Are my stats considered Average? Can I Improve?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Adm_Nate_Ellis937 #1 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:06 AM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

Hey all,

I'm currently seeking feedback on if/how I can improve my stats. I mostly play Tiers 7-10, with Indianapolis my go-to cruiser and Missouri my go-to battleship.

Any help would be appreciated. :):honoring:

Robinhood_ #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

You have 26% Survival rate.Which means you are dying way to fast into a match and not doing nearly as much damage as you should be.I would advise disengaging if you are being focused or just being more cautious.Don't yolo into caps without knowing who can hurt you...use terrain and concealment.

Edited by Robinhood_, 18 May 2017 - 10:29 AM.

Teahee #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Hey Nate, your stats are a bit above average, with the average WTR being around 900-1000, and the average win rate being between 48-51%. 

If you want to have my feedback on your performance, and possible ways to improve, please read the spoiler below - but only if you are willing to accept some constructive criticism. 

Spoiler

Edited by Teahee, 18 May 2017 - 10:39 AM.

Join the Arpeggio of Blue Steel [ARP] today! Visit us at: https://discord.gg/sMtnye7

MountainManxDan #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Teahee got it all covered. 

I would add division with better players to learn new things and work on tactics.

Everyone can get better, everyone, even the purple nerds.

Active USN - [NGA] - English/한국어

BBanzai #5 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:43 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Beta Testers

I feel your pain, I seem to have hit a wall in getting better at the game as well, its still a lot of fun, but it can be terribly frustrating. I have found a destroyer at tier 6 I have really been working on getting better in the Ernst Gaede, it seems to fit my playstyle. I am still getting killed way to often though. I seem to keep hanging around in a bad spot not quit realizing when it is time to run. I will keep chipping away at it though. 

Pata1985 #6 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

All what Taehee said, I'll add that try different ship lines and find the ones you feel more comfortable with, play passive-ish untill you get to know your ship well, play as a team and not solo, this game is all about team work, learn when to push and when to retreat, killing enemies and making progress in the game comes by the combination of strategies, not by pushing all the time.

iEaTDaGrudge #7 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

I need to improve more on this gameplay too..ill try it when i get back soon...

DOCTOR_CITADEL #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Teahee hit the nail on the head from the looks of it. 

You seem to have the right attitude if your goal is to improve as a player. Asking questions and applying what you learn are the first steps to success!

A few additional suggestions I would make: 

• Try to get away from the "how can I improve my stats" mentality. Instead, focus on becoming a more effective player; the stats will follow in time. 
  • Definitely spend more time at tiers 7-8. These are the true "learning" tiers imho. Tiers 5-6 are utterly jacked up with current matchmaking and tiers 1-4 are not really going to teach you what you need to know for long-term success. Tier 7, especially, is a good place to spend time in right now to solidify your understanding of the game and its finer points. 
  • Play different lines and different classes to broaden your horizons when you can. Specializing in one class is fine, but experiencing the capabilities of other classes will help you learn how to counter them more effectively.  
  • The most important tips I can give anyone:
    •  Right click and do a quick look around... after every shot. This can feel pretty frantic and crazy when you first try it, but it will drastically improve your situational awareness.
    • Making the map larger has already been mentioned, but also make it a habit to look at the map at least every 30 seconds. More often than that is preferable, but that will get you started. 

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

therealangriff #9 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:41 PM

Seaman

• Members

Stats are not much of a measure of anything.  The entire game is designed around making the games mediocre and stats to even out at 50%.   Matches are not well put together enough based on your skill level so random stats are pretty much that RANDOM and a measure of nothing .

even524 #10 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:16 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I will not repeat comments made by other players. They are all great. Here is my analysis:

You are a brawler in sniper BB (Iowa/Missouri). Your stats are much higher in brawler ships: Tirpitz, Bismarck, even Yamato (it has good secondary and can do reasonably well in brawling). You almost never press 'S' key. At beginning bell you go full speed and support your ship wholeheartly. You have high ramming record (killed 50 ships), secondary kills (88) and close quarter combat medal. You have 254 first blood medals. You almost never play torpedo DD (7 battles in Fujin) hence you are unfamiliar how they attack you so DD torpedo is your worst nightmare.

On top of everyone's suggestion, there are two more ways:

THE DIFFICULT WAY: How much are you willing to change about your self? You are the 'play for fun' type guy. It's a game so why so serious? Are you willing to perform boring exercise? Are you willing to go to training room and analyze the weak spot of the ships? Which one is more important - having a good time or having high win rate? If you are very serious about win rate and you are willing to spend some painful hours on it, and you are willing to step out the comfort zone and learn different play style. My recommendation is: PLAY FUJIN, or better yet, play IJN torpedo line up to T10.

You need to learn the torpedo boat to do better in your Iowa/Missouri. There are only 2-3 Missouri radar use cases in every battle and you rely on it yet often missed it (your Missouri WR% is lower than Iowa WR%). DD generally would not get close to Bismarck but they see Iowa just like bees see honey. Fujin/IJN torpedo boats go completely against your playing style so it will not be a smooth grind, but you will learn a lot and your past BB experience helps you - You probably would do above average.

THE EASY WAY: Play German BB. Hey you are made for that line and you are already doing very well in Bismarck and Tirpitz.

HIGHEST: Yamato, Montana, Des Moines, Zao, Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Bismarck, Leander PREMIUM: Kutuzov, Atago, Lo Yang, Belfast, Blyskawika, Sims, Atlanta, Arizona, Anshan, Gremyashchy, Murmansk, Fujin, Imperator Nikolai I, Arkansas Beta, Yubari, Konig Albert

even524 signature

WolfmanJack99 #11 Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:14 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTeahee, on 18 May 2017 - 04:35 AM, said:

watching YouTubers such as Aerroon and Flamu are quite helpful for high tier gameplay

Yes, watch some YouTubers! Notser is also a good one to watch. I have learned a lot from watching them and you can easily find videos specific to the ship you're looking for.

I'd say the best advise for any ship you're in is to have good situational awareness. Don't get tunnel vision by focusing on one ship just to get snuck up on by a DD coming around an island or broadsided by another BB.  Know where you are in relation to enemies and friendlies alike. Always stick close to your support vessels so you can focus down targets together. Mostly, don't put yourself in a position where you are the only ship the enemy can shoot at or you will be focused down quickly.

Good luck and fair seas!

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
-Sun Tzu

light.png

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1003540199/light.png

Teahee #12 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostWolfmanJack99, on 24 May 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

Yes, watch some YouTubers! Notser is also a good one to watch. I have learned a lot from watching them and you can easily find videos specific to the ship you're looking for.

I'd say the best advise for any ship you're in is to have good situational awareness. Don't get tunnel vision by focusing on one ship just to get snuck up on by a DD coming around an island or broadsided by another BB.  Know where you are in relation to enemies and friendlies alike. Always stick close to your support vessels so you can focus down targets together. Mostly, don't put yourself in a position where you are the only ship the enemy can shoot at or you will be focused down quickly.

Good luck and fair seas!

I would advise against Notser. A few months ago I would have agreed with your suggestion, but his recent videos (in particular his IFHE series) have been very misleading. It is perfectly fine for him to showcase "experimental" builds, but he frames his personal opinion as fact, when it is not. More importantly, his opinion is blatantly wrong in many cases. For things such as IFHE, you cannot claim it is viable based upon the abstract "I feel it is better" - especially when the hard facts and maths say that it is not helpful at all. These misleading claims are particularly damaging to newer or inexperienced players, who may take his opinion as truth (since he often words it that way). 

Join the Arpeggio of Blue Steel [ARP] today! Visit us at: https://discord.gg/sMtnye7

IcyThor #13 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Tunnel vision is my biggest problem.  I get focused on one ship and keep pounding it for the kill.  While doing that a DD or CL torpedoes me.  Or 3-4 enemy ships come into range and I am sunk before I know it.  I am trying to break that bad habit but its like smoking.  lol

This is my first MMO game and its been a steep learning curve.  I am here for fun but also want to improve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users