T4 / T5 Carriers and etc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: War Gaming Restore Alt Drop and Strafing to T4 /T5 (20 members have cast votes)

Do you play Carriers?

1. Yes (18 votes [90.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Do you enjoy T4 / T5 Carriers without strafing or alt drop?

1. Yes (4 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No (13 votes [65.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.00%

3. Maybe (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Do you want alt drop and strafing to be returned by War-Gaming?

1. Yes (12 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (6 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Maybe (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

T5 (without strafing and alt drop) vs T6 (with strafing and alt drop) matches, do you rhink its a fair match up?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

2. No (20 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Have you stop playing carriers because of War Gamings actions with our hard earned carriers?

1. Yes (2 votes [10.00%] - View)

2. No (10 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Maybe (8 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Artic_Tiger_Kristine #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:15 AM

Seaman

• Members

My fellow Carrier pilots, I come today to the forum for a frustrated moment after my match in a T5 vs T6 match. I am curious to see how you all feel about the changes. Please answer honestly.

WanderingGhost #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:45 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

I'm in the minority I know - Yes, tier 5 got hosed against tier 6, no denying that. But I'm glad strafing and MD are gone from hose tiers because while the national flavour balance is an issue, still, after 2 years, there's no [edited]auto delete because someone has a better framerate or lives closer o the server, less micromanaging, no [edited]point blank drops especially at a tier where AA is near non existent. I not only don't want them back, beyond reworking strafe to just a debuff for grouped bombers, not an auto delete, want to see it gone from all tiers, and AA nerfed now that manual drops are then gone (because in one of their things Wargaming basically confirmed a month or two ago in a Q and A I believe that AA was buffed to counter manual drops every time they buffed it). It's like if arty in tanks only had to press alt and the shell appeared from straight above and auto penned for full damage.

Put two CV's of the same nation verse each other, it's not about who deletes planes first with strafe anymore, not about who's strafe gets lucky to count, and obliterating ships that can't possibly dodge at those drop ranges, it's about who out thinks the enemy captain, a bit of RNG, and who can actually aim a shot and predict movement for long shots, the difference between hitting a target at 10 feet and 510 feet. It actually requires tactics and aim, not blind muscle memory and pressing a key to evaporate all planes in a section of screen.

This game was better and better balanced during the times before manual drops and strafes, and when tier 6 CV isn't involved, is again better balanced aside from actually a lack of AA at the lower tiers. Andanyone that can't put up the same numbers at tier 4 and 5 unless it's an IJN CV vs AS USN, sorry, maybe you need to reevaluate your choice to play if your aim is that much of an issue.

LastoftheFallen #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

How about they just remove Alt attacks from EVERY CV.  Problem solved.  Manually dropping from less than 1km is complete crap and one of the primary reasons why many players hate carriers in this game.  After that's fixed, then Wargaming can find a better way to balance IJN fighter groups against US fighter groups, especially considering that IJN fighters were vastly superior to US fighters in the early days.

Carrier_Lexington #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostLastoftheFallen, on 15 May 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

How about they just remove Alt attacks from EVERY CV.  Problem solved.  Manually dropping from less than 1km is complete crap and one of the primary reasons why many players hate carriers in this game.  After that's fixed, then Wargaming can find a better way to balance IJN fighter groups against US fighter groups, especially considering that IJN fighters were vastly superior to US fighters in the early days.

I'm going to have to download this, with all the people that have said "remove all manual drops."

Sorry. Manual drops are the only things that make CV play interesting, hectic, and worthwhile. Auto-drops are crap, and can often result in team-kills at higher tiers.

Plus, manual drops and strafes are the ONLY things that are keeping the high-tier USN relevant.

"Heresy!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users