Jump to content


Tier levels in battles

ship tier mismatch

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

jutland1916 #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

    Seaman Recruit

  • Members

  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-31-2016
I think it is ridiculous to put tier 8 ships against tier 10, especially tier 8 cruisers against tier 10 battleships.  They can't survive. WoW should revise the match criteria at high tiers, so matches are limited to tiers 9-10, 8-9, or 7-8.

PrairiePlayer #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:37 AM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 293
  • Member since:
    08-18-2015
Actually, I do well enough in a Mogami against T10 BBs.  It is part of the game so might as well learn how to play it. 

RipNuN2 #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:49 AM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,908
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014
:popcorn:

1SneakyDevil #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,114
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015
Oh not another one of these threads  :facepalm:

BrushWolf #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:13 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

There are some ships at various tier levels that could use preferred match making but overall most ships do just fine with three tier matches.

 

 

 

 


  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


Pulicat #6 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

    Commander

  • Members

  • 3,646
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013
I guess becoming a better player is always a last resort for you Jutland

 


Umikami #7 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:40 AM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,568
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostBrushWolf, on 16 May 2017 - 04:13 AM, said:

There are some ships at various tier levels that could use preferred match making but overall most ships do just fine with three tier matches.

 

 

 

 

 

then please explain to me why the whole rework of tiers 3 and 4 had to happen?

and why, since then, it is so difficult to find a tier 5 or 6 match?



Patton3rdarmy13 #8 Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:56 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Testers

  • 167
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
While I don't enjoy see tier 10 matches in my tier 8 ships when using tier 8 BB I really don't care. Some of my cruisers and all my DDs I dislike it but a couple of my tier 8 cruisers I kind of enjoy it.

Troa_Barton #9 Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 12
  • Member since:
    06-11-2016

Dealing damage to higher tier ships gives better XP and income...

The only time I agree with this is with CV's, being bottom tier in a CV sucks.


www.youtube.com/c/troabarton


AdmiralThunder #10 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

    Master Chief Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 368
  • Member since:
    12-07-2016

View Post1SneakyDevil, on 15 May 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Oh not another one of these threads  :facepalm:

 

​There is a reason for it though. +2 MM sucks and "most" people are sick of it. +1 MM with an option to go to +2 MM for the player is what should be standard. It isn't a case of getting better, or learning how to play your ship, either as so many say. It is simply a case of once you hit that T5/T6 level ships 2 tiers higher are just too OP. Doesn't mean you can't do well in +2 but for "most" it takes any enjoyment out of the game when you know you are the 1st ship to be targeted and you generally speaking don't have the HP, armor, and guns to be any kind of threat back.

BrushWolf #11 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostUmikami, on 15 May 2017 - 11:40 PM, said:

 

then please explain to me why the whole rework of tiers 3 and 4 had to happen?

and why, since then, it is so difficult to find a tier 5 or 6 match?

 

That was to protect the new players and I disagree with it. It was a lot easier to learn to be bottom tier in three tier matches in tier 3 than it is in tier 5.

Edited by BrushWolf, 16 May 2017 - 03:45 PM.

  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


Psycodiver #12 Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Members

  • 413
  • Member since:
    11-20-2013
I enjoyed the old +/- 3 MM back in the day, I had no issue so all I can say is Get Gud. Really what's next after this, same tier games? crapwhy stop there let's make it so only BBs see BBs, cruiser see only cruisers, ect. Really just learn to play better instead of begging the devs to dumb down the game

1SneakyDevil #13 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:51 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,114
  • Member since:
    07-31-2015

View PostAdmiralThunder, on 16 May 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

 

​There is a reason for it though. +2 MM sucks and "most" people are sick of it. +1 MM with an option to go to +2 MM for the player is what should be standard. It isn't a case of getting better, or learning how to play your ship, either as so many say. It is simply a case of once you hit that T5/T6 level ships 2 tiers higher are just too OP. Doesn't mean you can't do well in +2 but for "most" it takes any enjoyment out of the game when you know you are the 1st ship to be targeted and you generally speaking don't have the HP, armor, and guns to be any kind of threat back.

 

Yes you have to work harder the trick is to engage where you are not the focal point so you are not easily deleted. Is it much more work? Absolutely but the satisfaction is even greater when you are one of the top XP earners in those matches.



Umikami #14 Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Lieutenant Commander

  • Beta Testers

  • 2,568
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013

View PostBrushWolf, on 16 May 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

 

That was to protect the new players and I disagree with it. It was a lot easier to learn to be bottom tier in three tier matches in tier 3 than it is in tier 5.

 

Yeah, so did (do) I, and I still hold the opinion that it is making the mid-tier play much worse than it could be.

(and by WoW's rapid response to my complaint, you can see exactly the weight my opinion carries, LOL!!)



BrushWolf #15 Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:04 PM

    Rear Admiral

  • Alpha Tester

  • 7,641
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Post1SneakyDevil, on 16 May 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

 

Yes you have to work harder the trick is to engage where you are not the focal point so you are not easily deleted. Is it much more work? Absolutely but the satisfaction is even greater when you are one of the top XP earners in those matches.

 

While there are some ships that probably need some MM protection with most if you play smart and patient you can do quite well.

 

 


  

 

Ich lasse mir doch nicht mein Schiff unter dem Arsch wegschießen. Feuererlaubnis! (I'm not letting my ship get shot out from under my arse. Open fire!) Ernst Lindemann Captain KMS Bismarck

 


Cruiser_kebobstuzov #16 Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Members

  • 63
  • Member since:
    03-12-2016
for queue time reasons and the fact that T8s can hold their own in T10 [just gotta adjust playstyle] it seems clear that the majority of the community does NOT want to see +1/-1 MM for anything except CV's. now that I have essex and hakuryu, its not a huge issue but grinding up low tier planes cant handle 2 tier above AA. protect MM for CV sure but nobody else. its been debated over and over.
dark.png

Taylor3006 #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:58 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,126
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostCruiser_kebobstuzov, on 18 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

for queue time reasons and the fact that T8s can hold their own in T10 [just gotta adjust playstyle] it seems clear that the majority of the community does NOT want to see +1/-1 MM for anything except CV's. now that I have essex and hakuryu, its not a huge issue but grinding up low tier planes cant handle 2 tier above AA. protect MM for CV sure but nobody else. its been debated over and over.

 

I don't believe that one bit. Since the MM change there are hundreds of threads with thousands of posts that say people are not happy with current MM. When things were +1/-1 I don't remember any real outcry about it. You may think you speak for the majority of players, the forums (here an on Reddit) suggest you are clueless.

Edited by Taylor3006, 19 May 2017 - 05:00 AM.


Crucis #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

    Rear Admiral

  • Members

  • 7,423
  • Member since:
    08-25-2013

Taylor, I can't speak for the majority of the community, but I will say this. Being 2 tiers down in wows is not nearly as difficult as the posters make it out to be. Certainly not as difficult as in world of tanks. Wows could use a I'm tweak similar to the recent wot tweak where battles that included tanks that were two tiers down would have those -2 tier tanks represent about half the team so that there are plenty of bottom tier tanks to shoot. It seems like a good idea that wows could use.

 



Taylor3006 #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

    Ensign

  • Members

  • 1,126
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View PostCrucis, on 19 May 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

Taylor, I can't speak for the majority of the community, but I will say this. Being 2 tiers down in wows is not nearly as difficult as the posters make it out to be. Certainly not as difficult as in world of tanks. Wows could use a I'm tweak similar to the recent wot tweak where battles that included tanks that were two tiers down would have those -2 tier tanks represent about half the team so that there are plenty of bottom tier tanks to shoot. It seems like a good idea that wows could use.

 

 

I appreciate your response but again, I point out the obvious. There are thousands of posts on the forum that disagree with this. It has been a miserable experience for me personally as well. I was bow first and in reverse at range trying to escape a Tirpitz today in my Murmansk (or Marblehead I forget) and was deleted by him. I am unfamiliar with WoT honestly, seems from your description that something similarly could be done here but really again, I am pretty ignorant of WoT gameplay. BTW it might have been the other German battleship like the Tirpitz, begins with an S. I get the two confused lots.

Edited by Taylor3006, 19 May 2017 - 06:54 AM.


Goomypoop #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:10 AM

    Seaman

  • Members

  • 18
  • Member since:
    09-22-2015
I agree with you Taylor3006. It is more a ship class thing with the 'is the lower tier at too much a disadvantage' vs the ship +2 tiers above it. With DDs, I agree that +/- 2 tiers is only a detection advantage between the ships. However, with the BBs, my Tier 5 USN BB is out run by any one elses Tier 7 and many times outranged. therefore, I am in a disadvantage with those ships. As far as 'changing play style ' and attacking with ships where you are not the focus....Have you seen the "team" play lately in the Random matches?! Comes down to the fact that a Bayern (Jutland ship) vs a North Caralina (mid WW2 ship) CAN'T be considered a 'fair' match by anyone not high on drugs or their own opinions.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users