Duguay Trouin or Konigsberg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Matthaus2 #1 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Seaman

• Members

Okay let's start by saying I am a 30-something PhD, have a mortgage, working a full-time job and an amateur photographer job. I have only this much time left in my life for gaming around (and also Total War: Arena).

I currently have a Duguay Trouin + Konigsberg + Budyonny + Fiji + Mogami line-up

My Mogami has lived a good life. With the invisible fire being removed in 0.6.4, her last glory days with A hull + 15.0 km stealth firing are gone. Moreover, it just can't even win a fight with the British Tier 7 Fiji or Belfast.

I have a tier 8 spot opening up.

I can only keep 1 French cruiser and 1 German cruiser because I don't have time for training more captains, anymore.

What are the viable options?

1) Keep both Duguay Trouin + Konigsberg, get the Russian Chappy

2) Keep Duguay Trouin, move up to German Tier 8

3) Keep Konigsberg, move up to French Tier 8

4) Keep both Duguay Trouin + Konigsberg, get the RN Edinburgh

ValkyrWarframe #2 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:27 AM

Captain

• Members

Here's what I advise: Get rid of Duguay-Trouin and Konigsberg, and keep Emile Bertin instead.  Move up to Chapayev and Edinburgh, and you have the best of the options.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe, 16 May 2017 - 02:27 AM.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

hangglide42 #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Given how much fun the British Tier VIIs are, the Edinburgh would be my first choice.

What I found is that all 3 of the remaining cruiser options can be fun, but which of the following best fits your play style?  Firstly, all 3 are most fun if you're comfortable w/ a lot of maneuvering and using cover when needed to stay alive.  With this in mind, here are the characteristic play styles if the ships you mention:

Chapayev - fun fire spammer to burn down BBs, radar terror for DD hunting near caps - squishy armor so must maneuver and plays well in kiting situations.  Only 4 km torps, but useful radar on upgraded hull.

French Tier 8 - 8" gun good fire spammer to burn down BBs, very fast & can be fitted w/ special engine boost mid that gives you DD speeds w/ short cooldown windows.  Very thin armor so you rely on speed, maneuver & overpens to stay alive.  Fairly long ranged 9km torps.

Hipper - not everyone likes this ship (but I did & kept mine) - big for a CA, best AP at short to mid ranges (not so much from long due to light shells) but low damage HE (still useful for fire starting tho).  Under right armor angling can be somewhat tanky for a cruiser and I've successfully torped BBs in a brawl.  AA is also pretty decent if spec'ed for it or hydro is nice if you want to specialize for DD hunting.

Hope this helps you with your decision!

Edited by hangglide42, 16 May 2017 - 03:08 AM.

Estimated_Prophet #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

Commander

• Members

If you want to keep a T5 keep Konigsburg. With the abillity of it's turrets (the aft ones at least,) to rotate 360 degrees, it is the ultimate in dodging and shooting while charging at T5, and it never hurts when running away to be able to keep 66% of your firepower on target, (I'm talking about you too, Myogi.)

I suppose for others your Konigsburg miliage may vary, but I've kept it and prefer it over Nurnburg.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

sasquatch_research #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Hey

So far I have played Konigsberg (decent and fun), Nurnberg (decent and fun), Yorck (hate it), Prinz Eugen (love it) and Belfast (situationally fun) , ARP T7 cruisers (fun but crappy torp angles) and T8 Takao (good ship).  I liked Konigsberg/Nurnberg personally and love the Prinz/Hipper ships.  Belfast is good but can get deleted quickly from captain error (usually me) and focused fired due to reputation.  The Takao/Atago is a good ship and fun to play also with good torp angles.  I will be keeping my entire German line, even Yorck, though she won't see much play when I'm done with her.

Pete

BearlyHereBear #6 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:41 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I have the best T8 ships but rarely play them.  The chance of being thrown into a T10 battle are too great (especially now since so many have had time to get T10 ships).  I pretty much play them only to get the 50-100% daily bonus.

Grem, Kami, Ok, Sim, Fubu, An, Blys, Lenin, Lo, Shima, Khab, Gear, D-52: Emd, Kat, Murm, Furu, Molo, GS, Atlanta, Indi, Belf, ARPs, MK, PE, Atago, Hindi, Zao, Mino, Moskva: Mikasa (crap), KA, Ishi,  Nic, Texas, ARPs, Zona, Hood, Scharn, Biz, Tirpitz,  Miz, Mon: Hiryu, Siapan, Haku

Intel® Core™ Processor i7-6700K

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X GAMING 3

ADATA XPG Z1 (8GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz

AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users