US BB captain skills

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Reymu #1 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

Commander

• Members

Expecting to use Seagal for T8-10, camping Monty, and just got Missouri.

DCF isn't getting much mileage, so thinking of switching to SA v2, seeing at the Expert Loader won't be useful much. Running EM/SI/CE with probably manual AA as my next skill.

Simply wondering if DE/BoS/BFT are worth considering.

Always down for helping anyone learn. Hands-on guy, so I'll division with ya and observe how you're handling your ship. Click orange contacts button, use search bar for player's name, and right-click to add.

Jnobsir #2 Posted 13 May 2017 - 04:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Here is my current Missouri captain. It isn't the ideal set up, but I'm running my kill everything that flies, death to all aircraft, CV's leave me alone N. Cal Captain. Its my only 19 point USN captain and I'm grinding free captain xp.

Spoiler

Fire prevention probable would have been a better choice over Manual AA considering the lack of CV's at high tier.  Either that or dropping Manual AA to grab EM and high alert.

Not having expert marksmen can be a pain sometimes, but the faster reload offered by adrenaline rush is worth the trade, in my opinion.

Greetings, I am Sir J. Nobsir, Knight of the Table which was once Square, The Esteemed Duke of Somewhere Else, Lord of the Shining Seas, Admiral of the Red Swedish Fish, Baron of Barn-doors, Defender of the Alliance, Conqueror of Catan, Door Keeper of Downtown, Earl of Eating Utensils, Protector of the Prune turned Potato, Man Slightly Qualified to Potentially Lead Some Kind of Expedition, Overload of Overthinking, Prince of Powder-kegs, Croissant Connoisseur and Overall Master of Ludicrous and Stupid Self Bestowed Titles.

TenguBlade #3 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Expert Loader is very useful on either Iowa, Missouri, or Montana.  Especially with Seagal's improved version - while there aren't many situations in which just emptying the barrels will hurt you, there are a lot where quick-swapping ammo would yield a much better result.  You'd be surprised how many people will fall for the "use HE to bait broadside" tactic.  Hell, me falling victim to it is why I use Expert Loader on both my Monty captain and Seagal.  I'm considering giving it to my New Mexico commander as well since T6 is another tier where you are a lot of your shells bouncing off of bow-on people.

Edited by TenguBlade, 14 May 2017 - 06:22 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users