Your introduction to the varies lines of WoWS Ship classes and nations

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TacticalCheeseburger #1 Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

This is your Formal guide to the Ships of World of Warships.

Lets start with the Japanese.

JAPANESE :

Japanese Carriers : The Japanese Carriers pride themselves on excellent Torpedoes and Fighters, though their planes are weak, they are significantly faster than Americans. 

Japanese Battleships : Japanese Battleships enjoy excellent Armour Piercing shells, as well as exceptional Citadel, Belt and Upper deck armour, later tiers American shells can do some good damage if the Japanese Ship isn't angled correctly.  These ships suffer from Long range detection after Tier 6.

Japanese Cruisers : Japanese Cruisers from Tier 1 to 5 enjoy excellent speeds, long range Torpedoes and mediocre High Explosive. They have mediocre to Poor Armour. From Tier 6 to 10, They Enjoy excellent High Explosive, Belt armour and Torpedoes. 

Japanese Destroyers : Japanese DD's (destroyers) enjoy exceptionally low detection range and incredible long range torpedoes. The Cons to this line is poor gun Rotation, poor gun Reload time, and slow torpedoes. 

AMERICANS

American Carriers : American Carries pride themselves on strong, high speed planes. They have poor Torpedoes but excellent Dive Bombers. Their fighters are currently unmatched.

American Battleships : American Battleships enjoy 14 inch to 16 inch Cannons through the entire line. From Tier 7 and up, at an improper angle, Japanese, and German Battleships can punch through their bow armour due to it being poor. The Tier 7 Ship, Colorado also suffers from whats known as "Turtle Syndrome." It's very slow moving and makes for easy pickings from Cruisers. Their AP is almost Unmatched.

American Cruisers : American Cruisers enjoy high rates of fire for their Cannons, as well as Alright AA. Their AP is almost unmatched. Cons of this line are that only 2-4 ships carry shipboard Torpedo Launchers.

American Destroyers : Poor Torpedo Range though excellent Torp Speed. Pride themselves on being able to bring a Gun to a knife fight. Excellent reload time on ship board weaponry as well as turret rotation from Tier 4 to 10.

GERMANS

German Battleships : German Battleships pride themselves on what they were, Technological superiority. These ships sport excellent turtleback armour to protect their Citadels, Excellent Armour Piercing rounds, but poor Range. They are Brawlers. The Tier 8 Battleship, Bismarck, and up can be built with a Secondary build, allowing them to fight at a range of over 9 Kilometers from a target. These ships come with Hydro-acoustic Search. These ships suffer from Long range detection after Tier 8.

German Cruisers : Pride themselves on excellent maneuverability as well as speed, Their AP is almost unmatched in their line, only being beaten in some aspects by England, Japan and the US. They sport a rather serious problem of a Large Citadel though, much like the American Tier 9 battleship, Iowa, Missouri and even the Tier 10 Montana. These ships come with Hydro-acoustic Search.

German Destroyers : Fast, Maneuverable little ships, Priding themselves on the ability to sneak undetected through rather hostile water. Torp range and speed is mediocre, some of these ships come equip with Hydro-Acoustics. 

USSR/RUSSIA

Russian Cruisers : These ships EXCEL on High Explosive spam, alright short range Torpedoes, and pretty ok Armour. They're a formidable opponent for any Destroyers who thinks of sneaking up on them. Their AP seems sufficient, though it lacks in the penetration department most times. 

Russian Destroyers : USSR Destroyers pride themselves on alright guns, short range torps and a very low detectability range. Towards the higher tiers, gun rotation, reload and torp range become much more sufficient. These ships make excellent scouts for lighting up the enemy team.  aka NO RUSSIAN BIAS HERE TOVARISCH )))))))))))) (they're actually pretty much stealthy, smaller Light cruisers lmbo)

ENGLAND

British Light Cruisers : British CL's pride themselves on their incredibly fast turbines, getting up to full speed within the opening seconds of a match. These ships all come with 152mm Cannons, minus I believe the Tier 1 and 2. The British ships enjoy Timed Fuse Armoured Piercing shells, meaning they dig in then detonate, causing damage more so than just a simple penetration. Cruiser Belfast, the Premium Tier 7 British CL does come with HE. All ships minus the Belfast come with the ability to repair, as well as Torpedoes which can be fired as a Salvo, or individually. they sport excellent AA, Maneuverability, but suffer from poor Armour, so stay out of the line of sight of Battleships.

FRANCE

French Cruisers : French Cruisers are kind of a mash of up everything. They sport mediocre armour, alright guns, alright reload times, somewhat ok Torpedoes, but after Tier 6 and up, I believe they become Heavy Cruisers and are outfitted with Speed boosts, much like on the Destroyers.

I will not get into the ARP ships, The Commonwealth, Poland, Pan-Asia or Italy just yet. As every ship in those nations is a Premium, some which you cannot buy any more.

DEAR FRIENDS WHO READ THIS. If you see anything that is wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. This is by my own experience within the game.

By TacticalCheeseburger. 

Edited by TacticalCheeseburger, 17 May 2017 - 01:59 AM.

"Judge not the Atomic Bomb for it was Man who killed the World." - Unknown.

"Our escape was always a Luxury Miss, and circumstances now dictate it is one we can no longer afford, I'm sorry, but today we find out what doing our duty really means."-Commander Malouse, Clear Skies Part 3.

TenguBlade #2 Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

IJN BBs suffer from bad concealment after T9?  Fuso and her 18.9km surface detection range want a word with you.

French CAs also get engine boost from T6 onwards.

Edited by TenguBlade, 14 May 2017 - 11:30 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

TacticalCheeseburger #3 Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostTenguBlade, on 14 May 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

IJN BBs suffer from bad concealment after T9?  Fuso and her 18.9km surface detection range want a word with you.

French CAs also get engine boost from T6 onwards.

Fixed, thank you. :)

"Our escape was always a Luxury Miss, and circumstances now dictate it is one we can no longer afford, I'm sorry, but today we find out what doing our duty really means."-Commander Malouse, Clear Skies Part 3.

Doomlock #4 Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

IJN torps boast the highest alpha strikes in the game, and the F3's, the highest speed period.

US AP is great because it penetrates far better that other shells due to their weight, they aren't called superheavy for nothing.

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Doom lord of HiNon: Purveyor of ship knowledge.

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

Lert #5 Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:16 AM

Admiral

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

German battleships have a middling belt thickness, but a turtleback behind it that protects their citadel.

(Above stats not guaranteed accurate. I'm a supertester and test ships don't always register correctly)

Ship hipster: I liked Alabama before it was cool

Jaegerpuppy8 #6 Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:21 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Various, not Varies.    Your introduction to the varies lines of WoWS Ship classes and nations

templar627 #7 Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I wouldn't really class Russian destroyers as dds with "alright guns" and "low detectability". They're more like stealthy cruisers than actual dds. 

garfield001 #8 Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Allow me to comment on the various cruisers descriptions, as this is the class I played the most and that I'm the most familiar with, and I think you made a few mistakes about them.

Japan: They have very good torpedoes all throughout the line. They are also the first to get 203 mm guns at tier 5. They are generally quite fragile with a big citadel. However, they are the most versatile cruisers in the game. I'm also not sure why you say low tier have bad HE. I've always found them to be fine.

USA: I wouldn't say they generally have high rate of fire. Some of them do, like the Des Moines, but in general they are either slow or average. They have great AP. Their national flavor is their great AA. Some ships in this line are even no fly zones. Most of them don't carry torpedoes. Lastly, they have the radar consumable at higher tiers.

Germany: They have great AP and crappy HE. This is a hard to play line because a lot of them are fragile and the reliance on AP. Later ships in the line are more tough though. They also have the special German Hydroacoustic Search. Lastly, they have average torpedoes.

Russia: As you mentionned, they are great long range HE spammers. They have pretty bad armor and very short ranged torpedoes. I also find that this line is the one that all ships feel the same from tier 6 to 9. At higher tiers, they can also carry Radar, which is a great too against DDs.

United Kingdom: These cruisers can only shoot AP. They get the healing ability early on, instead of getting it at tier 9 like other cruisers. They even get a better version of the repair consumable starting at tier 8. Lastly, they carry a smoke, which allows them to hide. Because of all these particularities, these cruisers are very unique compared to all the other lines. I think it's also interesting to mention that they have pretty bad armor, but they have great acceleration and some of the best AA in the game, even if they can't have the DFAA consumable.

France: I haven't played them much yet, but so far they have crappy armor and generally good speed (although some of them are fairly slow). Their big unique trait is the Speed Boost consumable, which is usually avalaible on DDs only. Their shells slows down a lot over distance, making it harder to hit at long range.

TacticalCheeseburger #9 Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:26 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostJaegerpuppy8, on 15 May 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Various, not Varies.    Your introduction to the varies lines of WoWS Ship classes and nations

English isn't my first language and I actually didn't catch taht until you pointed it out. Thanks x3

KDEstroy #10 Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostTacticalCheeseburger, on 14 May 2017 - 11:16 PM, said:

USSR Destroyers pride themselves on alright guns, short range torps and a very low detectability range.

Actually they consistently have the worst concealment and the best guns of any destroyer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users