I Am Disappoint

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

TenguBlade #1 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:41 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

This is why DDs aren't fun in Co-op, WG.  The moment you're spotted the enemy team flings a wall of HE at you.  Fortunately I was in a ship that can stealth-torp...barely.

Posted Image

Not bad, but by all rights it could have been much better if you take a look at the team lineups - notably without ending in me dying to a posse of battleships.  Blyskawica might have decent torps, but she's a gunboat first and foremost.  Except you can't fire your guns without being focused down.

Posted Image

If you're curious, the reason I died was because I got greedy and fired another salvo the instant my smoke lifted.  I got detonated by the first hit.

Edited by TenguBlade, 13 May 2017 - 06:41 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

_WaveRider_ #2 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

Ensign

• Members

Yep, 110,000 in my Faragut yesterday but that is being completely selfish with smoke!

If I smoke/spot (unselfish), or fire once then cue the great chase across the map as the AI goes DD crazy as soon as it sees me.

Very good training for DDs that require stealth, but for gunboat DDs ouch. Even with stealth DDs it can get a little boring with such a DD focussed AI.

(Although it still scares me when WG state they have plans for CoOp). :honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_, 13 May 2017 - 08:46 AM.

ExploratorOne #3 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Someone mentioned in another post that it is not specifically DD's, it is actually the weakest or lowest HP target the AI focuses on.  Informal testing this evening seems to bear that out.

RivertheRoyal #4 Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

Captain

• Members

View PostExploratorOne, on 13 May 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

Someone mentioned in another post that it is not specifically DD's, it is actually the weakest or lowest HP target the AI focuses on.  Informal testing this evening seems to bear that out.

Get spotted in a CV. That will prove this theory false. 

They prioritize the DD and CV classes above others. 

TenguBlade #5 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:21 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostExploratorOne, on 13 May 2017 - 02:06 AM, said:

Nope.  It's CV > DD > CA > BB, then it goes by the lowest-tier ship visible.  Basically punishing you even harder for being uptiered than Randoms.  However, if the AI is already fighting a closer target of the same class, or one that is lower on the prioritization list, then they won't switch if a lower-tier ship enters their view.

Edited by TenguBlade, 13 May 2017 - 08:23 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

JochenHeiden #6 Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

You died in a coop. By bots.  Delete this game and never play again!

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

FlashTX1 #7 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

:nerv_fish:

Former US Navy, (11 yrs) Nuclear MM1(ELT) (SW), Emerald Shellback (Crossing the Equator at 0 Longitude, 0 Latitude), Magellan (Sailing a ship around the world), Golden Dragon (Crossing the International Date LIne), Order of the Rock (Transiting the Straits of Gibraltar), served 1 yr. on USS Boulder LST-1190 and  5 yrs. on USS TEXAS CGN-39. 

Herr_Reitz #8 Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

Captain

• Beta Testers

To my mind, playing DD in pvE is the toughest challenge.  The bots are very good at dodging... too good really, much better than most players. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users