IFHE and Henri IV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

garfield001 #1 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Back before the French cruisers actually came out, there were previews of Henri IV and how people said the HE shells would shatter often and IFHE helps.

Has anyone actually tested it on Henri IV? I usually transfer my commander from ships to ships and I was wondering if I should get it, even if it's useless on ships with 203s before her. Or maybe it only has marginal use even on her big guns and I'd be better off with another skill?

What is/is going to be your Henri IV build?

Rolkatsuki #2 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

that would give IFHE shells on it's 240mm guns a pen of 52mm 

*looks at the Khab* 

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

Zim_Xero #3 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postgarfield001, on 17 May 2017 - 11:45 PM, said:

Back before the French cruisers actually came out, there were previews of Henri IV and how people said the HE shells would shatter often and IFHE helps.

Has anyone actually tested it on Henri IV? I usually transfer my commander from ships to ships and I was wondering if I should get it, even if it's useless on ships with 203s before her. Or maybe it only has marginal use even on her big guns and I'd be better off with another skill?

What is/is going to be your Henri IV build?

I have not tested, but my numeric data is telling me its an improvement for the Henri .... just not as much of an improvement as for 150-175 mm calibur ships.  203 falls in the OP range but 213mm is a little sub-par.  That said.... i plan to run IFHE up the line.  Currently I'm at the Algiere.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

Spyde #4 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

Ive heard mixed reviews, 4 points is alot for only gaining a buff vs a small number of ships.

Yamato - T9 and T10 German BB's.   I think are the main things you gain the most on.

I would have to go through the armor models again to get a full list.

[-K-] Kraken                                          

T10  CA/CL Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Henri IV DD Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, Z52 BB Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   

Vaporisor #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Ensign

• Members

In my testing and trial of it on past round of test for bismark, IFHE seemed a waste.  In my 15 build, I chose concealment over IFHE for my four, then last five, superintendent and a two I cannot remember.

Majority of HEs penned on BB thanks to nice ballistics.  Sub below 100k was an odd play.  The concealment with conceal module was pretty reasonable for getting good position.  The ballistics and fire chance means can burn multiple ships in cases of yamato and other heavy armors.  Burn, next, burn.  Get a few ships on fire at same time.

Edited by Vaporisor, 19 May 2017 - 06:26 PM.

Praetector #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm using IFHE on Henri, never tried without it, but all I can say is that the damage you deal feels great and I don't see myself using another skill as IFHE. Even without IFHE you can cook the enemies pretty well.
This is currently my build http://shipcomrade.c...000100010000019, I'm still wondering what I should take later.

Vaporisor #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPraetector, on 19 May 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

I'm using IFHE on Henri, never tried without it, but all I can say is that the damage you deal feels great and I don't see myself using another skill as IFHE. Even without IFHE you can cook the enemies pretty well.
This is currently my build http://shipcomrade.c...000100010000019, I'm still wondering what I should take later.

I found there is a lot of value with the concealment combined with the speed.  Fast repositioning and cover, especially combined with the engine accel upgrade and the engine boost consumable upgrade module.  Really can control and threaten.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users