Furious Taco

Furious Taco Furies Talking

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Carrier_Lexington #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Ensign

• Members

So, I recently invested in Furutaka, as I never really made it very far up the IJN Cruiser line. I stopped at Tenryu, waaaaaaaaayyyyy far back, back before I had even 100 battles under my belt. I was a noob, and unable to use Tenryu to her full efficiency. However, I didn't want to be stuck at T3 and 4 again, so I skipped Kuma to Furutaka.

I like her. The guns hit very, very hard, and have extremely high fire chances. She's like a miniature battleship with worse armor. Alternatively, I'd compare her a little bit to a T5 Graf Spee.

I don't often get long-range torpedo hits except on AFK/Bot ships (which, thanks to T5, are still there in some matches), but the guns..... oohhh, those guns.

Destroyers that pop-up within gun-range evaporate under 203mm shells.

Cruisers burn nicely, and can melt depending on how skilled their helmsman is.

Battleships... sure, you shouldn't engage a battleship while you're alone. But, when they're shooting at someone else, feel free to light-em up and burn 'em down. Also, you can get close and torpedo them, since, at T5, they like to focus single targets.

Also, she has tons of hitpoints, comparatively. Single fires don't deal that much damage to her, so you can safely leave one burning while you save your damage control for later.

The only thing I don't like so much is the limited range, which, for a T5 cruiser with 203's, is probably to be expected. Definitely one of my favorite cruisers besides Konigsberg and Emile Bertin.

"Heresy!"

Unabletony #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Upgrade to the hull C, which gives you the dual 203s. Research through Hull B and don't mount it at all, which was what I did.

Her torps from this stage are a bit of a last resort, as like running away. Alternatively, you can use them charging froward, because she can use them forward.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

Rolkatsuki #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Furu is and awesome tier 5 cruiser she's a keeper in my port /^.\\

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

Ace_04 #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Furry Taco is a great, but highly misunderstood ship in the IJN cruiser line.  Most players don't understand her playstyle right away, because they are used to the pew-pew-pew of the low tier cruisers, so her lower rate of fire does not sit well with some.

But once you realize the punchy nature of the 203's, they are incredibly versatile and potent.  Once you get comfortable handling Furutaka, she sets the tone for the rest of the IJN cruiser line all the way up to Zao.

[-K-] Kraken

"In war, there are no atheists.  Both sides are asking God for help" - Cmdr. Terry Goddard

Billy_Sastard #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Small BB/large DD Depends on the map and situation. 

Estimated_Prophet #6 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostAce_04, on 16 May 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

But once you realize the punchy nature of the 203's, they are incredibly versatile and potent.  Once you get comfortable handling Furutaka, she sets the tone for the rest of the IJN cruiser line all the way up to Zao.

Actually first IJN ship I purchased, (skipped up to it with fxp,) like the looks of the old C-hull, (now the B-hull,) but I suppose the Aoba clone is okay.

Also stopped at Furutaka; no motivation or desire to go any higher. Had Aoba and Myoko briefly, but sold both right away. (After 5 games each in PvP and PvE.)

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

BrushWolf #7 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:51 PM

Rear Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostUnabletony, on 16 May 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

Upgrade to the hull C, which gives you the dual 203s. Research through Hull B and don't mount it at all, which was what I did.

Her torps from this stage are a bit of a last resort, as like running away. Alternatively, you can use them charging froward, because she can use them forward.

Yeah, 6 Km torpedoes on cruisers and BB's are not really offensive weapons without smoke to hide in and fire from and are best used to persuade ships from closing.

With 8" guns you now have AP that can hurt a BB so throw it into the mix.

I haven't had mine out in a long time but it is actually an enjoyable ship to play unlike back in alpha when you had to sail in a straight line to use your guns. While that was probably fairly historical it did not make for an enjoyable gaming experience.

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

Carrier_Lexington #8 Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostBrushWolf, on 16 May 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

Yeah, 6 Km torpedoes on cruisers and BB's are not really offensive weapons without smoke to hide in and fire from and are best used to persuade ships from closing.

I will clarify that the upgraded torpedoes on Furious Taco have a range of 10 km.

"Heresy!"

Sabot_100 #9 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostBrushWolf, on 16 May 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

With 8" guns you now have AP that can hurt a BB so throw it into the mix.

Are you shooting at the belt, bow/stern, or superstructure of the BBs? The good fire chance always makes it fun to shoot HE.

hanesco #10 Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Furutaka is a very good ship. It is more of a brawler than the rest of the japanese cruisers, because of her lack of range and being quite tanky for her tier, even more so with 10 km torps. Being capable of launching them forward helps with that impression too. But you can only brawl with tier V BBs.

brawling with anything higher than tier V will be painful (getting citadel'd by the bow isn't funny), so she can't face any BB. And even Graf Spee will be a trouble for her. The 6-inch cruisers at tier VI are a pain too, because they out-DPM you and are more armored than you. With the current MM is better to keep the range then, using HE on everything, and AP on broadside cruisers and BBs (you should shot the upper belt on the BBs with AP. You can get some 6k salvos regularly)

Current ships:

Tier II-IV: Tachibana, Emden, Katori, Kuma, Duguay-Trouin.

Tier V-VI: Kamikaze R, ARP Kongo (all), Furutaka, T-22, Konig, Kirov, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee.

Tier VII: ARP Myoko (all), Pensacola, Mahan, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Shchors, Minsk.

Tier VIII:  ARP Takao, Amagi, Mogami, Kagero, Kiev, Ognevoi, Adm. Hipper.

CaptainKaitoGhost #11 Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

You skipped the Kuma?  The Kuma is amazing!

Come visit the Bunker!  A casual place to talk about the game!

http://thebunker.fre.../world-warships

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users