ghost torps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TheBishop #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

getting tired of launching torps, hearing them, SEEING them in the water, and have them disappear because i get sunk.  FIX THIS!!!!!

templar627 #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It happens because of net code. Generally you fire torps client-side, but server-side you died before firing them so they don't "disappear" when the server updates the client.

AVR_Project #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

And after a perfectly set up torpedo ambush around an island, I get nuked by a lucky secondary shot.

And my torpedo launch gets cancelled 'after the fact'.

RNG is wonderful.  Gets your hopes up with a successful suicide strike, just to have your hopes dashed.

It's a game.  Don't let it play you.   There will be a next battle.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

SgtMajorBuzz #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It wasn't always like this, I think something changed with how torps fire the update before the RN CAs were released.

Umikami #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

had this happen

hate it

don't know how they can fix it though, as it's a client/server issue

SeaborneSumo #6 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm more concerned with the OTHER ghost torps.

This has happened several times in the last few weeks.  Sailing along, no ships, no planes, no torp warnings,, then Bam.  Struck by 3-4 torps and sunk.   Some guys have said it could be a graphics issue where torps or planes weren't rendered.  But that shouldn't impact the torpedo warning or airplane warnings received.

"You guys are worse than a Kamikaze pilot with 10 missions under his belt!!!"

- Coach Hall - my High School Football Coach

AVR_Project #7 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostSeaborneSumo, on 16 May 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

I'm more concerned with the OTHER ghost torps.

This has happened several times in the last few weeks.  Sailing along, no ships, no planes, no torp warnings,, then Bam.  Struck by 3-4 torps and sunk.   Some guys have said it could be a graphics issue where torps or planes weren't rendered.  But that shouldn't impact the torpedo warning or airplane warnings received.

Same here.  BAM..  Half my health gone..  Where did it go?  No shells, no torps, no planes ???  Not even detected.

It was two torpedoes from a dead enemy Russian cruiser that should only have 4KM range.

I figure RNG can be cruel.  The torpedoes malfunctioned and went on forever.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

CJSII #8 Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Got sunk by remote guided torps 2 days ago. The Shimi that launched them must have used the "Bend it like Beckham special". They actually went in a curve and ended up hitting me amidships. Frustrating, but funny....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users