Jump to content


Well now that the Hood is out...


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Someoneisme2 #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 3
  • Member since:
    03-18-2017

Well the HMS Hood is here and it almost fell off of my chair this morning when I saw that the only package that has it is 136.10 Cnd.  I know that comes with a bunch of stuff like a captain that ready to fight and so on but I just cannot afford that and still be married at the end of the day.  I really do think that can try and explain to her that this is value but it is really hard to argue that point when you have nothing tangible to touch or hold after spending that much.

 

So with that said, I do want to try my hand on the new Hunt for the Bismarck campaign starting but only have two tier five ships, is this enough for me to get through?  I have a Japanese DD and USS Texas, and nothing else is even close as I just got to tier IV with most of my other ships.  My question is should I consider buying one of the other tier V or VI ships available for the OP?  I have set aside monies for the Hood but since the base package will not be available until after I am thinking one of these might increase my chance of finishing more of the OP challenges.

 

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome


1025497567.png

paradat #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Testers

  • 4,105
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostSomeoneisme2, on 18 May 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Well the HMS Hood is here and it almost fell off of my chair this morning when I saw that the only package that has it is 136.10 Cnd.  I know that comes with a bunch of stuff like a captain that ready to fight and so on but I just cannot afford that and still be married at the end of the day.  I really do think that can try and explain to her that this is value but it is really hard to argue that point when you have nothing tangible to touch or hold after spending that much.

 

So with that said, I do want to try my hand on the new Hunt for the Bismarck campaign starting but only have two tier five ships, is this enough for me to get through?  I have a Japanese DD and USS Texas, and nothing else is even close as I just got to tier IV with most of my other ships.  My question is should I consider buying one of the other tier V or VI ships available for the OP?  I have set aside monies for the Hood but since the base package will not be available until after I am thinking one of these might increase my chance of finishing more of the OP challenges.

 

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome

 

​Yes you could do it. You will need some time but yeah doable.... also other bundles are being offered some early enough to make a big difference on the missions.


 


SneakHayabusa #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 308
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostSomeoneisme2, on 18 May 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Well the HMS Hood is here and it almost fell off of my chair this morning when I saw that the only package that has it is 136.10 Cnd.  I know that comes with a bunch of stuff like a captain that ready to fight and so on but I just cannot afford that and still be married at the end of the day.  I really do think that can try and explain to her that this is value but it is really hard to argue that point when you have nothing tangible to touch or hold after spending that much.

 

So with that said, I do want to try my hand on the new Hunt for the Bismarck campaign starting but only have two tier five ships, is this enough for me to get through?  I have a Japanese DD and USS Texas, and nothing else is even close as I just got to tier IV with most of my other ships.  My question is should I consider buying one of the other tier V or VI ships available for the OP?  I have set aside monies for the Hood but since the base package will not be available until after I am thinking one of these might increase my chance of finishing more of the OP challenges.

 

Thoughts and opinions are always welcome

 

The Texas should easily carry you through the event if you know how to use her decently. I'd say just pass on the Hood. The only things in that bundle that are worth anything are the ship, camo for some reason(although event will give you 2 free) and the flags, doubloons and premium. Everything else is just there to make it easier if you're broke in-game but are worthless if you have credits.

Ship is $44

Camo let's say is $15

30-days premium is $12.59

5k doubloons is $23

those flags are about $15

Everything else can just be earned easily in-game. If you want the ship, get her after the event, but avoid that top bundle imo. It's just barely scrapping as a deal.


Edited by SneakHayabusa, 18 May 2017 - 04:53 PM.

BBs: Arkansas B, Texas, Arizona, Iowa, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Yamato, Konig Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Warspite, Dunkerque | CA/CLs: Atlanta, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Yūbari, Atago, Zao, Emden, Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, Murmansk, Molotov, Chapayev | DDs: Farragut, Sims, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, Yugumo, Blyskawica, Lo Yang, Gremyashchy, Tashkent | CVs: Independence, Saipan, Taihō | ARP: ARP Kongō, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Kirishima, ARP Myōkō, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Haguro

 

 


vonKaiser #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Members

  • 1,691
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostSneakHayabusa, on 18 May 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

 

The Texas should easily carry you through the event if you know how to use her decently. I'd say just pass on the Hood. The only things in that bundle that are worth anything are the ship, camo for some reason(although event will give you 2 free) and the flags, doubloons and premium. Everything else is just there to make it easier if you're broke in-game but are worthless if you have credits.

Ship is $44

Camo let's say is $15

30-days premium is $12.59

5k doubloons is $23

those flags are about $15

Everything else can just be earned easily in-game. If you want the ship, get her after the event, but avoid that top bundle imo. It's just barely scrapping as a deal.

 

Only other thing, is if you're short on credits.  Top bundle comes with the common upgrades you'll want to throw in her.  (Damage control mod and the Magazine mod (I see what Wargaming did there)) are pricey so if you're short on credits getting them without spending could be seen as a plus if you're not rolling in the dough. 

For the love of god Wargaming, please remove the atrocious Citadel hit noise

Sincerely, a Tinnitus sufferer. (Edit 7/7/16 - Thank you soooooo much for the change Wargaming)

Random Gaming Moments, Ship Reviews and gameplay breakdown by yours truly: https://www.youtube.com/c/vonkaiser


SneakHayabusa #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 308
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostvonKaiser, on 18 May 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

 

Only other thing, is if you're short on credits.  Top bundle comes with the common upgrades you'll want to throw in her.  (Damage control mod and the Magazine mod (I see what Wargaming did there)) are pricey so if you're short on credits getting them without spending could be seen as a plus if you're not rolling in the dough. 

 

Yeah, but that's why I said they're worthless "if you have credits." I wouldn't buy her either way personally. See no appeal in her both statistically and historically.

BBs: Arkansas B, Texas, Arizona, Iowa, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Yamato, Konig Albert, Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, Bismarck, Warspite, Dunkerque | CA/CLs: Atlanta, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Yūbari, Atago, Zao, Emden, Prinz Eugen, Admiral Hipper, Murmansk, Molotov, Chapayev | DDs: Farragut, Sims, Tachibana, Kamikaze R, Yugumo, Blyskawica, Lo Yang, Gremyashchy, Tashkent | CVs: Independence, Saipan, Taihō | ARP: ARP Kongō, ARP Haruna, ARP Hiei, ARP Kirishima, ARP Myōkō, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Haguro

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users