HMCS Haida, your thoughts

haida interest guaging historical ships

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

khan1670 #101 Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:22 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Would love to see the Haida as well!!

As others have mentioned she's sistered to the Blyskawica now.  

Could do some events or missions including both ships...

USN : Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Sims, Fletcher, Gearing , Phoenix, Marblehead, Cleveland, Pensacola, Indianapolis,  Atlanta, Baltimore, Des Moines, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Alabama, North Carolina, Iowa, Missouri,  Montana

KMS : Emden, Konigsberg, Graf Spee, Nurnberg, Prinz Eugen, Roon, Hindenburg, Konig Albert , Bayern, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Friederich der Grobe, Grober Kurfurst  

VMF : Podvoisky, Gremyashchy, Gnevny, Minsk, Ognevoi,  Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi , Grozovoi, Khabarovsk,  Aurora, Murmansk, Budyonny, Molotov, Shchors,  Chapayev, Mikhail Kutozov, Dmitri Donskoi,  Moskva, Imperator Nikolai  

IJN:  Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Shinonome ,Shiratsuyu, Akizuki,  Kagero, Yubari, Furutaka, Myoko, Zao, Atago, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi, Yamato  

RN : Leander, Fiji, Belfast, Edinburgh, Neptune, Minotaur, Warspite, Hood    MN: Charles Martel, Dunkerque  Other: Blyskawica, Anshan, Lo Yang, Duca D'Aosta, Southern Dragon     ARP: ALL of  them

Omega_Weapon #102 Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View Postmofton, on 17 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Please also abolish the 'Commonwealth' nation and relaunch Britain as 'British Empire' allowing captain cross-training between British and Dominion ships. Most of Australia's cruisers served initially under British Captains. Disallowing that cross training while allowing Australian/Canadian overlap is odd at best.

​100% this ^^^.

NavyStore #103 Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:58 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I keep hearing that HMCS Haida should be added to the game. I'm curious how large the general interest in this ship is.

So, if you could please:

• Tell me why you want this ship

>> I'm not Canadian (nearby, live near Seattle) but the Canucks in our Fleet are desperate for a vessel they can call their own. They certainly deserve it, after all the sacrifices they made during the war.

• Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine.

>> I agree that there isn't enough variation to support a seperate Canadian line, but premiums would be nice. Even better idea, make ALL Commonwealth ship commanders the same, so UK, Canadian, Australian and Kiwi COs can be swapped. You could do the same thing with the Pan-Asian ships as well!

• Tier Thoughts?

>> If it doesn't have torpedo reload modules, leave it at T6, otherwise if the guns can turn fast and reload module is in place, T7.

• General thoughts?

>> If you want to talk about Generals, go play WoT... (Okay, seriously though, I'd like to see more nations included, not just US/IJN/RUS.

Bonus question

• Should I have gone with Dove_of_War instead, and gone for the irony?

>> No, everyone knows Pigeons are actually robots from the planet Zenon that have been sent to Earth to prepare us for colonization....

Destroyer_HamakazeKai #104 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I'd like Haida to be put in as i do feel the canadians need some representation in game but..

Personally I'd prefer HMS Cossack... Since there have been a few good chances to put her in and they've been passed by without so much as a mention until today when her badge pops up in the campaign collection... Oh WG! Why do you taunt me so? :unsure:

I am Hamakaze. I participated in many fierce battles. At Leyte, I was in Kongou's ring formation. Futhermore, I seared them into my memory Musashi, Kongou and Shinano's last moments.
At the fated Bounomisaki, I, Yukikaze and many others struggled to protect Yamato.

Battlecruiser_RenownMkI #105 Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I'm American so I may not Have the finest of Edjucatchin but I like the Idea of HMCS Haida being present in the game. 
Also I've never heard of the trainbuster club. I'd love to see that plaque. 
Anyway, I'm all for more premiums and Haida is definitely one that deserves it as a commonwealth tier 7 or 8. 

Otherwise I will simply duplicate the same post from ClopOut above, shes a pretty ship and the Canucks need her or else they may riot!

{Undergoing a refit, thank you for your patience!}

Patron Saint of Shooting the Upper Belt

Member of the Imperator Nikolai Owners Club

LittleWhiteMouse #106 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Captain

• WoWS Community Contributors
  • Members
    Beta Testers

Heil Haida!

Q♥  Most Recent Review: HMS Hood

Vaporisor #107 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:10 PM

Ensign

• Members

Summary to why?

A very highly decorated ship

Long service history

Last and still surviving tribal

Just a beautiful looking ship

xX_Critical_ClopOut69_Xx #108 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:18 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostLittleWhiteMouse, on 19 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Heil Haida!

Hail Haida! Immortal Haida! She shall never be Destroyed!
Lock a forum thread, and two more shall take its place!
We serve none, but the Master!
As the world shall soon serve us! Hail Haida!

Hanz_Gooblemienhoffen_42 #109 Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:51 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Yep just adding another voice to thread...everyone else has said why better than i can...i will say this is one boat i will gladly open the wallet for...make it happen WG and we'll name a hockey arena after you.

:)

Commissar_Carl #110 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I gotta wonder why the question is "why should Haida be added to the game?" as opposed to "Why shouldn't it be added to the game?"

Think of it this way, at some point in the future, there will be a British destroyer line. And that line will or will not have the Tribal Class destroyer in it. If it doesn't, Haida should be added in order to account for that famous class of ship, and also to show up That-Game-which-must-not-be-named. And if the Tribal class is added to that line, then you already have all the assets needed to slap together a premium and cash in!

And not to be too much of a pessimist, but WG has made reskin premiums before to make a quick buck without having to spend a lot of manhours modeling ships, and even though some of these ships may have been of questionable historical significance they were still added because they'd be impossible not to make a profit on. So what's the problem with spending the time to model a historic ship that has a really interesting and extensive combat history? And not even spending that much time when compared to modeling a battleship.

There are loads of reasons to add Haida, most of them listed. The service history, platooning with the Blyskawica, generating awareness for a cool ship for the purpose of preservation, Canada needs a ship for its contribution, ETC. And then there could be gameplay reasons too, I can see Haida fulfilling a unique role at tier 7 (which is where it really needs to be because of the Blyskawica). But mostly the main reason you should add the Haida is because of all the money! It’s a friggen goldmine! All the Canadians would be all over it, all the collectors would be all over it, and play your cards right and make it Competitive ​and everyone else will be all over it too. 

Again, currently, you guys are adding in ships like the Admiral Makarov (which probably won't do so well because it’s a reskin), the Glowworm (which basically no one knew about and no one cares about), and the Kidd, which is a cool destroyer but only has a quarter of the pedigree of the Haida. Which again begs the question of why not add it?

And think of this. Haida could fill out an interesting spot in tier 7 of being just the greatest dedicated destroyer hunter. Give it access to the concealment module like the Belfast, and it could sneak up on other destroyers at its tier and then lay into them, and with 2/3 of its firepower in the front (and the guns being basically the same as Blyskawica) it could be the best in tier for chasing other destroyers down. In fact, an interesting Idea that I've been tossing around for Haida would be for a destroyer that really plays more like a light cruiser. Give it defensive AA, Hydro for dodging torps, and dare I say it, Radar. But no smoke. Make it the best for rushing destroyers and taking care of them (similar to real life) but also requiring a bit of assistance against cruisers and battleships (because it can't smoke and shoot and its torpedo armament is lacking). On its own that would be a unique playstyle, but it would also be able to synergize really well with the Blyskawica. Do something that gives it a unique playstyle and you can get people who aren't collectors or Canadians to consider buying it. 

As a final thought, Haida could be even more lucrative if the Commonwealth nations (Which she would need to be in) were able to train RN Crews. Unless an entire Commonwealth tree of clones is intended, some may be turned off by the idea of getting a ship that has no training value, and making that sort of change would remove that concern.  

In all, Haida needs to be in this game.   

Pigeon_of_War #111 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

To the thread:

You are heard. 

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Commissar_Carl #112 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:20 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 20 May 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

To the thread:

You are heard. 

​I'd like to take all the credit for getting Haida Into the game with my passionate and articulate argument. Canada owes me big time.  

crzyhawk #113 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:26 AM

Admiral

• Members
  • Beta Testers

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 16 May 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

• Tell me why you want this ship

• Tell me if you think it's worth adding to Commonwealth tree, since I personally don't know if a Canadian line is viable at this time but it's fun to imagine

• Tier Thoughts?

• General thoughts?

- My Perth is lonely in the Commonwealth tree.  Besides, Canada deserves their hero ship as much as the USN, IJN, RN, and VMF do.  Haida is a legit combat vet with an impressive record.

- Yes.  A Canadian tree is not viable, but we have Commonwealth.

- 7 sounds about right

- Honestly surprised that it's not already been done.

WackyMan157 #114 Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 19 May 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

To the thread:

You are heard. 

Step 1 on how to increase good PR tenfold

Signature Currently Under Reconstruction

Above Average/Unicum Solo Player That Has Been Turned Down By 24 Clans Because of Age (And Counting)

WanderingGhost #115 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostWackyMan157, on 19 May 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

Step 1 on how to increase good PR tenfold

Step 2: don't make mistakes a 3rd time

Step 3: fix the CV's

no idea what step 4 is

212thAttackBattalion #116 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 20 May 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

To the thread:

You are heard. 

excellent..... another commonwealth ship *prepares money* :D once we get Haida it will be time for the Commonwealth realms to band together to get a Kiwi or another Aussie ship in (HMNZS Royalist & HMAS Australia II anyone lol?)

I really am just your average, every-man World of Warships player. My play style according to Warships today:

• Mostly plays cruisers, especially medium-tier and is very good in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Fiji

InvalidKey #117 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester

So the Haida will be launched with a WG event in Hamilton?  Awesome.  See you there pigeon!

:hiding:

DarthDoge #118 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

Captain

• Members

BECAUSE, CANADIA LAND!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

GrafZeppelinKai #119 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• WoWS Wiki Editor

View Post212thAttackBattalion, on 19 May 2017 - 08:23 PM, said:

excellent..... another commonwealth ship *prepares money* :D once we get Haida it will be time for the Commonwealth realms to band together to get a Kiwi or another Aussie ship in (HMNZS Royalist & HMAS Australia II anyone lol?)

I have high hopes for the Commonwealth line to be flushed out in due time; it will make a great supplementary line to the RN and high light the contributions of famous ships under the empire's flag

"Wiki Editors do the Lord's work"   - Pigeon_of_War, 2017

Noone_You_Know #120 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Don't release it like the Eugen, Spee, or Hood.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users