Tier levels in battles

ship tier mismatch

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Taylor3006 #41 Posted Today, 12:45 AM

Ensign

• Members

Ehh have no trouble adapting, don't bother doing anything other than playing to the missions now. That is my adaptation. If I need to damage German ships, will ignore everything else and shoot the Germans. If I need to start fires, I spam HE. Whatever the mission calls for I do, could care less about winning, team play or the like. The only fun games I am in are the ones where everyone is close tier, you know the old +1/-1. They are fun, I enjoy them and from the chat in game so do others. Anyways am done with this topic, nothing is going to be done anyways. Will be glad to finish my missions so I can return to PvE and have a good time. PvP play is stale, boring and the lopsided wins/losses make for zero fun. If the +2/-2 stays, maybe they need to do what they did with CVs, give a captain skill that provides longer range and/or more damage for each tier you are inferior to your target. Maybe more armor protection, who knows, am sure they can figure something out. I suppose fighting obvious inferior opponents appeals to some, it does not appeal to me. As to the advice, I have no trouble avoiding lots of fire but eventually you are going to get hit. I used hiding behind the rocks as an example because that is what appears to be the meta in PvP, nothing more. 

Edited by Taylor3006, Today, 12:52 AM.

HMCS_Devilfish #42 Posted Today, 01:10 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 19 May 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Taylor, either you were in a fail division or you're mistaken about being in a tier FIVE cruiser facing a tier EIGHT BB.  Tier 5's should never ever be facing tier 8 ships, unless they're in fail divisions. And yes, you might be thinking of the Scharnhorst, which is a tier 7 German premium BB.

That said, I generally think that one can be reasonably successful even when bottom tier and 2 tiers down, though there are some exceptions.  Certain ships are poorly suited to being 2 tiers down, such as the Marblehead (though not the Murmansk).  The Marblehead's problem is the short range of its guns.  OTOH, the Murmansk's guns have sufficient range that the ship can hang out near max range and get good hits while dodging incoming fire.  But also, it's best when you're bottom tier to try to avoid drawing attention to yourself.  Try to fight and support higher tier team mates, in the hope that they'll be seen as bigger threats than your little ole bottom tier ship.

This is how I play my Murmansk start off looking for camping BBs or occasional CAs and let loose da spotter plane with just over 17 k range , they move, the Murmansk strongpoint is avoiding enemy shot so set it up accordingly,even though Murmansk is one of the more fradgile ships she is also one of the best suited for playing against higher tiers if played right

Crucis #43 Posted Today, 06:49 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostTaylor3006, on 21 May 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Ehh have no trouble adapting, don't bother doing anything other than playing to the missions now. That is my adaptation. If I need to damage German ships, will ignore everything else and shoot the Germans. If I need to start fires, I spam HE. Whatever the mission calls for I do, could care less about winning, team play or the like. The only fun games I am in are the ones where everyone is close tier, you know the old +1/-1. They are fun, I enjoy them and from the chat in game so do others. Anyways am done with this topic, nothing is going to be done anyways. Will be glad to finish my missions so I can return to PvE and have a good time. PvP play is stale, boring and the lopsided wins/losses make for zero fun. If the +2/-2 stays, maybe they need to do what they did with CVs, give a captain skill that provides longer range and/or more damage for each tier you are inferior to your target. Maybe more armor protection, who knows, am sure they can figure something out. I suppose fighting obvious inferior opponents appeals to some, it does not appeal to me. As to the advice, I have no trouble avoiding lots of fire but eventually you are going to get hit. I used hiding behind the rocks as an example because that is what appears to be the meta in PvP, nothing more. 

You can say that you have no trouble adapting, and yet the rest of your comments positively scream either your inability or unwillingness to do so. Also, i think that you meant "obviously superior" opponents rather than "obviously inferior", because otherwise it would make your preference for coop illogical since coop bots are obviously INFERIOR opponents.

As for lopsided wins not being fun, then why do you play coop at all??? After all, losing in coop is rare and pretty much requires a supremely incompetent team.

Taylor3006 #44 Posted Today, 03:25 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostCrucis, on 22 May 2017 - 12:49 AM, said:

You can say that you have no trouble adapting, and yet the rest of your comments positively scream either your inability or unwillingness to do so. Also, i think that you meant "obviously superior" opponents rather than "obviously inferior", because otherwise it would make your preference for coop illogical since coop bots are obviously INFERIOR opponents.

As for lopsided wins not being fun, then why do you play coop at all??? After all, losing in coop is rare and pretty much requires a supremely incompetent team.

OMG you got me, what ever shall I do? As I stated over and over and over and over again, inferior by two tiers. Not rocket science. Yes I could have said that the upper 2 tiers were superior.... Not sure why that makes a difference in yer mind. I love Co-op because of the arcade nature of game play, as I have said over and over and over again. Playing human players at a disadvantage or when I am disadvantaged is not fun, you know as I said over and over and over again. I think there is a fourth "over" but just not wanting to go back thru the thread further. I realize you think you have some insight into why there are so many players unhappy with the game and that somehow your brilliant dialogue can fix that. Unfortunately your inability to grasp the material already at hand just makes you a hinderance, nothing more.  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users