Should there be a Destruction Derby Mode

mode destruction kill no caps

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Should there be a Destruction Derby Mode (18 members have cast votes)

Should there be a destruction mode?

1. Yes (14 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. No (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Should ship types have different "kill" values?

1. No, all classes are worth the same (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Yes, a kill to a CV or BB is worth more than a kill to a CA or DD (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

NCC1701PS #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Seaman

• Members

Should WG add a destruction/kill ships mode?

The way I see it, it would work in a way similar to the team that has the most "kill points" in 20 minutes wins. to keep with the existing values for ships, killing a CV = 65, BB = 60, CA = 50, DD = 45. The main difference in this mode would be the lack of capture points, so no points would be scored doing nothing. My hope with this mode would be everyone has to participate and get involved in the battle to win, no sitting back and sniping.

Unabletony #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Training Room, but there isn't a mode for no points. That's the part where it would be challenging to play with in Training Room.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

tcbaker777 #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

one does not simply do destruction derbys with giant warships that costs million of dollars, but that did naval battles with them, thats what a warship destruction derby is, so, in a way, we already got that in game, except instead of crashing into each other, they shot at each other with big guns

Edited by tcbaker777, 12 May 2017 - 12:42 AM.

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

FlashTX1 #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

This would be a fun mode to add to the funky little boats we play games with from time to time.  No tiers just a demolition derby, but a race type demo derby, so you can use your guns and your ship to gain an advantage!  If you have ever been to a demolition derby where they are racing a figure 8 you will understand how much fun this could be!

Change this poll to a Demo Derby mode for the Funky game ships we play with for special events!

Edited by FlashTX1, 12 May 2017 - 01:04 AM.

Former US Navy, (11 yrs) Nuclear MM1(ELT) (SW), Emerald Shellback (Crossing the Equator at 0 Longitude, 0 Latitude), Magellan (Sailing a ship around the world), Golden Dragon (Crossing the International Date LIne), Order of the Rock (Transiting the Straits of Gibraltar), served 1 yr. on USS Boulder LST-1190 and  5 yrs. on USS TEXAS CGN-39. 

Lunarrise #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:30 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

When I first read the thread title, I was hoping for a mode where it was all about ramming. No guns, no torpedoes. Collision damage adjusted to be between instant death of enemy hits and the scraping scratch damage of friendly rams. Just a massive melee. :)

Capt_Binkley #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:53 AM

• Beta Testers

Good idea.

db4100 #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

• Members

I think we used have that type of battle.  I have about 6 early games that were ties, and I think that is why WG got rid of that battle mode.  When was the last time you were involved in a tie match?  I haven't since WG got rid or that battle mode.

KmsH44 #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:50 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

If you give everyone destroyers and disable guns and torps.... Sounds like a great idea! (I enjoy demolition derby quite a bit; especially the old kind where the cars were actually racing and mashing instead of just smashing each other.)

_Rumple_ #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Hate to be a grouch here, but if you want a demolition derby game, then buy some indie car game that supports that and have fun with it. This is world of warships and at least for me, the more realistic(with a nod to tweaks aimed at fair gameplay/balance) and historical WG can make it, the better I like it. 

I_Am_DreadgeNought #10 Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

"Sniping" is not the same thing as "Camping" as for many ships,  'Sniping' esp for some CAs and to a point BBs is the only "Right" way to play them vs larger groups of targets than can be fought head-on alone.

Once things are in the favor of a player's side,  THEN you move in on isolated targets.

(basic naval warfare)

As for the idea of a "Tickets" based game mode,   I do like the idea of having more complex  "Objectives" driven modes that are based more on 'respawns' from key points (like captured Shipyards),  with things to Kill or Take,  Like what "Bastion" mode was more meant to work like,  and "Conquest" could be if done like Armored Warfare's  "Global Ops" mode.

*but done right, lulz,  to have a working MM for the number of players queuing up accounted for. 

Also,  the idea that Ship Classes   and  Ship Tiers  would affect the value of Points Gained or Tickets Lost is great,

as it would allow more players in more ship tiers to fight in the same battles when populations are low.

"Glory to 'I Am' that I Am, and Bless'd be to 'I Am' that I Am, so Let it be that I Am All of Me."

Glory to the Truth, amen   >_<)'7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users