0.6.5 - The Hunt for Bismarck Campaign and Collections Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Wingslinger #61 Posted Today, 05:38 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Posttimmyg1004, on 21 May 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

Can we please stop giving the average joe player high tier ships for free and lowering the skill base at high tier play? i mean come on i have looked at almost every single bismark players stats over this weekend and on average 75% of them do not have a tier 8 ship,do not play battleships,and are not ready for high tier play. you are watering down the player bases skill cap and potential by doing missions like these. iam talking players who average 22k a game in the bismark.please rethink any future missions of this type and consider all aspects before doing so next time!

I have no problem with this.  I have a problem with grouchy, nosy stat-chasers.

Wolcott #62 Posted Today, 05:58 AM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View PostTaylor3006, on 22 May 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Wocott that is what I am doing, sticking with my tried and true ships, Murmansk, Marblehead, and Cleveland. Used to Bogue a few times for missions where I needed to damage a certain nation of ships. IMHO it makes it easy to fly around and look for the German ships to torp. The only downside is of course running into tier 7 ships, it makes for a miserable game. I appreciate your advice, am doing exactly what you suggest. Thanks!

Believe me I don't like to ruin the fun of others but WG making this PvP only leaves me with no choice. I want to get this over and done with quickly. If/when I get Bismarck, my Marblehead will tow her back to co-op. I'll take a long break first though before trying her out otherwise I might burst a blood vessel. :)

View PostWingslinger, on 22 May 2017 - 05:19 AM, said:

Happy to see a bit of candor on here about Campaigns, Missions and Tasks.  Finished the Science of Victory Campaign with Honors, but got hung up on Mission 4 of 5 in the Honorable Service Campaign.  The aggravating thing is that so many of the tasks are things I have already achieved, just not when I have them specifically selected as one of the three active tasks.  So, thanks to Murphy's Law and/or second-guessing myself, I continue to choke on the last three tasks in Mission 4:  Earn three Fireproofs; Win, survive AND earn top XP in THREE battles; and destroy 35 enemy aircraft in one battle from a BB or CA.  And, since it's the Honorable Service Campaign, these have to be accomplished with a T8+ ship.  "Trying" to earn a Fireproof means deliberately letting yourself burn, which just goes against the grain for me.  Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts, advice, suggestions, etc.  Thanks, folks!

Remember that you're doing the Honorable Service campaign for the Shinonome reward, forget everything else. Fireproof is very situational and I wouldn't count on it. Keep repeating the tasks that are doable for you.

Gangut

Taylor3006 #63 Posted Today, 06:30 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWingslinger, on 21 May 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Happy to see a bit of candor on here about Campaigns, Missions and Tasks.  Finished the Science of Victory Campaign with Honors, but got hung up on Mission 4 of 5 in the Honorable Service Campaign.  The aggravating thing is that so many of the tasks are things I have already achieved, just not when I have them specifically selected as one of the three active tasks.  So, thanks to Murphy's Law and/or second-guessing myself, I continue to choke on the last three tasks in Mission 4:  Earn three Fireproofs; Win, survive AND earn top XP in THREE battles; and destroy 35 enemy aircraft in one battle from a BB or CA.  And, since it's the Honorable Service Campaign, these have to be accomplished with a T8+ ship.  "Trying" to earn a Fireproof means deliberately letting yourself burn, which just goes against the grain for me.  Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts, advice, suggestions, etc.  Thanks, folks!

Wing you may already know this, but gonna sling it yer way. Finish the campaign using the easiest missions and then go back and do the hard ones. I did this with Science of Victory, got it done and then would select different missions as kind of an bonus while playing PvP. I have not quite gotten them all done yet, lots of campaigns and missions have taken priority but it is nice to get them done at my leisure. You should still get the "honors" achievement added once you finish them up. 

BossmanSlim #64 Posted Today, 02:24 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

• Honorable Service requires the use of T8+ ships for some tasks which are not easy to complete and rewards a T6 premium ship
  • Hunt the Graf Spee requires the use of T5+ ships for some moderately difficult tasks and rewards a T6 premium ship
  • Santa's Christmas Convoy requires the use of T5+ ships and the Graf Spee specifically for some tasks and rewards several T6 line ships
  • Hunt the Bismarck requires the use of T5+ ships for some fairly easy tasks and rewards a T8 line ship

In one case, you have to play much higher level ships to get a T6 premium.  In other cases, you have to play at least a T5 ship to get T6 ships, so +1 tier.  With hunt the Bismarck, you can play ships that will never see the same meta as the reward ship.   I find this concerning and don't think it is a good direction for future campaigns.  It also gives me very little incentive to grind other ships lines when a campaign could come out in the future to let me skip a bunch of the junk ships at low and mid tiers. 

Can we get campaigns for french cruisers and german DDs so I can skip the T4-T7 garbage ships and start at T8?

"wont pay crapanymore to wg.lot of orange is bad for business.stop giving win to the one you favor.potato need win to.otherwise no more potato in game" - fellow forum poster

Bill_Halsey #65 Posted Today, 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Started the campaign Thursday night and finished it at midnight Saturday. I decided to buy the premium bundle.

Pros:

1. The flags are great!. And if you want to place 2 or more of them even better.

2. Permanent camos for Hood and Bismark.

3. I got all the badges by Mission 4.

4. Two british 12 point CO's. Very nice!

Con:

I know this has probably been said many times. Hood is a mehboat for the price. The main sticking point is the 7% reduction in penetration values vs. the Warspite's  and exchanging that for gimmicky  AA that any savvy CV driver will use torps rather than dive bombers in attacking Hood. She would had been fine as is in T6. She'll only break 100k in damage in a T5/T6 match and will struggle @ T7/T9 matches. I would appreciate in future patches to consider either buffing the penetration values and/or loading times and getting rid of the gimmicky AA for balance. You can even shave off the HP pool for better alpha strike values.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users