Again are you that desperate for money that you need to lock the missions to top bundle? If you are then whoever is running the ship of finances is doing a poor job.  

Edited by A_FIELD_MARSHAL, 19 May 2017 - 01:52 AM.

Taichunger #150 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Captain

• Members

I might buy the bundle, never done that before. The flags are pretty nice...

But it would have better if the usual slew of bundles with the bare ship were released at the same time. This marketing move is not popular with the community and has generated a lot of ill-feeling.

----------

Still needed: (1) a NO CV button for the MM (2) Remove Shatter (3) a button for demounting all flags (4) the icon in the status bar to signal someone wants to div/chat with you

Westo454 #151 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Wargaming,

First of all, thank you for setting up an easy way for players to provide you with feedback, I know that in many cases feedback does not always get through, or is distributed piecemeal through private forum messages, Customer Service messages, social media outlets such as facebook, twitter, and reddit, all of which can make it difficult to get a full picture of what the community is actually saying.

Now then, on to the body of my comments, I think that releasing a ship, in particular a ship with exclusive in game content, in such a manner as Hood is being released and Graf Spee was released for EU at Christmastime, is a poor business practice, in that it requires players who are dedicated to the game and want to spend money in order to support the work of the developers, to spend a higher amounts than they may wish to acquire both the ship and access to the exclusive content. While I personally have sufficient disposable money that I could afford such a premium, I am discouraged from doing so by knowing that if I open my wallet and shell out the additional cash to have it before the standalone ship comes out, I am merely encouraging you to continue with this business model. It is my hope that you, having received a significant amount of feedback disapproving of this business model, will resume the previous model of offering several ship packages, including the base ship alone simultaneously, and allowing your supporting playerbase to select the option that best fits them.

Sincerely,

Westo454

Wolff_Punisher #152 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:55 AM

Ensign

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

I dont like the staggered release. I personally think options from the ship alone up a full bundle should have been offered.

There are those out there that cant afford the full bundle but theydo have avalable funds for just the ship at this time. Yes they have the option of waiting till their price point is reached but at that time they may not have the funds available to make a purchase.

I will always respect your thoughts and opinions, all I ask is that you do the same to mine

Redtoxin #153 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I am not a fan of the historical camo (one at time of sinking) being locked behind $100, as well as the bare bone package only available after the event.

Nanasaki_Koko #154 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

I don`t have problem with price actually. I saw the video how long it took to make Hood in to the game, and I after I saw that I decided to buy the ship even if I`m not a fan of BB. It has beautiful apperance with unique rocket AA (Which I insanely love about) so yeah, I would have bought the ship.However when I saw staggered release, I decided not to. After Prinz Eugen and Graf Spee, devs admitted they made a mistake and take our feedbacks in to account. However with Hood`s staggered release, I don`t think they took our feedback seriously and just said things to avoid the very situation. 

I love those bundles. I think they deserve the price, and some expensive ones has great value. However after Prinz Eugen I rethought about this and concluded that it wasn`t worth it and then started to buy the very bare ships. And with Hood, I probably won`t buy ships that doesn`t interest me whole lot. 

The point is, by this marketing decision I`m losing interest and love to the game. Well this staggered release bothers be a lot and makes me rethink about buying digital products. I don`t know why marketing decided to do staggered release after Prinz Eugen and Graf Spee incident but at least for me it makes me not buy stuff. Well I guess WG is doing this because perhaps staggered release makes more money. 

I have 15 premium ships in my port(edit : except the premium ships earned via missions), and some of them are there just because they look beautiful. I`m sad that Hood never joined with those ships, and never will be. 

Edit: But I would like to say thank you to WGNA about being transparent about future release dates. I`ve just checked WG Asia cluster and they also started to sell Hood, but with out informing release dates of lower priced bundles.  They are just selling Ultimate pack and saying 'Each packages will be unlocked further into the event.'. So yeah, at least having clear release date is better. 

Edited by Nanasaki_Koko, 19 May 2017 - 08:07 PM.

JeffKnight #155 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostKapitanleutnant_Ford, on 18 May 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I personally dislike the staggered release.  I was kinda on the fence on buying the Hood and may have bought her today if the ship was available without a bundle. I don't care to spend money on a special flag or any of the other stuff. I can say that by June or whenever I am no longer going to be interested in buying the Hood.

These are my thoughts too. I would play her now to finish up the missions faster (the highest pin missions are Hood-only missions). So, yeah. Seems like very P2W to me.

Zim_Xero #156 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostNanasaki_Koko, on 19 May 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

I don`t have problem with price actually. I saw the video how long it took to make Hood in to the game, and I after I saw that I decided to buy the ship even if I`m not a fan of BB. It has beautiful apperance with unique rocket AA (Which I insanely love about) so yeah, I would have bought the ship.However when I saw staggered release, I decided not to. After Prinz Eugen and Graf Spee, devs admitted they made a mistake and take our feedbacks in to account. However with Hood`s staggered release, I don`t think they took our feedback seriously and just said things to avoid the very situation. 

I love those bundles. I think they deserve the price, and some expensive ones has great value. However after Prinz Eugen I rethought about this and concluded that it wasn`t worth it and then started to buy the very bare ships. And with Hood, I probably won`t buy ships that doesn`t interest me whole lot. 

The point is, by this marketing decision I`m losing interest and love to the game. Well this staggered release bothers be a lot and makes me rethink about buying digital products. I don`t know why marketing decided to do staggered release after Prinz Eugen and Graf Spee incident but at least for me it makes me not buy stuff. Well I guess WG is doing this because perhaps staggered release makes more money. 

I have 23 premium ships in my port, and some of them are there just because they look beautiful. I`m sad that Hood never joined with those ships, and never will be. 

Edit: But I would like to say thank you to WGNA about being transparent about future release dates. I`ve just checked WG Asia cluster and they also started to sell Hood, but with out informing release dates of lower priced bundles.  They are just selling Ultimate pack and saying 'Each packages will be unlocked further into the event.'. So yeah, at least having clear release date is better. 

The staggered release is obviously designed to promote campaign play for free players.  Even those who are on the cusp might not buy the $99 pack, but decide to buy a lesser pack if they are close, desire the ship, and run out of time.  Whatever their true intentions... they make more money this way and gain more campaign play at the same time.  Personally, I'm not gonna buy the hood unless it gets over 52% WR on Warships Today after the first few days of running.  Not gonna waste the kind of cash on a lemon.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

Fodder4U #157 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters

I don't mind staggered releases so long as there is no mission involved. However this time there is a mission involved so I am opposed to the release style. How about from now on you do staggered releases for premiums that do not have missions involving their use and on the other premiums that have a mission involved you can do a full release with all the options available at once?

I think that is fair for all.

Wardog_Noir #158 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBoyarsky, on 18 May 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

You claim there was no elegant way to sell the Hood unbundled?  Wow, that's just a blatant lie.

You chose to make this into yet another money grab.  It really shouldn't surprise you that many of your customers see it for what it is, and refused to open their wallets for an overpriced and poorly represented ship.

You want to fix your latest public relations and marketing screwup?  It's probably too late, but putting all of the bundles on sale now and including the historic camo paint in all of them might be a good start.  Who knows, you might actually get a few more sales and some PR goodwill out if it.

Noone_You_Know #159 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:11 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostBoyarsky, on 18 May 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

Why would this be an issue? Someone buys the Hood, unbundled, and gets access to the missions. So what? They bought the Hood. They gave you money. Or maybe they wouldn't have given you enough money. In my part of the world, that's a cash grab. How elegant.

NightmareDancer #160 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Im patient about waiting for cheaper hood packages but really bit its not like this thread feedback will change anything. 

Also tagged with Hood, Release, Bundle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Nishimura_1