Best time to play?

Time

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

driedjello #1 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Seaman

• Members

What is the best time of day in North America to play to avoid the potato brigade?  I usually wait until Kid and wife are asleep, around midnight central time, but it seems the quality of players drop to near non-sentient.  I'm not a great player, been working my way up to about 1300 average rating lately according to warships.today, but my teams have been stacked with what I could only guess, ~300 players.  We all know how frustrating it is when half your team dies in the first three minutes before the enemy team even gets their camo scratched.  TIA

Attached Files

• Attached File   WorldOfWarships 2017-05-17 00-54-36-56.jpg   96.93K

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #2 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

There are 4 hour windows of time on weekdays when kids are in school that team quality rises considerably I have found which is helpful if you can play well, but can also hurt you if you do not play well because as I said they tend to be smarter so it's a double edged sword.

Patton3rdarmy13 #3 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:25 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Most of my wins come 10am-2pm so for me I like to play than but have no idea why that is peak time for me.

Edited by Patton3rdarmy13, 17 May 2017 - 06:25 AM.

driedjello #4 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 17 May 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

There are 4 hour windows of time on weekdays when kids are in school that team quality rises considerably I have found which is helpful if you can play well, but can also hurt you if you do not play well because as I said they tend to be smarter so it's a double edged sword.

I might have to come home for lunch and play then.  I do MUUUCH better when teams are balanced...

Patton3rdarmy13 #5 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 17 May 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

thanks for giving me a reason to understand why 10am to 2 pm is best time

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #6 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostPatton3rdarmy13, on 17 May 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Most of my wins come 10am-2pm so for me I like to play than but have no idea why that is peak time for me.

That is the window of good teams I mentioned where teamwork and skill level greatly increase and rewards good play or severely punishes you for bad play.

HazeGrayUnderway #7 Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

There is no "best time to play."  Good and bad players, teams can be found any time.  I play quite a bit across different hours.  You can find yourself on good, bad situations at any time.

Do you want to play when the good players are on even if that were possible to specifically pick out?  You sure about that?  Even if that means you're on the team opposite the one stacked with good players?  Or are you expecting to pick out magical hours so that you want to be on the team that can carry you?

The only thing you can do is worry about you, or if part of a division, your division mates.  Carry out your part of the effort and hope others can pull their weight.  Even then if you pull more than your fair share, you can still lose.

Ace_04 #8 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

The potatoes are always out there.

It's just more of the luck whether they end up on your team or not.

[-K-] Kraken

"In war, there are no atheists.  Both sides are asking God for help" - Cmdr. Terry Goddard

mmfullen #9 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I play solo around lunch time to 3-4pm. It's not bad, but there are still some less than stellar players online. (Myself included lol)

When I play later at night...solo play can be very frustrating. 

[-K-] Kraken

HazeGrayUnderway #10 Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

The best thing you can do as I said before is holding up your end of the work load in the match when playing solo, and hope others do the same.  The next better thing after that is be part of a decent Division.  Decent, good players in a division are great multipliers since they tend to work in conjunction.  In typical Solo play Randoms, that doesn't happen.  It is reassuring to have someone you know for a fact that will try to help you out, and you got their back in return.  It is good to have ships that compliment the others, i.e. Divisions such as:

Gearing + Des Moines x2

IJN / USN DD + Kutuzov x2

IJN / USN DD x2 (scouting, smoking for the team)

Flint + Atlanta x2

IJN / USN DD + NOLA + Kutuzov

Shiratsuyu + Belfast + Nagato

There are lots of complimentary Division Ship Compositions.  The other thing that works great for divisions is the tendency to use Chat, whether ingame or using an external resource, divisions communicating is excellent to get some sort of coordination.  Rotating smoke use, quickly pointing targets for focus fire and knowing division mates will shoot at it (randoms tend not to, they are on their own program).  Coordinate smoke drop to cover a Cruiser division mate to sneak in and use his Radar on a group of smoked out enemy ships.  All kinds of possibilities.  Hard to get that coordination in Solo play  Randoms because everyone is doing they want to do, farm damage, and not necessarily win.

TLDR:  If Solo, take care of your part of the team work load.  Even better, be part of a Division with some buddies, especially those that are decent.  Coordinated Divisions increase your chance of success.

It's unfortunate there is no built in Division & Team Chat utility in WOWS and I guess most would not want that due to player toxicity.  This is a very sad state compared to even FPS games like Battlefield 2, 2142 where there was built in Team and Squad Chat and a simple key hit let a player toggle between the two.  It was immensely useful and players used it for what it truly was good for:  Passing good information to Squad and the Team, telling ingame where help is needed, coordinating Team / Squad efforts.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway, 17 May 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Also tagged with Time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users