Why do CC's lie to us: the French cruisers.

French cruisers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

dEsTurbed1 #1 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

I am up to tier 5, almost tier 6.

From the beginning, most community contributes posted videos and commentary about how weak and fragile these cruisers are. They question why WG even released them.

Tier 1, I got 6 citadel in a match...woth practice HE.

Tier 2, range was good, he strong.

Tier 3, airplane and todos?

Tier 4, AP citadel from 10 km? Weak?

Tier 5, bouncing Kongo AP from 7 km?

Starting fires almost every salvo...

Maneuverable. 

And I got high caliber, 113k damage, my first one in months.

Now if a 48% potato can fall in love and do well in these ships, it is obvious that CC'S wanted to hide the secret these ships held...

I say make them walk the plank for their lies....

(Some sarcasm my be present, performance is real though)

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

Unabletony #2 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:35 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Maybe the French love you back..~

You might've clicked in very well with the French. iChase did comment on how the tier 8 was like a cousin of Mogami with that fire chance.

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

Rolkatsuki #3 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

French cruisers, because making french toast out of enemy BBs has never being so easy 

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

TenguBlade #4 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:43 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Keep in mind that CC opinion is most likely slightly-biased because they tend to get focused down whenever they're in a match - in a new ship especially.  Thus they're more acute to the defensive weaknesses of a ship than most players.

Edited by TenguBlade, 11 May 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

HazeGrayUnderway #5 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:07 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

All Cruisers are fragile.

wdarkk #6 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 11 May 2017 - 01:07 AM, said:

All Cruisers are fragile.

Pretty much. I've tanked a million damage in my Algerie, but that's mostly pulling hard evasive maneuvers.

Zim_Xero #7 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

New lines must be released at a competitive basis or even slightly over-powered.  Otherwise, no one will pursue the new line.  The simple truth is that any super OP ships will get nerfed after release.  IF the line is OP compared to other lines, it will only get equalized with time... through power creep... as other lines ships get buffed.

Tier V -   Konig   Kongo   Furutaka   Zuiho   Texas   Marbelhead   Okhotnik   Kamikaze   

Tier VI -  Budyonny   Aoba   Leander   Arizona   Anshan   Dunkerque   Graf Spee   Warspite

Tier VII - Algerie   Gneisenau   Shiratsuyu   Fiji   Saipan   Leningrad   Scharnhorst   Atlanta   Hood   Belfast   Blyskawica

Tier VIII+  Z-46   Grozovoi   Khabarovsk   Shokaku   Missouri   Atago   Alabama   Tirpitz   Lo Yang   Mikhail Kutuzov

Macabe #8 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

When watching or reading a CC's review you need to recognize that they are doing nothing more than relaying their experiences and opinions to you. Your experiences can and most likely will vary.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

risk1000 #9 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:24 AM

Seaman

• Members

Im at tier 6 and struggling to get a win . so far ive not decided if its worth the rest of the way to 10.

WanderingGhost #10 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

View PostTenguBlade, on 10 May 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Keep in mind that CC opinion is most likely slightly-biased because they tend to get focused down whenever they're in a match - in a new ship especially.  Thus they're more acute to the defensive weaknesses of a ship than most players.

This, so much this, made even ST a pain on public server. 

dEsTurbed1 #11 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:35 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostRolkatsuki, on 10 May 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

French cruisers, because making french toast out of enemy BBs has never being so easy 

so true, so true.

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

dEsTurbed1 #12 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostTenguBlade, on 10 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

true, but there is some sarcasm in my post.

I watch 6 or 7 different Youtubers , so i take what i hear and see and form my own opinions. 

Now I thought the French would be A LOT squishier than they are.

I thought AP would not be effective past 7 km.

I thought HE would be weaker.

So the joys of the French are a real suprise.

dEsTurbed1 #13 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostMacabe, on 10 May 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

When watching or reading a CC's review you need to recognize that they are doing nothing more than relaying their experiences and opinions to you. Your experiences can and most likely will vary.

I do...it is a bit better than the first golden age when it would take them hours to get enough footage due to being focused on so hard.

Now I think they don't get focused down as much as ST do.

BladedPheonix #14 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester

View PostMacabe, on 10 May 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

not only that, but they aren't always able to make update videos when WG changes the ships' characteristics!:read_fish: 

Edited by BladedPheonix, 11 May 2017 - 02:06 AM.

Zero_Kelvin #15 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Always remember: Paint the French girl right, and they will love you forever. Paint them wrong and they will paint the sea red with blood from your still beating heart.

- A Jilted French Cruiser Player

Edited by Zero_Kelvin, 11 May 2017 - 02:19 AM.

Fletcher7_1944 #16 Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Agreed- I almost didn't bother to try them.  Almost.

Playing was instant love!  Blasted through the tier 1 in a single match.  Multiple citadels gotten.  Tier 2 took only a couple of games- more citadels.  Tier 3 I loved so much, it's a keeper ship.  I'm halfway through 4, and loving it, too.  Can't wait for the higher tier ones where they actually get "powerful" lol!

I have no "good" French captains- my best is just barely 7 points- so there will be no free xp-ing.  I want to enjoy each ship!

Ericson38 #17 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm so bad in T6, that I keep playing it and almost laugh at it. Bull hull, all upgrades, 6 pt captain. Seems out of element. They took some gun output and lowered the speed and gave you two torps per side, at 9 km. No heal, no smoke. compared to Edinburg, what is the draw to this line, or is this intentional feeder HP to the other ships ?

Edited by Ericson38, 11 May 2017 - 08:18 PM.

centarina #18 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I was meh on t5, but t4 and t6 has been fine.    t6 has enough range and decent enough gun to be viable.       you do need to run LS though as you lose rudder a lot.    after 6 match grinding upgrades, it is my best performing Cruiser at t6.  

Edited by centarina, 11 May 2017 - 11:12 PM.

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

Ericson38 #19 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postcentarina, on 11 May 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

I was meh on t5, but t4 and t6 has been fine.    t6 has enough range and decent enough gun to be viable.       you do need to run LS though as you lose rudder a lot.    after 6 match grinding upgrades, it is my best performing Cruiser.  

​My favorite is Cleveland, with 16 pt captain. Demo expert and IFHE are great help on Cleve's HE. Sets big fires fast. My French boat has rudder upgrade (mod 2). In last match just now Scharnhorst got me in 5 minutes battle time. They come at you, there is no trepidation from the red team on these boats. On other hand, I sank a Colorado with Cleve with fires and HE, but he got me first....then he sank 10 seconds later.

Edited by Ericson38, 11 May 2017 - 11:39 PM.

centarina #20 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

I haven't run a cleveland in a year, so I can't say much on it.  I did alright when I had her, but I am much better now.  didn't like the arc, but lot of pew pew.   Le Gal is more nurnberglike.   you have to play smart with cover and  distance and not get focused.  I burned down a Gnei yesterday, as well as kited a few ships.   but then I am used to running high tier CAs.    I only have 6 point captain on Le Gal and I am averaging over 50k  after 6 matches.  I just got it fully upgraded after 6 matches.    

Cleveland is bit more forgiving though for sure , especially at closer range.   12km is as close as I want to get to in most higher tier .   I do run  upgrade speed module and premium speed, so I can control my range pretty well.    speed change also allow me to be bit more elusive.     I am looking forward to algier though.    

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

Also tagged with French cruisers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users