Matthaus2 #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Seaman

• Members

Any thought?

Besides the T4 Duguay

El_Judarino #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers

I'm only up to tier 5 (and about one battle away from graduating to tier 6) but I am LOVING the Emile Bertin. About every 4-5 games I get too amped up in it, get overconfident, and allow my speed to get me in a bad place where I get deleted before doing 10k damage.

When I don't screw up early though... I'm pretty much good for 50k+ damage. Using its awesome speed to flex where needed, or escape disaster is so very rewarding. I also feel it has just enough range, along with the speed that it isn't totally screwed when bottom tiered. The 9km torps have also netted me a fair few kills on smoke camping DDs.

oldblackdog #3 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:02 AM

Seaman

• Members

Yeah, the Bertin is a remarkable ship....I'm having great fun with it. Also, the Friant is one of the best Tier 3 cruisers I've ever had.

GrandAdmiral_2016 #4 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Émile Bertin, at T5. As good as Leander at T6.

Shadowrigger1 #5 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:14 AM

Commander

• Members

So far, 1-4 , after that, they are pretty much garbage, im at the Charles Martell, it's an underwhelming POS  for its tier and the current meta of do nothing BBs that sit at max range.

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #6 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I love the tier V and the tier VI.  Don't have the tier VII yet.

Goose21891 #7 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Wasn't a fan of Duguay, Emile, or Las Galis.

Cruiser_Chicago #8 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Emile Bertin is a lot of fun with its 39 knot top speed. Just don't try to trade shots with other ships at close range and you're good. 

La Galissoniere is a slow and nerfed version of the Budyonny, it looks very disappointing.

Algerie looks like a pretty good ship but it's only performing about average based on server stats.

Like other T8 CAs, the Charles Martel looks like a very marginal upgrade over the Algerie. It doesn't look like a keeper.

Meanwhile Saint Louis and Henri IV are blowing away the competition on server stats but their sample sizes are low. Nevertheless I still think they're extremely potent ships at their tiers. These are the French cruisers I would rate most highly.

Rolkatsuki #9 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

I actually really like the Emile Bertin I may come back and keep her once I finish grinding the french cruiser line, Algerie is looking very very decent cruiser too as well /^.\\

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

Camo68 #10 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

The Algerie is my favourite of the line just a nice balanced ship and Emile is another good one

I wanted to like the Charles Martel, and it is a good ship, but it suffers terribly from being up tiered (54% of my games in her were bottom tier) which marred the experience somewhat for me. When it is top tier it really shines.

Saint Louis & Henri are also good ships and more than capable damage dealers but they have limited ability to influence the game which turned me off them a bit.

My Current Ships

Spyde #11 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

T5 is good.

T6 is meh

T7 is ok

T8 is solid

T9 Is very good.

[-K-] Kraken                                          

T10  CA/CL Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Henri IV DD Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, Z52 BB Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   

Ericson38 #12 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

• Members

T6 is worse than meh......I used to think Cleveland was meh, but there is something way worse. Try to go head to head against a Cleveland and tell me how that goes. 20K average with French, 60k average with Cleve.

Edited by Ericson38, 17 May 2017 - 01:53 PM.

Spooooooooooooooooooooon #13 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

• Beta Testers

Funny how YMMV works.  I love the Tier 6, have great games in her.

Spyde #14 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Commander

• Beta Testers

T6 isn't Terrible, its just not any better (almost worse) Than the T5.    

I have been putting out some really good numbers in the French Cruisers (At least imo)  but my T6 dmg was 10k below what i did in the T5, and 20k ish below my 7.

[-K-] Kraken                                          

T10  CA/CL Des Moines, Zao, Moskva, Hindenburg, Minotaur, Henri IV DD Gearing, Shimakaze, Khabarovsk, Grozovoi, Z52 BB Montana, Yamato, Grober Kurfurst   

Marathoner1971 #15 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSpyde, on 17 May 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

T6 isn't Terrible, its just not any better (almost worse) Than the T5.    

I have been putting out some really good numbers in the French Cruisers (At least imo)  but my T6 dmg was 10k below what i did in the T5, and 20k ish below my 7.

Yep, I agree completely. My T6 damage is 13K less than my T5 damage. I would fire, fire fire fire and halfway through that match be at like 18K damage. Without fires it is pure garbage. I said screw it and free XP'd past it, which I very rarely do. 

T7 is ok. Not great, but not bad, either. I'll slowly work my way up the line but I'm in no hurry. 

Ericson38 #16 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

• Members

View PostMarathoner1971, on 17 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yep, I agree completely. My T6 damage is 13K less than my T5 damage. I would fire, fire fire fire and halfway through that match be at like 18K damage. Without fires it is pure garbage. I said screw it and free XP'd past it, which I very rarely do. 

T7 is ok. Not great, but not bad, either. I'll slowly work my way up the line but I'm in no hurry. 

​That is where I'm at, about 15 k damage with Frenchy, except about 50-70K damage with Cleveland.

dEsTurbed1 #17 Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

On tier 6 now.

So far I have found them extremely fun and strong ships.

Of course, I am used to staying at range and kiting, so they are fun.

Everyone of them cannot dive in, each time I've tried, it's been a disaster.

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

Capt_Blowup #18 Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

T5 is fine

T6 makes me worried

T7 - Currently in. I personally hate this ship so much due to the fact its strickly a grind for me. If you dont hide behind an island and dont get spotted then you will have a half way decent match. As soon as your spotted, watch out, a BB can just look at you and gets cit hits like crazy. I went back and looked at the different armor types of the cruisers within my level and realized that the Algerie has one of the biggest citadels i've ever seen. No wonder everytime a volley gets shot at me no matter what range I take a citadel hit. 2 of those and some random splatters from the dd im chasing and its over. 

I am 20k away from T8 and I will sell this ship as soon as I can due to how broken it feels to play. HE doesn't do anything past 2-3k per volley and AP against other cruisers/dds with a single citadel feels very very weak compared to something like a BB with the same gun size. I can do more damage in a T4 German BB vs my T7 "heavy" cruiser. It makes me sad and I hope they relook at the amount of area that is this ship to make people climbing the new tier to not hate their experience.

I need to start recording gameplay and just put together a montage of me getting citadel hit every match. I die only due to the fact that BB's from 15km+ are hitting my ship with one shell and knocking 20k off.

Ericson38 #19 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

• Members

View PostCapt_Blowup, on 17 May 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

T5 is fine

T6 makes me worried

T7 - Currently in. I personally hate this ship so much due to the fact its strickly a grind for me. If you dont hide behind an island and dont get spotted then you will have a half way decent match. As soon as your spotted, watch out, a BB can just look at you and gets cit hits like crazy. I went back and looked at the different armor types of the cruisers within my level and realized that the Algerie has one of the biggest citadels i've ever seen. No wonder everytime a volley gets shot at me no matter what range I take a citadel hit. 2 of those and some random splatters from the dd im chasing and its over. 

I am 20k away from T8 and I will sell this ship as soon as I can due to how broken it feels to play. HE doesn't do anything past 2-3k per volley and AP against other cruisers/dds with a single citadel feels very very weak compared to something like a BB with the same gun size. I can do more damage in a T4 German BB vs my T7 "heavy" cruiser. It makes me sad and I hope they relook at the amount of area that is this ship to make people climbing the new tier to not hate their experience.

I need to start recording gameplay and just put together a montage of me getting citadel hit every match. I die only due to the fact that BB's from 15km+ are hitting my ship with one shell and knocking 20k off.

​Very good review of my T6 experience (your T7), and as far as a stand off hitter, no damage caused that would sway a game one way or the other, so there is no real fun in that. You are loosing for your team if you can't go in and fight.

Edited by Ericson38, 17 May 2017 - 11:07 PM.

tugdual #20 Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I think the best french cruiser tier for tier is the T9, fast and good agility, very accurate gun's with fast reload, and better armor than T10.

You can correct my spelling error pls, i not good in english.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users