Yellow Amber Red Stats

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

not_acceptable #1 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

this thread is written for players with the following, and WG personnel that may stumble upon it:

1) over 1000 Random battles, over 2000 preferred. 

2) NO higher than 49.99 % overall Victory/Defeat rate, under 48.00 % preferred.

3) AT LEAST one ruby red stat category in your summary/signature, preferably your overall win rate

4) AT LEAST one Tier 10 ship in port, that you actively play, that you did the grind to get.

5) Maximum 900 WTR, under 800 preferred.

6) public profile, and using WT stats as your signature.

for those of us that meet this criteria, I have a few questions for you! they are not intended as loaded questions, nor intended to encourage you to quit. you can answer any you like, or suggest your own, if you think it applies. have fun! am requesting you NOT turn this into a thread to complain. keep it positive, please.

1) what got you into the game?

2) what is keeping you in the game?

3) what is the one thing you would like to see changed? (one of the reasons i'm asking experienced players to comment here is hoping it will eliminate suggestions to nerf DDs, torps, or CVs further, or add Subs to the game... I think we've all seen the effects of those suggestions)

TROLLERS: please do not respond. thank you.

players with good, great, unicum, super-unicum stats (overall win rate and WTR) please do not respond, the game is obviously not working for you the same way it does (or isn't working) for those of us with lower overall stats. this thread is an effort to get players that often do not participate nor post in the forum encouragement to do so. thinking it might be a good thing for some WG people to be aware of, if it works.

thank you.

dark.png

​currently residing in hell's basement, and loving it.

Kombat_W0MBAT #2 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

Commander

• Members

For what it's worth, a lot of unicums had red stats at one point. 

EDIT: I know I'm not "allowed" to respond, but it's meant as an encouragement. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT, 17 May 2017 - 10:11 PM.

Robinhood_ #3 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I feel WG needs more to give guidances to player other than basics. Players that can react,assess and understand the dynamics of the game as it's happening tend to be better players. When you should push?when you should retreat? who you should focus? when to fight? when to run? Assessing the match after you have finished and understanding what you did wrong and what you did right by getting someone better than you to point it out is and fast and efficient way of improving. 

Edited by Robinhood_, 17 May 2017 - 10:34 PM.

not_acceptable #4 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

• Members

1) I started playing because I wanted to play the Bismarck, even though it was not available when I started playing.

2) keeping me in the game: Ernest V Evans, capt of the Samuel Roberts, is one of my naval heroes. grinding my way to the Fletcher. the Yamato, too. was interested in the Iowa class, but that's on the back burner. Zao is my next grinder goal, and I love close, evenly matched, hard fought battles a lot.

3) I would love to see WG include some form of player skill or player rating to MM. trolls, again, just don't post. thank you.

dark.png

not_acceptable #5 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

• Members

View PostKombat_W0MBAT, on 17 May 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

For what it's worth, a lot of unicums had red stats at one point. 

EDIT: I know I'm not "allowed" to respond, but it's meant as an encouragement. 

​your comment is encouragement for me, I didn't know that. did you have red stats at one point??

dark.png

not_acceptable #6 Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

• Members

View PostRobinhood_, on 17 May 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

I feel WG needs more to give guidances to player other than basics. Players that can react,assess and understand the dynamics of the game as it's happening tend to be better players. When you should push?when you should retreat? who you should focus? when to fight? when to run? Assessing the match after you have finished and understanding what you did wrong and what you did right by getting someone better than you to point it out is and fast and efficient way of improving. 

​actually, that seems to be some great observations!!! I like to think i'm improving, but obviously don't have a clue when to push, and am usually killed before I have time to complete a retreat.

have often thought it would be great to work with a mentor, or somebody willing to take a look at a replay, and point out useful stuff after they get done laughing (hoping they will :o)

dark.png

MountainManxDan #7 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

• Members

View Postnot_acceptable, on 17 May 2017 - 12:47 PM, said:

​your comment is encouragement for me, I didn't know that. did you have red stats at one point??

I was at 47% WR and terrible WTR at 1400 games.  I found some really good players who are now mostly in the clan Night Owls and they shared a lot of helpful information with me.  Then I just started to Div with anyone I could to try and learn new stuff and 4000 games later I feel I have a pretty good understanding finally.

Edited by MountainManxDan, 17 May 2017 - 11:38 PM.

Active USN - [NGA] - English/한국어

HMCS_Devilfish #8 Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Have 4000 games mostly Random mostly in Cruisers from 1-X ,some of the ships I play have under 49.999% and some over that my overall %, I do not know nor do I care

What got me into this game

started with a TV add, love the team play and competitions, the challenge of playing different ships 

Fun stuff

What keeps me here

its still fun ,I used to care a lot about win loose , now I give it its 2 second due at end of the game and ... mwah, move on

what I do care about is how I did in game, damage done , ships sunk, were I made a good move or  made a mistake, im all about team play and winning for that specific game , thats why I play

Changes I like to see

more variety in games, shore bombardment, buildings blown up , on fire,not just knocking out land base guns that just stop working when hit enough although that map is very rare these days ....rather than , cap A,B,C or D over and over again just add or subtract some Islands on a different map , interspersed with  capturing each others caps once in a while or the ring caps which I kinda like 

Kitsunelegend #9 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postnot_acceptable, on 17 May 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

3) I would love to see WG include some form of player skill or player rating to MM. trolls, again, just don't post. thank you.

Thats called "SIMM" or "skill influenced match making".

Armored Warfare tried that once. The players had even asked for something like that.

The players ended up despising SIMM, and it was eventually completely removed from the game, and became a very sore spot within what was left of the community.

Please, for the love of everything holy, do NOT bring that shite to WoWS. It will not work the way you think it will work.

Edited by Kitsunelegend, 18 May 2017 - 01:16 AM.

I is potato incarnate. I taste good with bacon. Fear my potato-yness! >=D

Bacon and coffee pleases teh kitsune -w- 

<a data-cke-saved-href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t3oH4sk.png</a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...t3oH4sk.png</a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...4sk.png</a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t...png</a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'><a href='http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://i.imgur.com/t.../a></a></a></a></a>

[Battleships:] Mikasa, South Carolina, Ishizuchi, Arkansas BetaImperator Nikolai I, TexasWarspite, Arizona, Dunkerque, New Mexico, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, North Carolina, Alabama, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Iowa [Cruisers:] Erie, Albany, Emden, Aurora, Oleg, St Louis, KatoriYubari, Konigsburg, Marblehead, Omaha, Murmansk, ClevelandMolotov, Perth, Duca D'Aosta, Atlanta, Atago, Indianapolis, Prinz Eugen, Mikhail Kutuzov [Carriers:] Saipan [Destroyers:] Tachibana, SmithWickes, Clemson, Isokaze, Lo YangCampbeltownBlyskawicaSimsAnshan

Arpeggio ships: ARP Kongou, ARP Kirishima, ARP Hiei, ARP Ashigara, ARP Nachi, ARP Takao

MrDeaf #10 Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

Admiral

• Members

yeah, skill based matchmaking doesn't really fix the problem of steamrolls.

I have played other games with that.

It typically becomes a division vs. division + the others

The team that wins is more the result of how well a div can exploit "the others" as a meat shield

Subscribe to this Thread or Youtube for the latest videos.

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

twitch133 #11 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

I was at ~48% for about 1200 games.

My drive is learning and improvement. If I had not been able to do that... There is no way I would still be playing 1800 battles later. (There is a reason I don't play overwatch. I can't seem to learn it. It is a fun game, but I am not going to play if I can't do well.)

Like Wombat, I know I am not technically allowed to post. But, I was there. And I figured I would share what kept me going.

Intel 4790K : ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 : EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 : 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw X : Samsung 850 Evo : Asus PG279Q G-Sync

Adrenaline Rush has finally allowed me to become Obi-Wan. "If you strike me down. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

"I fear nothing. All is as RNG wills it"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users