Comprehensive Rules for Winning by GeneralDort

winning win rate battleship destroyer rules

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

publord #41 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:29 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 10 May 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Fine. Then you'll just be enabling the trolls, giving them exactly what they want, not to mention if you do it enough, you'll get smacked by WG as well. They keep track of that stuff. They have been known to ban in the past for that kind of stuff.

And people like you, are exactly the reason this game and community is becoming so damned toxic and disgusting.

He doesn't want to be intentionally TKed?

How horrible! Such vile behavior needs to be reported immediately!

WWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW #42 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

Ensign

• Members

View PostSweetsie, on 10 May 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

yet I'm 80%. very few are higher. 

you can't hold my jock strap son.  The only thing that is high on your end is your mental state.  Witch leads me to my next point.  Don't smoke crack. 

centarina #43 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

Rear Admiral

• Members

:P  I do break some of those rules.  

Rule 7:  I will follow  shima    fairly often in my udaloi  and rarely in my ibuki.     (further back on ibuki)    at least at the beginning of match and provide some cover.  

I also have trouble following  6 and 9 when I am heavily engaged.  very easy to overlook, esp 9.    it really is my last item on my priority list.       I also don't follow rule 15 :P

otherwise, not so bad a rule.   too bad last time I was on Gen Dort's team,  we lost badly.   

IJN: Mikasa,  Ichizuchi, Fuso, Amagi, Katori, kuma, Zao, Tachibana, KamikazeR, Shinonome, Shiratsuyu, Akizuki, Yugumo PA Anshan  

VFM: Aurora,Svietlana,  Murmansk, Budyonny, Chapayev, D.Donskoi, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent, Udaloi, Khab  FRDougay T, Le Gal

USN:   New York, North Carolina,Phoenix,  Marblehead,  Indianapolis, Baltimore,  Farragut, Sims,Benson,Fletcher, Bogue    RN Leander, Edinburgh   

KM:  Konig Albert, Bayern, Graf Spee, Gneisenau, Bismarck, FDG, Emden, Karlsruhe  , Roon, Lib Maas         ARP: Kongo, Myoko, Haruna, Kirishima, Ashigara, Hiei, Haguro,  Nachi, Takao

Notser Certified Potato

alexbennedict #44 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

Seaman

• Beta Testers

View PostSweetsie, on 10 May 2017 - 12:09 AM, said:

Says the guy that plays solo 4% of the time. Look his stats up on NA.warships, he plays solo 4% of his games. his solo wr drops 20% vs his division games. Should have labeled this thread, I need attention.

Yes he got to rank 1 on 5 servers because he only knows how to run in a Division.  At least have a rational argument when you are trying to sound cool.

Sweetsie #45 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:52 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostWWWWWWWWWWWVWWWWWWWWWWWW, on 10 May 2017 - 12:30 AM, said:

you can't hold my jock strap son.  The only thing that is high on your end is your mental state.  Witch leads me to my next point.  Don't smoke crack. 

​Did you really spell which....as in Witch.....slow down. And now we have a look at OPG's finest.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #46 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:54 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

Given all the abusive language directed to destroyers in this post-- Give me one good reason why I should ever help you if you're on my team. You literally call destroyers scum who don't deserve to live and insult them multiple times throughout the post.

If you don't want a destroyer to exist, then tell me why I should ever burn my limited, long-CD smoke for you.

You'll argue that you're the best chance the team has to win, or something like that. But when you go and piss off a large chunk of the playerbase with your ego, don't be surprised if they're less than willing to do what you tell them to when you try to assert your authority.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo, 10 May 2017 - 12:55 AM.

Kiyoshimo's aircraft carrier rework Kiyoshimo's Torpedo Campaign

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.
So, as I pray-- Unlimited Torpedo Works

generaldort #47 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:55 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostDestroyer_Kiyoshimo, on 09 May 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Given all the abusive language directed to destroyers in this post-- Give me one good reason why I should ever help you if you're on my team. You literally call destroyers scum who don't deserve to live and insult them multiple times throughout the post.

If you don't want a destroyer to exist, then tell me why I should ever burn my limited, long-CD smoke for you.

Apparently you cant read.  It's ok Ill help.

" Friendly DDs are of course cool and stuff (unless they are Shimakazes)."

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #48 Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:59 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Postgeneraldort, on 09 May 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Apparently you cant read.  It's ok Ill help.

" Friendly DDs are of course cool and stuff (unless they are Shimakazes)."

And I'm a Shimakaze player who previously had no problem offering smoke and spotting to allied battleships.

Which clearly they don't want. So I'll stop doing it.

Next sad attempt at an insult, please.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo, 10 May 2017 - 01:02 AM.

I am the Hull of my Torpedo. Steel is my body and Oxygen is my blood. I have caused over one thousand hull breaches. Unknown to flames, nor known to penetrate. I have withstood pain to launch many torpedoes. Yet those guns will never shoot anything.

Sweetsie #49 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postalexbennedict, on 10 May 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

Yes he got to rank 1 on 5 servers because he only knows how to run in a Division.  At least have a rational argument when you are trying to sound cool.

Where is that data? Assuming you are talking about Dort, I see a 53% win rate in ranked play, at least in NA. Mine was 72%. Is that rational? Granted I got bored of ranked once the flag awards stopped but getting to rank one, would have been easy had I focused on it, I just like getting the flags.

WanderingGhost #50 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

One key problem with #9 - Even if I wasn't usually focused on dodging and weaving in a BB or commanding squadrons and watching the map - I physically can not read the chat 90% of the time. I can't see the chat text against the sky, at times the sea, and other areas and other areas of intense brightening on landscapes. They need a different text colour or an option to choose what colour the team chat is.

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #51 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View PostWanderingGhost, on 09 May 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

One key problem with #9 - Even if I wasn't usually focused on dodging and weaving in a BB or commanding squadrons and watching the map - I physically can not read the chat 90% of the time. I can't see the chat text against the sky, at times the sea, and other areas and other areas of intense brightening on landscapes. They need a different text colour or an option to choose what colour the team chat is.

The ability to make the background of the chat panel darker or opaque would help.

generaldort #52 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:14 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostWanderingGhost, on 09 May 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Agreed.  And at least you look.  Which is more than I can say for the people mentioned in that rule.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #53 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:56 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 09 May 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

Never do this. Ever. I don't care who you are, or what they did, never ever do this. There are TK penalties for a reason.

Actually saw this work one time.  A British cruiser tk launched a salvo of torps into our battleship at close range and every ship around it turned their guns on it almost simultaneously and erased it from the game.  It was epic.  :izmena:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 10 May 2017 - 01:57 AM.

Goodwood_Alpha #54 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostKitsunelegend, on 09 May 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

View Postgeneraldort, on 09 May 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

11. Ride or Die

If someone INTENTIONALLY tries teamkilling you or a division mate, and you can’t kill them by taking enough damage ticks after the first salvo or two, then it is your job to erase that individual with impunity.  Invoking rule 11 does NOT apply to accidental torping.  This is of course a subjective assessment of what is intentional and what is not.  Usually if someone apologizes it’s cool with me.  However when the dude torps me twice and just says “sorry” both times….it’s on like a Trinitron.  If you are an intentional teamkiller you are the scum of the earth and worthy of worldwide shame.  

Never do this. Ever. I don't care who you are, or what they did, never ever do this. There are TK penalties for a reason.

This. So, soooo much this.

There is no excuse for intentional team killing.

None.

Ever.

EVER!

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

Goodwood_Alpha #55 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:10 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 09 May 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

If that were true, there would be no penalty in this game for shooting pinks. There is.

This is not WoT, where you can shoot the blues (though it isn't always advisable to do so). This is WoWS, and pink ships are still on your own team.

Edited by Mezurashi, 10 May 2017 - 10:21 AM.

"You have enemies? Good, that means that you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." —Winston Churchill

Thoughts on World of WarshipsNo Bull is now recruiting!

CLUCH_CARGO #56 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Great Read Dort, Good to see Informed thought and humor in the same post.

I agree enemy DD's are the scum of the world.

But will never sail with a DD with in the first 5 mins of a battle.

I would be first sited even if the DD's are 5 km from the enemy and I am 14 km.

When they smoke I lose site of the enemy , but I am still visible to the enemy.

The enemy can see over the smoke I have to look through it.

When a DD sets smoke for me I do use it if told ahead of time, but that seldom happens I end up sailing through it.

I am a Hard believer of teamwork I use it often even when not returned.

I hate to die but If my death stopped two or three others on my team from that fate it was worth it.

I love BB play almost as much as CA's. I am by nature a CA driver, I only ride the BB's now because of the Scharnhorst ( Battle Cruiser )( Money Maker)

issm #57 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:36 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostGoodwood_Alpha, on 09 May 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

This. So, soooo much this.

There is no excuse for intentional team killing.

None.

Ever.

EVER!

Ignoring the fact that intentionally killing a team killer is intentional team killing....

Oh, wait, I misread that.

Edited by issm, 10 May 2017 - 03:30 AM.

Got a problem with the game? Don't pay WG, and tell them why.

Mandatory Introductory Reading to the Internet

Destroyer_Kiyoshimo #58 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:38 AM

Admiral

• Beta Testers

View Postissm, on 09 May 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

Ignoring the fact that intentionally killing a team killer is intentional team killing....

RichardLongfellowPhD #59 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:49 AM

Seaman

• Members

View PostSweetsie, on 10 May 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

​Did you really spell which....as in Witch.....slow down. And now we have a look at OPG's finest.

When people start to correct others grammar on the internet, all I think is....

1)  This persons member probably has yet to find the wet spot

2) Low creativity

3) That kid from high school that nobody liked

4) That same kid that now gets dumped on by all alpha males at his workplace

5) Thank the good lord that I will never have to stoop to such level

Come harder, we know it is in you somewhere.  I think a great start would be to find a friend.  Even an internet friend would do wonders for you.  I will pray for you tonight, because there are few things in this world that are sadder then a lonely, boring, life-long virgin.  Good luck in your endeavors, even though I doubt there is light at the end of the tunnel for you.  

Everything about me is...Trollolol

wadavid #60 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

My condolences to Dort for what happened to this thread. A reasonably well-thought-out list of tips for WoWs success has inspired nothing but multiple pages of chest-beating and a separate thread of piety about the TK bit that issm turned into a free-speech soapbox.

People need to chill the [pre-edited] out.

Also tagged with winning, win rate, battleship, destroyer, rules

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users