Gun sight

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

IcyThor #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:53 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

I downloaded the Aslain modpack 0.6.5.  I want to try a different gun sight from the one offered by the game.  Any suggestions?

SireneRacker #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

Captain

• Members

Thing about gunsights is that everyone has his own tastes and the gunsights affect us all differently. Some people cannot aim without that spider web sight, some people find it distracting. My personal recommendation is the plain Type 2 sight (I hope it was the second one) that this game offers, I find any more details to be distracting.

Just to make sure I didn't mix it up here is what it looks like

Spoiler

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

DoomStomper #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:22 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Personally I find the extra diagonal lines of the type 7/8/9 (depending on color preference) to help immensely with leading targets in the spotter plane view.

I've also long been requesting the option to enable dynamic scaling on EVERY type of crosshair, but no luck so far.

My Stats

PC Specs
 Intel i7 - 6700k processor, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cooler, Asus Z170 motherboard, MSI GTX 980 Ti GPU, Crucial 16GB DDR4 RAM, Corsair Graphite 760t case, EVGA Supernova 850G2 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD, Acer XB271HU monitor, Windows 10

Crucis #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I use the dynamic crosshair, but like DoomStomper, wish that there were multiple dynamic crosshair options, including one with the diagonal lines.  Right now, I have to try to guess how to proper lead targets on diagonal courses, relative to me.

h_balck #5 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Once you get used to Dynamic, it's very effective.  Especially if you are playing between ships with very different shell velocities.

RipNuN2 #6 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Commander

• Members

I just want a dynamic crosshair with numbered hashes to help with leading a little quicker.

DOCTOR_CITADEL #7 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRipNuN2, on 18 May 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

I just want a dynamic crosshair with numbered hashes to help with leading a little quicker.

I prefer the dynamic crosshair so that my lead is always the same, no matter what the zoom level is. Personal preference. I also aim "by feel" quite a bit, so it doesn't really matter all that much, I guess.

I wouldn't mind the dynamic crosshair applying to all of the available in-game crosshairs, though. I can't stand the static ones.

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

HazeGrayUnderway #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Notser had a video last year on Dynamic Crosshairs,

IcyThor #9 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:16 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

This is a great forum.  Players share their tips which makes me a better player and puts them at greater risk.

I will use the dynamic today and start adapting to it.

HazeGrayUnderway #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostIcyThor, on 18 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

This is a great forum.  Players share their tips which makes me a better player and puts them at greater risk.

I will use the dynamic today and start adapting to it.

I switched to Dynamic Crosshairs sometime last year, after seeing that video while wondering what that option did after it got put into the game.

I like it because of its consistency due to the auto-scaling.  With the standard crosshairs you had to keep in mind the ranges you were sighting in on and recall how much lead on the "ticks" you needed for that range and zoom setting.  With Dynamic Crosshairs, it's the same, it keeps things simpler.

With the standard crosshairs, I often made the mistake, i.e. 10 ticks on the sights at X range and -2 zoom out, but I forgot and it was supposed to be 8, so I overshoot.  With Dynamic, it's the same regardless of how zoomed in / out I am.

IcyThor #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 19 May 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

I switched to Dynamic Crosshairs sometime last year, after seeing that video while wondering what that option did after it got put into the game.

I like it because of its consistency due to the auto-scaling.  With the standard crosshairs you had to keep in mind the ranges you were sighting in on and recall how much lead on the "ticks" you needed for that range and zoom setting.  With Dynamic Crosshairs, it's the same, it keeps things simpler.

With the standard crosshairs, I often made the mistake, i.e. 10 ticks on the sights at X range and -2 zoom out, but I forgot and it was supposed to be 8, so I overshoot.  With Dynamic, it's the same regardless of how zoomed in / out I am.

I used it last night and like it.  Its going to take me some time to adjust to it but I think it will improve my hit ratio.

Crucis #12 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostIcyThor, on 19 May 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 19 May 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

I used it last night and like it.  Its going to take me some time to adjust to it but I think it will improve my hit ratio.

IMO, a dynamic crosshair is vastly better than a static one.  The dynamic Xhair improved my hit rate.  I will say though that it would be nice if there were more dynamic Xhair options, particularly some with the diagonal lines, since they help against ships on angled courses relative to your ship. .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users