Hood Bundle Nonsense

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

NikoPower #21 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Community Corgi Enthusiast

• Administrator

View PostSoshi_Sone, on 15 May 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

It looks to me that the Hood is required to complete Task 8 of each mission.

You can get the Bismarck and collectibles without Hood. 

- Created by Jorge_555

"To be honest in some strange way when I think of Niko I just imagine a Corgi, like my brain knows that Niko is a human but the Corgi image just works." - Devastator5000

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #22 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

Did Wargaming change their CEO recently? Because as a company they have been acting differently than they used to.

AVR_Project #23 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I thought this 'Hood' mission results in the BISMARCK, along with some snazzy camo for Hood and Bismarck.

It's made easier if you have the Hood.

So this is a bit different than the Graf Spee.  There was a separate mission to get the Graf Spee for free, but the campaigns were staggered by start date.

And each start date resulted in a lesser bundle cost for the Spee.

Buy the Spee and you had a month to do the camo mission.  Grind it out and you had a week.  I took the long way, since I didn't care about the camo too much.

After I got the Spee, I thought -- why not.  Give it a try.

And so I now have a camo'd Fuso, Farragut, and Leander sitting in my port.  Didn't finish to the Bayern.  I don't use them much but they look nice.

Digging through the documents, I don't see any way of earning a Hood.  So this is entirely different.  And buying the Hood no way guarantees anyone a Bismarck.

I think that would be sneaky-rotten to do a 'Graf Spee' type sale of the Hood without a way of earning the Hood for free.

However, 'Sneaky-Rotten' is a widely used business practice.

So much has been lost, so much forgotten. So much pain, so much blood. And for what? I wonder. The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between. But there is still time to seize that one last, fragile moment. To choose something better, to make a difference.  -- Babylon 5

renegadestatuz #24 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:11 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 15 May 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

Did Wargaming change their CEO recently? Because as a company they have been acting differently than they used to.

How have they been acting differently?

​Those who rebel, must be cleansed of their ways.

KaptainKaybe #25 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostRipNuN2, on 15 May 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

It is but you dont need those tasks to finish the campaign.

You don't, but those Hood tasks are really easy to accomplish and award the most pins. If they DO end up staggering the bundles like they did in the past, this would come off as a massive cash grab and piss off quite a few people. Much like the Christmas campaign that required the Graf Spee to get all those premium camos.

Soshi_Sone #26 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostNikoPower, on 15 May 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Oh, that's correct, you don't have to complete task 8.  Hood is required to complete all tasks for each mission (i.e., task 8).  But finishing all tasks is not a requirement to complete the mission.  My error.

Edited by Soshi_Sone, 15 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

SgtSullyC3 #27 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:13 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 15 May 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

You're from WOT then? Because you haven't been in WOWS long enough to say that they are acting differently than they used to...

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

renegadestatuz #28 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 15 May 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

You're from WOT then? Because you haven't been in WOWS long enough to say that they are acting differently than they used to...

He's from WoTBlitz

SgtSullyC3 #29 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostSoshi_Sone, on 15 May 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Then WG needs to update the Mission requirements currently posted on their website.  As of a few moments ago, every Task 8 for every mission identifies Hood as a "restriction"  (i.e., required).

You don't need to complete all eight tasks to complete a stage. You just need to collect the specified amount of pins, and you can repeat specific tasks over and over again to get more pins if you want.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo, Dunkerque

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Emile Bertin, La Galissonnière

SgtSullyC3 #30 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 15 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

He's from WoTBlitz

*le sigh*

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #31 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 15 May 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

How have they been acting differently?

Content they are choosing to add in their games, the methods they are using to release them, game mechanics totally getting pushed in odd directions, and the way they run Campaigns these days.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #32 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View Postrenegadestatuz, on 15 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

He's from WoTBlitz

yep :)

renegadestatuz #33 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Thrawn_1, on 15 May 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

Content they are choosing to add in their games, the methods they are using to release them, game mechanics totally getting pushed in odd directions, and the way they run Campaigns these days.

This has always been the way they do things in WoWs.

Soshi_Sone #34 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostSgtSullyC3, on 15 May 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

You don't need to complete all eight tasks to complete a stage. You just need to collect the specified amount of pins, and you can repeat specific tasks over and over again to get more pins if you want.

My bad.

jeffreywalker74656 #35 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNikoPower, on 15 May 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

So the response is basically a total non response to what the topic is about ? So we are getting the screw job same as is being perpetrated against EU players. Thanks for no clarification. I think my wallet may need to be used elsewhere. 

Leader of Naval Force's Elite - Apply to join today - Casual, Fun, Unrestricted.

Player primarily of US Navy ships

lron_Dog_of_Jutland #36 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

• Members

View PostAce_04, on 15 May 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

Didn't they stagger sale the original Prinz Eugen bundles too?

Yep and it was a debacle!

They had to apologize and admit it was a failed experiment. Makes me wonder why the approach is back?

jeffreywalker74656 #37 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postlron_Dog_of_Jutland, on 15 May 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Yep and it was a debacle!

They had to apologize and admit it was a failed experiment. Makes me wonder why the approach is back?

They are showing us how little they care what we as customers think. That is the only logical reason to do such a thing. 

Leader of Naval Force's Elite - Apply to join today - Casual, Fun, Unrestricted.

Player primarily of US Navy ships

Lonewolfpj #38 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

People are getting really upset over nothing. You don't need to buy anything to get the Bismarck. Then if you don't want to pay a lot for the Hood then you can wait. I remember when they only sold ships in big bundles. Would you rather us go back to that?

JochenHeiden #39 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postjeffreywalker74656, on 15 May 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

So apparently they are releasing Hood in staggered bundles once again. Not allowing you to just buy the ship and a slot till after the Campaign "Hunt for Bismarck" ends. I thought they learned from the backlash the last time not to do this again. Apparently not. I was really excited to see Hood added to the game. This foolishness makes me not sure I even want her anymore. I am sure I am not alone in that. How many people want to be forced to spend at least twice as much to get her in time for a campaign that revolves around her and Bismarck. Its almost as if they learned nothing from the last time people got so angry when they did these staggered bundled nonsensical releases. They did it with the Graf Spee and so many people got angry they relented and sold her in all forms at once. Come on Wargaming be realistic. 

What is your source for this?  I've seen no official announcements from WG about when and how the Hood is to be released, and how much it will cost.

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

lron_Dog_of_Jutland #40 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

• Members

View PostLonewolfpj, on 15 May 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

People are getting really upset over nothing. You don't need to buy anything to get the Bismarck. Then if you don't want to pay a lot for the Hood then you can wait. I remember when they only sold ships in big bundles. Would you rather us go back to that?

Ppl are getting upset if they feel milked. Of course you don't have to buy the first bundle if you don't want to.

But this is about customer experience and perception. A field were this company shows occasionally room for improvement 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users