Why do CC's lie to us: the French cruisers.

French cruisers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Camo68 #21 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

French cruisers a like the mouthy little kid on a bike who stops 30 yards away from you a yells abuse. He will do it all day long but he always has a foot on the pedal to ensure that if you turn he can run because if he gets caught he is in a world of hurt.

The only difference is this kid has a napalm launcher.

My Current Ships

HazeGrayUnderway #22 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:00 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostCamo68, on 11 May 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

French cruisers a like the mouthy little kid on a bike who stops 30 yards away from you a yells abuse. He will do it all day long but he always has a foot on the pedal to ensure that if you turn he can run because if he gets caught he is in a world of hurt.

The only difference is this kid has a napalm launcher.

French Cruiser Fire % below Tier X aren't any special though.  They have longer range than is typical of many 203mm armed CAs for several tiers but their Fire%, shell arc, shell velocity isn't any special.  The lack of good shell velocity and arc is kind of a PITA for them even with that longer range.  Their best engagement ranges are still basically the same at around 15-16km... Just like USN & IJN CAs.

The Russian Cruisers with their spammier guns, long range, low shell arcs, extremely high shell velocities are the Napalm Launching Cruisers as a line.

Camo68 #23 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 12 May 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

French Cruiser Fire % below Tier X aren't any special though.  They have longer range than is typical of many 203mm armed CAs for several tiers but their Fire%, shell arc, shell velocity isn't any special.  The lack of good shell velocity and arc is kind of a PITA for them even with that longer range.  Their best engagement ranges are still basically the same at around 15-16km... Just like USN & IJN CAs.

The Russian Cruisers with their spammier guns, long range, low shell arcs, extremely high shell velocities are the Napalm Launching Cruisers as a line.

I'm not a good cruiser captain, just far too many bad habits from running DDs. Have not run my USSR cruisers in a year, got to Chappy and stalled. I have enjoyed going up the French line though so finishing the grind to Moskva might just be my next project.

My Current Ships

Fletcher7_1944 #24 Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

The comparison to German cruisers like Nurnberg is a pretty good analogy- I never thought of that.  It's been a while though.   They do play a bit like that; with the obvious differences of having good HE, and a balanced turret arrangement.   You have to be wary when you play them, because they won't stand for being focused- but anyone oblivious or foolish enough to ignore you is in for a world of hurt!

Wyatt_DERP85 #25 Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

While the community contributors are for the most part good players, they are playing ships cold without properly grinding the lines and getting accustomed to their play style and comparing it to ships they are seasoned veterans in. Also, a lot of times while stuff is work in progress. Often times they change their opinion when they grind the line more thoroughly. Id never rush ahead because of their work in progress or day of launch impressions from a CC but I'll definitely watch their videos as much as I can to stay informed and entertained.

Also tagged with French cruisers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users