Review of the Akatsuki t7

knife to a gun fight Bad ship

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

warp103 #1 Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Worst t7  gunboat ever. This was the start of why I was salty last week Lots of players like the BB at the end of the review.

Unabletony #2 Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Akatsuki isn't supposed to play like a gunboat. I read somewhere on the forums that a hybrid of her guns and torps work best.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

Estimated_Prophet #3 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Commander

• Members

Log Horizon Akatsuki is best Akatsuki.

WoWs Akatsuki? Wouldn't know; I don't intend to go up that branch.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

GhostSwordsman #4 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostUnabletony, on 15 May 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Akatsuki isn't supposed to play like a gunboat. I read somewhere on the forums that a hybrid of her guns and torps work best.

Exactly this. No IJN DD aside from Akizuki should be played as a gunboat. In fact, most aren't even worth the effort of trying to enhance their guns. The only two I could think of that would/could benefit from helping their gun capabilities are Akatsuki and Yuugumo. But doing so makes neither of them anything remotely close to a gunboat. So you enhance your guns and torpedoes, then you continue to play it like an IJN DD, which means don't use your guns unless you're absolutely sure you won't take a lot of damage and/or can win the fight. Having the enhanced guns just helps to surprise some players, and to gain a bit more consistency across your games as your guns become a bit more reliable to fall back on for damage.

I myself may be who you heard that from as I've said that in a few threads before. I find Akatsuki excels if you enhance her guns as much as possible, while also putting in points to enhance her torpedo capabilities.

Edit: OP, I watched half the video out of curiosity as I personally love my Akatsuki, and I've come to the conclusion that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Stop trying to force the ship into a roll it wasn't meant to perform and build around the ships capabilities instead.

Edited by GhostSwordsman, 16 May 2017 - 01:28 AM.

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Hiro_Yoshi #5 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:49 AM

Seaman

• Members

There is only one legitimate IJN gunboat, which is the Tier 8 Akizuki. Period.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users