Who do you target first as US CV?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Ship Class (25 members have cast votes)

Which class do you prioritize and why?

1. Battleships (17 votes [42.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

2. Destroyers (17 votes [42.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

3. Cruisers (1 vote [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

4. Enemy CV (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Leutnant77 #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

Hey guys,

Just curious to see who you guys prioritize and why when you join a match. 

AVR_Project #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I play much differently than others.

My first job is to scout out and bring back intel for my team.  This way, they know which way to go, and where to ambush.

However, If I see a DD over-extending (on a CV match ??) into a cap early on, I immediately hit the F3, then do my best to take this ship out.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

There is no specific ship class that I will go for first; however, I will avoid cruisers that have strong AA/Defensive Fire. Most of the time, my first target would usually be the bottom-tier BB or a smoke-camping DD. I can also get away with nuking the bottom-tier cruisers sometimes.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

ValkyrWarframe #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Members

If the enemy carrier is AS, then I target them.  If not, I target destroyers or battleships.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

iEaTDaGrudge #5 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostAVR_Project, on 18 May 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

I play much differently than others.

My first job is to scout out and bring back intel for my team.  This way, they know which way to go, and where to ambush.

However, If I see a DD over-extending (on a CV match ??) into a cap early on, I immediately hit the F3, then do my best to take this ship out.

i play dd a lot and i agree with this +5

RTR78 #6 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

9 out of 10 times, my first strike is against a DD.. I almost always run strike and send my planes to the closest cap 1st. This allows me to gather information on the red team, their CV and quite often take out a DD. Then I can recover my planes fast. If the other CV is AS, I will send 1 bomber squad towards his fighters while sending a strike in the opposite direction.. If conditions are right, I will TRY a CV strike, if not, I will hit whatever ship spotted my planes. From this point on, the rest of the match gets totally situational.

Carrier_Lexington #7 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:22 PM

Ensign

• Members

Battleships and Cruisers. Why? They have the most AA, and I like to get rid of 'em.

"Heresy!"

Ujenele #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Target first. - DDs  you need to lite them for your allies and they are the only ships in the opening that have extended beyond AA cover.

In your post you say 'prioritize' and although I see after you say, when you join a match, I wonder how many people will miss that and just think prioritze, like in the match overall.

I am a Beta Tester - fun is not my objective but fun will be had.

I will test all manners of balance and unbalance with zeal and objectivity.

I will provide constructive criticism and thoughtful suggestions.

I will not whine, I will not whine. For I am a Beta TESTER.

Taylor3006 #9 Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Ensign

• Members

I try and bomb DDs and use my torp planes on BBs or CAs that are giving our DDs trouble. 

Palladia #10 Posted Today, 12:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

BB's or DD's.  Depends on the map and the conditions.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Starfighter_Ace