Jump to content


0.6.5 - The Hunt for Bismarck Campaign and Collections Feedback Thread


  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

NikoPower #1 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Community Corgi Enthusiast

  • Administrator

  • 2,557
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Have you been pushing your way through the Hunt for Bismarck Campaign? How is it going? Let us know in the feedback below. 

 

 

Refresher

Spoiler

 


- Created by Jorge_555

 

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

 


BJCleage #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:07 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 17
  • Member since:
    02-11-2017

View PostNikoPower, on 17 May 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Have you been pushing your way through the Hunt for Bismarck Campaign? How is it going? Let us know in the feedback below. 

 

 

Refresher

Spoiler

 

Mission-1 last task8 What does this mean(Complete this task in Random Battle with HMS Hood) ??? telling me we have to buy the Hood to complete Mission 1 ????



El_Judarino #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Testers

  • 1,687
  • Member since:
    04-10-2015

View PostBJCleage, on 18 May 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Mission-1 last task8 What does this mean(Complete this task in Random Battle with HMS Hood) ??? telling me we have to buy the Hood to complete Mission 1 ????

Yes, it means people who buy Hood can collect stars at a rapid rate to move through the missions faster. Each mission has a task 8 specific to the Hood. You do not need to complete all tasks to advance missions, just collect enough stars ( you can even do this by repeatedly completing task 1 for example).



BJCleage #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:07 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 17
  • Member since:
    02-11-2017

OK Think I got it now, Thank You

 



Wingslinger #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 127
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

In Test, I opened over a dozen of the unit emblem sub-boxes before I got my first duplicate, which is statistically reasonable.  Today, however, my first four emblems were all HMS Sikh.  Now we're talking lottery-type odds.  Unless this was some sort of WG joke.  The odds of your first two emblems being the same are one in 24, or a bit over four percent.  So, entirely possible, but still over 95 percent unlikely.  The odds of getting four-in-a-row of the same thing, in a field of 24 different possibilities, is one in over 110 Billion.  So, I either just hit the lottery jackpot several hundred times in a row, or there's a programming issue.  Of course, there's an issue right from the start, since there should never be a single duplicate.  The game knows exactly which emblems I've already received, and it knows when it's given me a duplicate, because it notifies me immediately.  I know WG's programmers are clever enough to prevent this sort of duplication, given the level of minutia we see during gameplay.  So this begs the question, "Why?"  WG then tries to placate us by letting us trade in duplicates to get emblems we still need.  But, at the rate of four duplicates to one new emblem.  What?  This duplication problem is WG's glitch in the first place and shouldn't even exist.  But if it's too difficult to fix, at least allow a one-for-one swap.  Further, why have there been programming efforts to arrange for this four-for-one swap instead of simply programming for no duplication?  Obviously, this is not just an accident; it's a problem with ethics.


Edited by Wingslinger, 19 May 2017 - 01:45 AM.


vgphanto #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:08 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 26
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Was just wondering....wasn't the HMS Hood a HEAVY Crusier? She wasn't a battleship was she?! If that is TRUE...then why not stay at least a little bit true to life......?

I just hit one in the game and hit her like a LOT....almost 80 times in a heavy crusier Russian Kutuzov and she sailed right through it. Doesn't seem like she should have been able to withstand that kind of bombardment with out sinking to me!


 



toprad #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 4
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Postvgphanto, on 19 May 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

Was just wondering....wasn't the HMS Hood a HEAVY Crusier? She wasn't a battleship was she?! If that is TRUE...then why not stay at least a little bit true to life......?

I just hit one in the game and hit her like a LOT....almost 80 times in a heavy crusier Russian Kutuzov and she sailed right through it. Doesn't seem like she should have been able to withstand that kind of bombardment with out sinking to me!


 

 

The Hood was a result of the British experience at the Battle of Jutland where they lost 3 of their 9 battle-cruisers, most of them catastrophically and with a great loss of life.  The Hood was designed to be superior to those early battle-cruisers in armor protection and also be superior to the German battleships in speed and firepower.  What they ended up with was a 30+ knot battleship with inferior armor, but was intended to use her speed, maneuverability, and superior firepower to defeat her enemies.  At the time she was built she was the largest warship in the world, and held that title for 20 years.  I'm paraphrasing "The Mighty Jingles" who has a video about the Hood on YouTube.  I'd check it out and it will probably enlighten you quite a bit about the Hood's abilities and weaknesses.

DrDoo1962 #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Disappointed! I am a PVE player, and every battle in the first campaign is random battle, not a single co-op mission. Would be nice to be able to participate.

Taylor3006 #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:12 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,126
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostDrDoo1962, on 19 May 2017 - 04:50 AM, said:

Disappointed! I am a PVE player, and every battle in the first campaign is random battle, not a single co-op mission. Would be nice to be able to participate.

 

Well technically you can, just have to buy the special crates in the premium store...... I understand, I play mostly PvE and find PvP boring and repetitive. Started playing Random to complete the "Honors Campaign" after finishing the "Science of Victory" one. What helps me is to focus on what missions you need to accomplish and ignore everything else. If you need to sink a German ship, ignore everyone else and just go for them. If you need citadels, spam AP at cruisers or better yet, carriers. It is a terrible way to have to play but the only thing that makes entering PvP worthwhile is completing the missions. I don't worry about winning the match, well unless it is a requirement of the mission, and none too worried about stats. Wargaming has made it clear they prefer players in PvP not Co-op although that may be changing with some new PvE modes/campaigns coming down the pipes.

mesmergoat #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 35
  • Member since:
    09-13-2016
Fantastic. Love it. So much fun. Finally got the Hood after wanting it since I started playing. Collections with their historical tidbits are great. Great job, WG. Keep it coming (as I know you will)!

lewellenfawr #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 105
  • Member since:
    02-10-2013

View PostDrDoo1962, on 19 May 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Disappointed! I am a PVE player, and every battle in the first campaign is random battle, not a single co-op mission. Would be nice to be able to participate.

 

For the past 8 months I have left PvP and now am a PvE player. I really enjoyed the Graf Spee campaign because I could participate (and win). Its a shame wargaming did not leave open the door to PvE players for the Bismark campaign.

RivaDragon #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 19
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

I sympathize with the PVE players.  I do play more PVP, simply because of the reward structure.  I am impatient and want the Henri IV for example.  The fastest way to get there is PVP because you earn SO MUCH MORE experience.  If the experience gain were the same I would probably never play PVP.  I just find PVE to be more... well, fun :)  I like the camaraderie with the team and I know Im not making someone else miserable when I score great hits.

 

I think it would be nice if the PVE players could participate in the Hunt for the Bismark.


Edited by RivaDragon, 19 May 2017 - 07:54 PM.


jethro11 #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Supertester

  • 678
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Finished the collection.  Got two camo's.  One shows up in camo for the Bismark, the under the sea one only shows up in the depot.  Not as a camouflage for the ship.  So I can't equip it.  

 

No work around that I have found yet.


 

 

 


Bill_Halsey #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 594
  • Member since:
    01-01-2016
I finished all of Task 1 in an afternoon. I will admit using the Hood makes it more easier. The one mission of using a CA to spot enemy ships. An incentive to go YOLO and get killed quickly. Eh.

Taylor3006 #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,126
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostRivaDragon, on 19 May 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

I sympathize with the PVE players.  I do play more PVP, simply because of the reward structure.  I am impatient and want the Henri IV for example.  The fastest way to get there is PVP because you earn SO MUCH MORE experience.  If the experience gain were the same I would probably never play PVP.  I just find PVE to be more... well, fun :)  I like the camaraderie with the team and I know Im not making someone else miserable when I score great hits.

 

I think it would be nice if the PVE players could participate in the Hunt for the Bismark.

 

I do the same to help grind captains and ship lines. I think one thing that helps the PvE players is the smaller human element in game. With only a max of 8 humans, it is more comfortable. In a normal PvP game you have 24 people total and it can be just one noisy mess. The arcade nature/feel of Co-op makes it more fun, less stressful and that pretty much is the whole point of a freaking video game in the first place, fun. It is a shame that PvE players were left out of this event. 

Edited by Taylor3006, 19 May 2017 - 10:31 PM.


RECON_RANGER #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 174
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostTaylor3006, on 19 May 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

 

Well technically you can, just have to buy the special crates in the premium store...... I understand, I play mostly PvE and find PvP boring and repetitive. Started playing Random to complete the "Honors Campaign" after finishing the "Science of Victory" one. What helps me is to focus on what missions you need to accomplish and ignore everything else. If you need to sink a German ship, ignore everyone else and just go for them. If you need citadels, spam AP at cruisers or better yet, carriers. It is a terrible way to have to play but the only thing that makes entering PvP worthwhile is completing the missions. I don't worry about winning the match, well unless it is a requirement of the mission, and none too worried about stats. Wargaming has made it clear they prefer players in PvP not Co-op although that may be changing with some new PvE modes/campaigns coming down the pipes.

 

A-men

 

I believe more than 25% of the players each night are in COOP so WG better start worrying about the PVE players because without COOP this game is DEAD. 


Edited by RECON_RANGER, 19 May 2017 - 10:46 PM.

dark.png

Admiral_Cirno #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 10
  • Member since:
    04-08-2017
Well, I'm living on coffee and No-Doze.  I stopped showering and I'm wearing a diaper.  I'm gonna win Bismark or die trying.

RECON_RANGER #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:37 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 174
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View Postjethro11, on 19 May 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Finished the collection.  Got two camo's.  One shows up in camo for the Bismark, the under the sea one only shows up in the depot.  Not as a camouflage for the ship.  So I can't equip it.  

 

No work around that I have found yet.

 

Did you get anything good in the containers or all crappy medals?
dark.png

RECON_RANGER #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 174
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostRivaDragon, on 19 May 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I sympathize with the PVE players.  I do play more PVP, simply because of the reward structure.  I am impatient and want the Henri IV for example.  The fastest way to get there is PVP because you earn SO MUCH MORE experience.  If the experience gain were the same I would probably never play PVP.  I just find PVE to be more... well, fun :)  I like the camaraderie with the team and I know Im not making someone else miserable when I score great hits.

 

I think it would be nice if the PVE players could participate in the Hunt for the Bismark.

 

Yea, I play PVE almost exclusively. 

 

I did play PVP for the Graf Spee campaign mostly for the free tier 6 ships which was AWESOME, but then WG really screwed me and even though I unlocked the CAMO for the Tirpitz I could not get it if I did not OWN the Tirpitz which was just WRONG.  If I was able to STORE the CAMO in my port I may have bought the ship, but now?  NEVER.

 

Do you get good loot in the containers? 

 

The medals and big rewards are all useless for me.  I sold the Bismark because the PAY-TO-WIN TIrpitz is now better once WG buffed the secondaries because it also has Torps.    


Edited by RECON_RANGER, 19 May 2017 - 10:45 PM.

dark.png

RECON_RANGER #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 174
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

 

I just had a 5 kill Kraken in the Tenryu in COOP.  We were down 5 against 2, but I pulled it out.  I have 75 games in the Tenryu, no losses, and a 14.46 kill to death ratio.  I have at least a dozen Krakens which are hard to get when you only have 8 ships.  I have a 6 kill game in the Katori which means I killed 6 of the 8 enemy ships.  I was 1 against 5 and pulled it out.  My kill to death in the Katori is 23, lol. 

 

WG needs to start implementing medals in COOP, but different ones specifically for COOP and have more campaigns in COOP.  Just make them harder.  I am OK with that if the mission are harder in COOP than in PVP.   


Edited by RECON_RANGER, 19 May 2017 - 11:17 PM.

dark.png




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users