5 and 6 destroyers in high tier games

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BADWVYF #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

Seaman

• Members

it's pretty exspensive to run a tier 8.9 and 10 battleship..was forced into 5 and 6 destroyers in these games,,the wall of sea rockets was unreal,,now just because these people with destroyers has little investment,,aand a cloaking device and ability to spam wave after wave of sea rockets that these capitol ships realy cant avoid,,and pretty much were useless in the intire game until it was our turn to be torped..do you thinks it's fair to us with these exspensive capitol ships that we are forced to play in games with too many people playing these little  cloak ships with not much invested and can sit 7k away spamming sea rockets..well I don't..i propose a 20 torp limit to destroyers that will make the game tactical and force them to use guns more..also these destroyer will think twice before ripping out waves of sea rockets and make them count..otherwise the program must be change not to allow more than 4 destroyers in the game..or else the next time I get a 6 destroyer game in my tier 10 super bismark my peaceful form of protest of this injustice to battleship commanders will be to simply log out..and I will,,i am not going to put up with it.  got to much invested in this capitol ship to see them game after game being torped to death before we had a chance to engage..,,but every time I see 5 and 6 destroyers in a tier 9 and 10 fight,,im logging..every one of those game were the same,,we were forced to sit way in the back and wait half the game till either their dd were dead or ours..is this the kind of game u really want>>up to u..i bring my tier 10 super bizmark in to fight my piers battelships at close range and brawl,,not to sit in the back because of poor game mechanics giving these destroyers magic powers..thnx u for ur consideration in this matter.

Edited by BADWVYF, 16 May 2017 - 07:02 AM.

_WaveRider_ #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Ensign

• Members

I for one play DD's; presently playing Tier VI. I often worry when seeing a YouTube video where a single volley takes away half the HP of a Tier X Gearing how effective a DD can be.

More DDs on each side just leads to earlier detection, fights where the extended bloom mechanics let everyone know where you are even after the engagement. Spotter planes, fighter planes, CV planes, Hydro, Radar, RPF, all the things that spot a DD or its torps.

How can a DD be effective I think!?! They must need buffs I think, others need nerfs I think!  But no, you show me there is balance.

Thank you. :honoring:

I think.

Khafni #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

You could save your fellow battleship commanders much angst by uninstalling the game, too. You seem too weak-minded to cope with the same adversity other players deal with each game. "Logging out" when the MM doesn't meet your idea of fair leaves your team hamstrung.

And do you really think a T10 DD costs that much less than your "super Bismarck"? You wear the moniker BBaby very well. 

Camo68 #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostKhafni, on 16 May 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

You could save your fellow battleship commanders much angst by uninstalling the game, too. You seem too weak-minded to cope with the same adversity other players deal with each game. "Logging out" when the MM doesn't meet your idea of fair leaves your team hamstrung.

And do you really think a T10 DD costs that much less than your "super Bismarck"? You wear the moniker BBaby very well. 

I agree with Khafni completely, OP you show complete disregard for your fellow team mates. Best you play a solo game where your antics only hurt yourself.

My Current Ships

ACEpickles #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostBADWVYF, on 16 May 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

it's pretty exspensive to run a tier 8.9 and 10 battleship..was forced into 5 and 6 destroyers in these games,,the wall of sea rockets was unreal,,now just because these people with destroyers has little investment,,aand a cloaking device and ability to spam wave after wave of sea rockets that these capitol ships realy cant avoid,,and pretty much were useless in the intire game until it was our turn to be torped..do you thinks it's fair to us with these exspensive capitol ships that we are forced to play in games with too many people playing these little  cloak ships with not much invested and can sit 7k away spamming sea rockets..well I don't..i propose a 20 torp limit to destroyers that will make the game tactical and force them to use guns more..also these destroyer will think twice before ripping out waves of sea rockets and make them count..otherwise the program must be change not to allow more than 4 destroyers in the game..or else the next time I get a 6 destroyer game in my tier 10 super bismark my peaceful form of protest of this injustice to battleship commanders will be to simply log out..and I will,,i am not going to put up with it.  got to much invested in this capitol ship to see them game after game being torped to death before we had a chance to engage..,,but every time I see 5 and 6 destroyers in a tier 9 and 10 fight,,im logging..every one of those game were the same,,we were forced to sit way in the back and wait half the game till either their dd were dead or ours..is this the kind of game u really want>>up to u..i bring my tier 10 super bizmark in to fight my piers battelships at close range and brawl,,not to sit in the back because of poor game mechanics giving these destroyers magic powers..thnx u for ur consideration in this matter.

Coop for you my friend...

dark.png

pmgaudio #6 Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostBADWVYF, on 16 May 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

I looked up a few things....
MM is not your issue

Spoiler

Edited by pmgaudio, 16 May 2017 - 10:41 AM.

“Leave the gun....
Take the Cannoli”
  __Clemenza

:child:

AVR_Project #7 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Yesterday, in a tier 10 game, I 'scouted' a cap in my Mogami (stupid thing to do) and had to do a hasty retreat spamming 10km torps into the one Dom 3 cap.

Knocked me down to 428 health.  And my team was losing by a little.  I could serve the score better by hugging a corner and not dying.

After the 'Kill the low health cruiser' curtains of fire subsided, I headed through my advancing team straight to the rear.  Nobody complained.

The cap on the other side of the map was enemy secured uncontested but empty.

I made my way across the top of the map towards it..  OK - Bismarck is now heading straight for me.

I'm in Isokaze mode.  Fire guns and I'm detected and dead.  So I turn back and lay a field of torps.

Two hits later and my 4K of damage balloons into 78K with hits and flooding.  I turn back to the far cap...

There are three enemy DDs out there and only one can ruin my day.  By the time I got to the cap, there were three enemy and 4 allies (me included) left.

Score was 750:900 - Enemy was ahead.

Apparently, my hitting the cap caused the enemy team to panic, turn and die, leaving only one Fletcher.  I stopped their point source.  SURPRISE !!!

That stopped cap was the only thing advancing their score and we held the one I got wrecked at,

Our score was catching up.

After I got the cap, I left (DD whereabouts unknown) since one shell hit would do me in.  The DD pulled in and started taking it.  We secured the center cap.

Win on points...long battle.

Yes..   Cruiser in Destroyer mode.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

silverdahc #8 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

You know when I see 5 -6 battleships on the other side I just quit too way too many battleships oh wait I guess my side has the same amount to maybe I shouldn't quit

Just joking I don't even want to start on this ride

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

SpudZero #9 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

OP

Don't even think about Co-op for high tier play, unless you're doing 125k + damage at the bare minimum, you'll lose credits big time.

Stick with PVP, you'll make more credits, and besides, there are lots of DD's in Co-op too.... and we have enough windowlicker BB's already. :trollface:

Do or do not.  There is no try.     -  Yoda

DOCTOR_CITADEL #10 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

What I just read here is... unbelievable.

While I play all classes (except CVs), I'm a BB main at heart. Please QQ Moar because you can't cope with a challenge. I dread dodging torpedoes in BBs as well, but I've learned how to cope with it. Now I wreck DDs for a living. Maybe you should spend a bit more time trying to learn how to play more effectively and less time crying on the forums about your ineptitude.  

Am I coming on a little strong? Sure. Perhaps that's because, not only do you appear to be not willing to learn, you are willing to screw over your teammates because of it. Quitting games just because they don't suit you is childish and immature, not to mention inconsiderate of the other players around you. I concur with ACE above, go play with COOP bots if that's your attitude. If you don't like the game, don't screw over the rest of us who actually do enjoy it with your immature actions.

Also, it's not a "Super Birsmarck", it's a "Grosser Kurfurst". :facepalm:

OverPowered Gaming Fleet Admiral / [OPG] Admiral 

For OverPowered Gaming Recruitment & Information (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Clan Entrance Requirements (click here)               

OverPowered Gaming's Teamspeak Address: 158.69.112.116: 10026             

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users