A Guide to Torpedoes and How to Use them in WoWs

how to torpedo how to use torpedoes how to ijn torp bote torp botes torpy mctorpface

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

UrPeaceKeeper #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:51 AM

Ensign

• Supertester

Hey guys, after many, many, many requests, I've finally put together a How to video for torpedo aiming and launching.  We start off by discussing the common attack patterns and then move the discussion to how those attack patterns tie into map awareness!

There are plenty of examples provided in the video of how I launch torpedoes at targets doing various things!

Did you learn something or was I completely off base? :)  Let me know!

Ever wondered how to play a USN BB or USN DD's?  Or maybe you just want to watch some fun WoWs videos?  Have I got the videos for you! Check out my YouTube channel here for How to Videos and More:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Whiskey11Gaming

hangglide42 #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Very nice! The inclusion of torpedo tactics in various game situations (I.e. Accounting for likely enemy movements - not necessarily aiming at the indicator) should be very helpful to both newer and even more veteran DD and torpedo cruiser players.

_WaveRider_ #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

Ensign

• Members

Great vid Peacekeeper!

With all the things that can spot DDs and their torps nowadays, it could probably leave a new player thinking 'so what did I do wrong?' When in fact they did nothing wrong, it was just another ship, a spotter, a fighter, a CV plane, Hydro, Radar (spotting the DD itself within torp range), Vigilance, a ship with good rudder/turning radius, torps that are slow, torps that are easy to spot....well just something that wasn't to do with them, so to speak.

A good video on the basics will probably help many new players get to grips with a class that is a little less forgiving than others. +1 :honoring:

bad_arcade_kitty #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

Captain

• Members

why does wg love the word "super" so much

supertester, superunicum, it sounds pretty childish

superunicum is especially hilarious because the word unicum is already hilarious

be kind to torpedo girls - scratching, pouncing, butt wiggling, tsundere kittens of the fleet!

MrDeaf #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:30 AM

Admiral

• Members

I think you needed more picture diagrams of ideal positions for skirmish situations.

Like where is the ideal position for your DD when the BBs get their antlers locked

Yes, being the flank, with juicy broadsides exposed towards you, gives you the best launch angles.

However, not all DDs are good at reaching this position due to top speed issues and whatnot.

Now with more Youtube.

Subscribe to this thread for latest videos: http://forum.worldof...youtube-videos/

The Corgiolis Effect: When you notice you need more torpedoes on your ship

SireneRacker #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

Captain

• Members

Most important Torpedo basic, regardless of nation or Tier:

Torpedoes don't make a difference between friend or foe, they always explode on impact. So watch our where you fire them and check for your teammates. Expect your team to consist of braindead noobs, act accordingly. Don't fire if there is the risk of hitting an ally.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

bad_arcade_kitty #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Members

they do

they magically hurt friendly ships like two times less

Edited by bad_arcade_kitty, 12 May 2017 - 10:48 AM.

be kind to torpedo girls - scratching, pouncing, butt wiggling, tsundere kittens of the fleet!

SireneRacker #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Captain

• Members

View Postbad_arcade_kitty, on 12 May 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

they do

they magically hurt friendly ships like two times less

Yet they will damage them, and since it's in most cases (at least for the few times I didn't pay attention) a Destroyer we are still speaking about half of the health being lost. And I was talking about the Torpedo dealing damage in general since they will explode, and a Flooding is always one of the last things you want in your ship.

Edited by SireneRacker, 12 May 2017 - 10:50 AM.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Seamus_44 #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Like pepper spay, it's often easier to hit a friendly than the bad guy....

UrPeaceKeeper #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

Ensign

• Supertester

Those ships with "special considerations" due to speed, I generally cover in How to Play series where that information is best left, specifically for those ships rather than in a generic video showing ideal launch setups.  This video was about things to consider when launching torpedoes to maximize hits on target, not necessarily getting into position to launch them.  :)  

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper, 12 May 2017 - 06:05 PM.

Ever wondered how to play a USN BB or USN DD's?  Or maybe you just want to watch some fun WoWs videos?  Have I got the videos for you! Check out my YouTube channel here for How to Videos and More:

Sabot_100 #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Good information. Thanks

Vaitmana #12 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Thanks for the video, I play for these kinds of moments :D ->

Spoiler

Edited by Vaitmana, 12 May 2017 - 09:40 PM.

UrPeaceKeeper #13 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Ensign

• Supertester

View PostVaitmana, on 12 May 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the video, I play for these kinds of moments :D ->

Spoiler

Oh yeah!  Those are definetely my favorite moments!  Had one with a Montana and an Amagi. Was pretty close to a double strike with twin devastating strike by the Amagi escaped with like 2k hp and was sunk moments later by a battleship. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users