Fletcher - Best Torpedo Boat

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Jnobsir #21 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostUmikami, on 16 May 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

you're not

Maybe I'm just biased by how much easier I've always found it to pop Gearing's when in my Missouri and Minotaur. I fear a Gearing far less then a Fletcher simply because of how much easier it is to kill one.

Sure it gains an extra gun, but that doesn't really seem worth the trade off for worse maneuverability and increase vulnerability to AP shells. Especially Battleship AP shells.

Are there other advantages the Gearing has over the Fletcher that I am simply unaware of?

Edited by Jnobsir, 16 May 2017 - 01:26 PM.

Greetings, I am Sir J. Nobsir, Knight of the Table which was once Square, The Esteemed Duke of Somewhere Else, Lord of the Shining Seas, Admiral of the Red Swedish Fish, Baron of Barn-doors, Defender of the Alliance, Conqueror of Catan, Door Keeper of Downtown, Earl of Eating Utensils, Protector of the Prune turned Potato, Man Slightly Qualified to Potentially Lead Some Kind of Expedition, Overload of Overthinking, Prince of Powder-kegs, Croissant Connoisseur and Overall Master of Ludicrous and Stupid Self Bestowed Titles.

bullittmcqueen #22 Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostJnobsir, on 16 May 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Maybe I'm just biased by how much easier I've always found it to pop Gearing's when in my Missouri and Minotaur. I fear a Gearing far less then a Fletcher simply because of how much easier it is to kill one.

Sure it gains an extra gun, but that doesn't really seem worth the trade off for worse maneuverability and increase vulnerability to AP shells. Especially Battleship AP shells.

Are there other advantages the Gearing has over the Fletcher that I am simply unaware of?

Slightly better guns because +1 turret and they are in a forward configuration. You can face other DDs head on whereas in the Fletcher you need to go more broadside in typical USN DD fashion. Slightly more base HP. Slightly longer smoke.

Otherwise, Fletcher is superior to Gearing in all other areas. Better torps, better maneuverability. Better AA.

silverdahc #23 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm a true Destroyer Main 

I do love the Fletcher it's a keeper

Z46 versus the Fletcher I take the z46

I'm not saying that the Fletcher can't do it I'm just saying z46 does more

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Umikami #24 Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:11 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

View PostJnobsir, on 16 May 2017 - 12:35 PM, said:

many players love the torps; it has good maneuverability; rapid rotation on turrets; good speed.

trouble is, you are comparing it to possibly the best all around DD in the game; you would be hard pressed to live on the difference!

I enjoy Gearing more than Fletcher because of my playstyle, which I admit is overly aggressive and often results in my early death.

Maybe it's just personality; I like Gearing more.

They are both damn fine ships, and sticking with Fletcher would never be seen as a mistake,

but not giving Gearing a chance would be denying yourself an interesting and rewarding playing experience.

JochenHeiden #25 Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I get 4K salvo hits on gearings with my Z-46 every 3.6 seconds. Love killing Gearings. 

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

chewonit #26 Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Ensign

• Beta Testers

View PostJochenHeiden, on 18 May 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

I get 4K salvo hits on gearings with my Z-46 every 3.6 seconds. Love killing Gearings. 

With APs?

BB's camping is a disease. And Type 93's are the cure.

JochenHeiden #27 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View Postchewonit, on 18 May 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

With APs?

Absolutely with AP!  

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users