• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

Trevzor #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Friend of the Podcast

• Administrator
  • Alpha Tester
    Supertester

What up everybody?

We have noticed that there is a very large amount of people with very passionate feelings regarding the release style of the bundle for Hood.

What we would like is for the community to place their feedback here in this mega thread. We are going to ask that you keep your comments, feedback, and interactions civil. 

Both myself and Niko will be watching this thread and moderating it very heavily... post that do not follow forum rules will be removed and sanctions given. We are asking for your clear, concise, and civil feedback. Not for vitriol.

Thank you for understanding and for being an awesome community. We look forward to hearing what you folk have to say!

RivertheRoyal #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Members

I am okay with it. Hell, I bought it, so I'd better be okay with it. 

I like the flags, and all the other goodies. So, no hard feelings from me.

Others, however? Er, I'm not really feeling the love. 

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I personally dislike the staggered release.  I was kinda on the fence on buying the Hood and may have bought her today if the ship was available without a bundle. I don't care to spend money on a special flag or any of the other stuff. I can say that by June or whenever I am no longer going to be interested in buying the Hood.
Stats

SgtSullyC3 #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:27 PM

Ensign

• Members

I wanted the ship, was considering purchasing her, but no way can I afford a $100 bundle, even though the goodies seem well worth it and I would love to have the two camos + flag. By the time the ship+slot pack comes out in June I'll be looking at Kaga.

Edited by SgtSullyC3, 18 May 2017 - 05:28 PM.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, Bismarck, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

hangglide42 #5 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

In fairness, I don't think you can fault WG too much for this particular release because it is the essence of how any F2P game model needs to work to stay in business.  Essentially, everyone is being given a choice of their priorities and means because:

- if you have to have Hood now, you can pay for an extended bundle

- if you don't care for the extras & extra cost, you're just being asked to wait 3 wks for just the ship which is priced similarly to other Premium ships

- if you don't want the ship or spend for it, you still have a very doable Bismarck Campaign where you can get the major rewards with a reasonable game play time commitment without it.

MrDeaf #6 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

Admiral

• Members

Well, you know, this is the exact same method used when Graf Spee came out.

And plenty of people complained then.

Repeated in Hood.

Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

nightrider760 #7 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

im seeing a lot of salt about the price for the ultimate bundle and the staggered  bundles. I can understand  the disappointment  over  the bundles being staggered. but the salt over the price  I don't  understand. with all of the extras you are only paying about  $30.00 usd for the ship. it boggles my mind.

Scarheart76 #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I just want the Hood. I don't want the bundle. I'm looking at the prices for the Saipan and Scharnhorst and was looking at them as the ballpark figure for pricing. I'm not shelling out a hundred dollars for the Hood because I don't want all the bells and whistles that come with it.

Why is there no option to just purchase the Hood without the stuff I don't want?

Lert #9 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:34 PM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

I personally dislike the practise of staggered release. Especially when they affect in-game missions. Especially when some of those in-game missions can only be completed using content only available in its cheapest form after the in-game event ends.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

MorbidGamer #10 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Ensign

• Members

All ship buying options should be available. I can see that you are trying to capitalize on impatient players... Nothing wrong with that. But it kills hype when you make high priced package only available.

GrafZeppelinKai #11 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Wiki Editor

I can understand that the staggered release was done with the Bismarck campaign in mind, so that people whom are getting an advantage are aware of the cost. 

On the other hand, having all bundles released at the same time does seem more utilitarian from a consumer perspective as it gives the buys the choice of purchase he/she is looking for. 

"Wiki Editors do the Lord's work"   - Pigeon_of_War, 2017

AzureComet #12 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:37 PM

Seaman

• Members

I bought both the Eugen and Spee deals, Eugen wasn't so bad, Spee miffed me a bit,  but I would think after a third time of overall negative feedback you'd understand the community distaste for this type of thing. I was looking forwards to the Hood, as were many others and regardless of price I had plans to buy it? However, due to recent events I think I will be overall passing on getting the Hood. I'm sure it's a great ship but I can not justify giving my hard earned cash to a company the continues to ignore the feedback of the community on this type of issue.

I have seen the reasoning behind it but overall I see a negative or indifferent reaction to it, I do think I will also be passing on further premium ships until this type of thing is understood, addressed and worked out by WG and the community. This will include Graf Zepplin, and any other sought after ships regardless of how good or collectible they are. A bridge has been burnt for me personally today and it will make my decisions in supporting WG quite differently. Right now, I appreciate EA a bit more than them.
Well wishes.

Azure.

Edited by AzureComet, 18 May 2017 - 05:45 PM.

yamato6945 #13 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Every option should be available from the start this staggered release crap is stupid all it does is make people angry and makes them less willing to buy from you at a later date  

Edited by yamato6945, 18 May 2017 - 06:02 PM.

GX9900A #14 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

i have two problems with the bundles, and the first one is a pretty minor complaint compared to my dislike of the second complaint

1 - the hood is more expensive then the schorn in its base price, when in all aspects other then gun size and sheer hp the shorn is the superior ship. guns reload faster, ships are equaly manuverable (speed in practice is the same as the hood takes far longer to recover from a turn and to start up initially), armor is far superior and the shorn has torps. - but as i said this is a very, VERY minor complaint as its only ~1$ and im not in outrage over 1$ in price.

2 - inability to buy the base ship prior to the end of the event. this, this honestly pissed me off to the point im considering not even buying the hood dispute having already set aside the money for the ship. it feels like a slap to those of us that just wanted the base ship, and or dont have the money to buy the more expensive packages as we also lose out on not only the bundles we would not have of gotten anyway, but now we DONT EVEN GET A CHANCE at 98 flags. it may not seem like much to you, but 98 flags is potentially ALOT of missed EXP/credits/comanderEXP/Free EXP and missing out on that, despite paying for the same ship seems like a massive rip off.

so yes im pretty pissed off that we cant even buy the base pakage before the event ends, and very, VERY minorly annoyed at the price.

MorbidGamer #15 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Ensign

• Members

Another point I would like to make is... If WG ever puts in the ability to try before you buy... I'm sure less people would be angry. I know I don't want to spend a large amount of money just to find out I don't like the ship I bought. I did it already a few times. Now I'm really hesitant on what I buy.

hangglide42 #16 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostMrDeaf, on 18 May 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well, you know, this is the exact same method used when Graf Spee came out.

And plenty of people complained then.

Repeated in Hood.

The current Bismarck Campaign & the Graf Spee/Santa's Convoy missions have a few differences that make them somewhat different.

- The Holiday period mission actually required the Graf Spee to complete the Santa's Convoy missions if I recall correctly (so you

had to either buy or earn the Graf Spee)

- The Graf Spee/Santa's Convoy missions had a time start bar on when you could start each phase of a mission which created problems

for players in organizing their playtime around their lives.

I think WG may have taken a lesson from the previous time-limited campaign as:

The current Hood sales strategy - just gives players the ability to get pins in the Bismarck mission much faster making that mission

much easier.  The Hood is not required at all for the Bismarck campaign and it is much more doable than the Xmas Missions for

the Graf Spee & Santa's convoy.  The main effect of the staggered sale strategy is that the player is being asked to make a choice

between waiting or budget means if they want to get the Hood w/o making any other Campaign rewards particularly unreachable.

Sakuzhi #17 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Staggered release is foolish and only serves to rile up people. 

It didnt work for the PE and it's only acid to the face this time because many, many players aren't going to buy it for 100$, and more than 'some' are likely not going to buy it at all now that you forced the lesser bundles past the bismarck hunt event.

Then you have an event were it benefits the User to have the Hood, but is it worth the extra 60$+ that is getting charged?

That's just throwing Salt on the acid burns

Edited by Sakuzhi, 18 May 2017 - 05:49 PM.

• Mostly plays battleships and is excellent in them (warships.today)

Sventex #18 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

The hype is starting to hurt.  The Hood seemed less then impressive in reviews, but I thought hey, it could be free to unlock in a campaign.  I syked myself out to power run through the campaign, by playing less then normal.   Then I learn the Hood is not free, Bismarck is the free ship, something which I already own.  So I thought, okay, well maybe I could buy the cheapest version of the Hood, and burn through the campaign to get the neat camo.  Then I learn I have to wait for June 7th to even do that...

The only thing that excited me about the future of WoWs was the Hood since no news of the RN BBs have come out, but now it's one disappointing letdown followed by a delay after delay.  I've read the reviews, waited weeks and weeks, only to be given more delays is seriously turning me off from the game.  I feel like I'm being patient, but being teased with the Hood like this behind a giant paywall, a ship I would see in-game from wealthier players is just going to put me in a foul mood, so I think I'll leave the gameuntil June 7th. I think that's better that way.

I don't know...I want that Bismarck camo, but I don't want to be around people sailing the Hood right now...

Edited by Sventex, 18 May 2017 - 09:19 PM.

"The world is not beautiful; and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty."

CruiserQuincy #19 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

It's an ugly practice, but apparently a profitable one since it's now done for the third time. This thread's existence is proof that you know it's bad, you know people won't like it, but are okay with taking that risk because it has a good looking net result in the end. Maybe a chance to complain in a thread like this will be enough for some players to calm themselves down, they'll come here, share their passionate feelings in civilized manner and move on to whatever they wanna do next, but I still expect a large portion of the community to feel like you sank the fangs too deep into them by doing that with the Hood of all ships, and during a special campaign of all times.

I can understand why it's done, it's convenient for Wargaming. But it didn't have to be so bloated with things that the player doesn't really care about. 2000 Doubloons, 30 days premium and a special commemorative flag is already expensive enough to be the priciest bundle, but you tossed in as much as you possibly could to inflate the price of both to the 99$ and 79$ values we have. If you wanna do staggered releases, sure... but have some tiny bit of common sense when deciding what goes into the bundle to keep it down to a realistic price.

mofton #20 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Commander

• Members

You can only get the historic camo with the $100 bundle, or $53 more than Hood alone.

As I have little value from most of the additions in the bundle it's a question of paying more than twice as much for a camo if I want a historic looking Hood, which I would because it's a historic premium - and that's the point.

light.png

Iowanna be a rockstar - Salmon - Ctrl-Click-Schiffe - Le Dunkerque - Grand Old Lady - ~5 Mil in IJN Scrap

Gearings of Poor - Trashcan - Biscuit-tweaker - Tachi-Ali-Baba - Not-quite-Minekaze - Zit-23 - Shinbone - Your-a-gnome

Dakka Moines - AbSchorring - Dakka-Dakka-taur

Also tagged with Hood, Release, Bundle

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users