What percentage of players have activity on the forums?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Elo_J_Fudpucker #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

...What percentage of active players have activity on the forums?.. what percentage of those people are active weekly?

​It'd be interesting to see...

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)
+ + + Gold Camo FXP Flags PTime !!

Pulicat #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

Commander

• Members

Not many.

Even less.

FlashTX1 #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

Yes, I would love to see that number, I'm guessing less than 1 % of players get on the forums.

Former US Navy, (11 yrs) Nuclear MM1(ELT) (SW), Emerald Shellback (Crossing the Equator at 0 Longitude, 0 Latitude), Magellan (Sailing a ship around the world), Golden Dragon (Crossing the International Date LIne), Order of the Rock (Transiting the Straits of Gibraltar), served 1 yr. on USS Boulder LST-1190 and  5 yrs. on USS TEXAS CGN-39. 

Elo_J_Fudpucker #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

... I ask mostly because there are threads where people say "everyone thinks "the subject" sucks and why doesn't WG listen to the people. My guess is that we represent a very small percentage of the player base.

Warships today
Xmas boxes = 19 different ships Emden(x2) Ishizuchi Marblehead Murmansk Arizona Molotov Anshan Indianapolis
Blyskawica Warspite Atlanta Sims Texas(x3) LoYang Nikolai Atago Tirpitz(x2) Gremaschchy Scharnhorst(x2)

RedSeaBear #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Its been said before that a small numbers of players post here in the forums.

I've had people tell me they like my forum posts in battle All chat and I don't recognize them. 

So while there must be a lot of players who don't visit the forums there are a lot of lurkers who just read through our ramblings.

If I had to guess the reason so many people don't join into the forum discussion here is the sign some one put up over the door. 

Abandon all hope ye who inter here. 

:trollface: 

~Admiral of the Sinksalot Fleet~

ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Make Super Containers Great Again

Zim_Xero #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Thats a no-brainer.  The forum page lists the number online on the forum, and the game lists the number online in the game.  Ballpark Estimate:   About a third of all players go the the forum once or more when they play.    Most players who read the forum have never posted... only around  33% have posted 1 or more times.     Keep in mind that most players logged into the forum are actually playing the game or are AFK.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Bismarck   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

WanderingGhost #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostElo_J_Fudpucker, on 11 May 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

... I ask mostly because there are threads where people say "everyone thinks "the subject" sucks and why doesn't WG listen to the people. My guess is that we represent a very small percentage of the player base.

A relatively small portion, yes, however when some of us say "x sucks, everyone says so" don't just mean us on the forums, as some of us base it off the forums and what we see in game. Example, when I talk about manual drops, it's not just my opinion and observation, while it is yes, a good part of it, but I remember a time when at least half a dozen threads a day by newer CV players balked about it, the countless I see still in game chat because when TB's get through AA, they are dropping torps too close to be dodged despite attempts to turn in to them when even average at best players lime me account for it and blow them out of the water, on rare occasion, literally. We may be the minority, and sometimes, voice the views of the minority, however, there are times that despite us being the minority, we are actually voicing the views of the majority through what we see in in game chat. Because for various reasons, not everyone comes to the forums.

Macabe #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:28 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

I'd guess 1-2% of the playerbase actually frequents the forum.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

bassmasta76 #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I played the game for 4 or 5 months before starting to pay closer attention to the forums.  I didnt really start posting for a little longer.  

I think a lot of players don't care or are oblivious to this place.  

Personally, I like our little community, and there is certainly a wealth of knowledge and interesting characters here :).  Im glad I joined.

B

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

I feel like I saw Pigeon mention that % before... would be neat info for sure.
Stats

awiggin #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:25 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostMacabe, on 11 May 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

Last time WG gave us numbers it was pretty small, so you're likely close to the number.

But it does paint a stark picture of the lack of involvement of the player base.

Edited by awiggin, 12 May 2017 - 03:25 AM.

PhotoNinja101 #12 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I game approximately two hours each day, but check the Forums once a week (and mostly on Friday's). I don't recall ever starting a thread, and generally just offer my opinion when a thread strikes a cord with me (such as the Campaign for the Plush Torpedo thread).

aethervox #13 Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostMacabe, on 11 May 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

View Postawiggin, on 11 May 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

Last time WG gave us numbers it was pretty small, so you're likely close to the number.

But it does paint a stark picture of the lack of involvement of the player base.

Undoubtedly, very few. So this means a miniscule number of players attempt to give WoWS developers feedback on the game.

Of this miniscule number of Forum posters look at the number who complain (I prefer the term 'whine') about all manner of stupidities.

For example, the complaining about maps, especially Ocean, which is now a rare appearance (a mistake, imho, by WoWS caving into 'whiners').

For example, the complaining about CVs, especially the ignorant players who equate CVs with WoT artillery (rofl).

For example, the complaining about any particular ship (pick the name of your choice) and some ignorant player will complain (whine) that 'this or that' on their chosen ship is 'too powerful or not powerful enough' (gag reflex here).

I'm glad that some effort is being made by WoWS (and some if its employees) to gather feedback from the players - the players who care enough to post (even if some of the complaining is just 'whining').

This is just the 'chaff' from threshing the wheat (so to speak, lol).

It would be nice to think us 1%ers actually do influence, somewhat, what WoWS introduces into the game.

PS: +1 for Pulicat's humourous response, lol.

Edited by aethervox, 24 May 2017 - 04:33 PM.

Pigeon_of_War #14 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

Assistant Producer

• Developers

I did mention this publicly once before, so I suppose it's ok to say again:

About 5%-8% of active players comment on this forum.

(Main Avatar created by xtcmax)

(Signature avatar created by Kombat_W0MBAT)

Follow me on Twitter
Find us on Facebook!

Carrier_Ikoma #15 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

...Higher than I expected TBH...

The Balance devs are seeking

Elo_J_Fudpucker #16 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 24 May 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

​Thank you for the answer...  and that is a fractional percentage of the actual users..

​What about... breaking it down... without going to deep  is their a correlation between how much a person plays and their activity here? Are their other interesting data points about the forum user base in relation to the game user base.

​I brought his up because I do believe that the amount of posts here, where people claim that "everyone feels this way or that, why....  can't you see all the posts??" , are mostly irrelevant in terms of what the user base actually wants.

cheers

Warships today

Wowzery #17 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

Commander

• Members

View PostPigeon_of_War, on 24 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

No wonder I rarely bump into any forum members.

212thAttackBattalion #18 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Ensign

• Members

View PostWowzery, on 25 May 2017 - 05:40 AM, said:

No wonder I rarely bump into any forum members.

But when we do run into eachother..... it is lots of fun lol

I really am just your average, every-man World of Warships player. My play style according to Warships today:

• Mostly plays cruisers, especially medium-tier and is very good in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Extremely rarely uses torpedoes
  • Key vehicle - Fiji

WolfmanJack99 #19 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:20 PM

Seaman

• Members

View PostElo_J_Fudpucker, on 24 May 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

​Thank you for the answer...  and that is a fractional percentage of the actual users..

​What about... breaking it down... without going to deep  is their a correlation between how much a person plays and their activity here? Are their other interesting data points about the forum user base in relation to the game user base.

​I brought his up because I do believe that the amount of posts here, where people claim that "everyone feels this way or that, why....  can't you see all the posts??" , are mostly irrelevant in terms of what the user base actually wants.

cheers

...and then if you could go ahead and break it down by region, race, and sex that'd be greaaaat, thanks.  :popcorn:

:trollface:

Edited by WolfmanJack99, 24 May 2017 - 08:21 PM.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."
-Sun Tzu

light.png

http://na.warshipstoday.com/signature/1003540199/light.png

SireneRacker #20 Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:24 PM

Captain

• Members

View PostElo_J_Fudpucker, on 24 May 2017 - 08:21 PM, said:

Statements like 'everyone thinks that....' have in most cases been false, regardless of how few players actually use the Forum. For example the hate caused by Alabama, many people were like 'all of us are disapppointed' (check the Locked Thread Archive), yet it was falso. As long as there is one person who is against this point of view the usage of words like 'everyone' is unjustified. And since no one here can say in all honesty that they asked 100% of the playerbase no one will be able to speak for the entire playerbase.

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users