• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Ericson38 #21 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostCapt_Blowup, on 17 May 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

T5 is fine

T6 makes me worried

T7 - Currently in. I personally hate this ship so much due to the fact its strickly a grind for me. If you dont hide behind an island and dont get spotted then you will have a half way decent match. As soon as your spotted, watch out, a BB can just look at you and gets cit hits like crazy. I went back and looked at the different armor types of the cruisers within my level and realized that the Algerie has one of the biggest citadels i've ever seen. No wonder everytime a volley gets shot at me no matter what range I take a citadel hit. 2 of those and some random splatters from the dd im chasing and its over. 

I am 20k away from T8 and I will sell this ship as soon as I can due to how broken it feels to play. HE doesn't do anything past 2-3k per volley and AP against other cruisers/dds with a single citadel feels very very weak compared to something like a BB with the same gun size. I can do more damage in a T4 German BB vs my T7 "heavy" cruiser. It makes me sad and I hope they relook at the amount of area that is this ship to make people climbing the new tier to not hate their experience.

I need to start recording gameplay and just put together a montage of me getting citadel hit every match. I die only due to the fact that BB's from 15km+ are hitting my ship with one shell and knocking 20k off.

​Currently in T7. First game got single salvoed by T6 Dunkirk in T5-7 match, 98% health before hit. I had done 3550 in damage prior (13 HE shells on Kongo a few minutes earlier). Next game single salvoed by Hood at 100% health, 4 minutes into battle. He did run into two torps from me, for 64 K damage, at 7 km range.

Edited by Ericson38, 18 May 2017 - 09:14 PM.

sean_solo7 #22 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:29 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

View PostCapt_Blowup, on 17 May 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

T5 is fine

T6 makes me worried

T7 - Currently in. I personally hate this ship so much due to the fact its strickly a grind for me. If you dont hide behind an island and dont get spotted then you will have a half way decent match. As soon as your spotted, watch out, a BB can just look at you and gets cit hits like crazy. I went back and looked at the different armor types of the cruisers within my level and realized that the Algerie has one of the biggest citadels i've ever seen. No wonder everytime a volley gets shot at me no matter what range I take a citadel hit. 2 of those and some random splatters from the dd im chasing and its over. 

I am 20k away from T8 and I will sell this ship as soon as I can due to how broken it feels to play. HE doesn't do anything past 2-3k per volley and AP against other cruisers/dds with a single citadel feels very very weak compared to something like a BB with the same gun size. I can do more damage in a T4 German BB vs my T7 "heavy" cruiser. It makes me sad and I hope they relook at the amount of area that is this ship to make people climbing the new tier to not hate their experience.

I need to start recording gameplay and just put together a montage of me getting citadel hit every match. I die only due to the fact that BB's from 15km+ are hitting my ship with one shell and knocking 20k off.

I know this is weird, but I would love to see that video.  We all probably would.  It may do some good. I am tier IV myself, so I am right behind you.  Again, Id love to see videos like that. :)

Mike_Brase #23 Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I have 91% win rate in the Friant. Then again I have a 19pt Captain that makes her pretty OP for tier 3. Longer range and similar shell arcs to Bogatyr ah yes please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users