Japanese Carrier planes suck

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

CaptainLuds #1 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

Devs, whats up with Japanese planes. Was wiped out by US carriers today like there is no tomorrow. Planes cannot compete. 

Last time I played a carrier in this state. Pretty [edited]. Especially the Hiryu had the best airplanes of its era. A complete joke. Fix this or go back to school!

AshigaraKaiNi #2 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

First reply

"Ah, it's natural consequence with me, Ashigara! A great victory!"

RipNuN2 #3 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

Commander

• Members

The IJN CVs outperform the US counterparts at almost every tier so you need to learn how to use them effectively. It's not about beating the US fighters head to head. You can dish out way more damage with your strike planes than your opponent.

Rolkatsuki #4 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Admiral of the Navy

• Members

Japanese carrier aircraft suck? /o_\\

all I've hearing is how US CVs don't match up to well against their Japanese counterparts the last several months then this thread come bidding to me that I dreaming... />.\\

The Great South Land's most truculent Dunkerque captain~

2s1vtak.png

pyantoryng #5 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Play US carriers. By the time you reached Ranger you will be praying for a Japanese one.

Sinboto #6 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • Beta Testers

At taiho now, haven't had any issue with them personally. 

FATqxHx.gif

ValkyrWarframe #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:08 PM

Captain

• Members

Tell that to a Hakuryu player.

Key: *In top 50 players on the server, Can't afford at the moment, 

USN: Clemson, Benson, St. Louis, Cleveland, Atlanta* (Guide Coming Soon!), New Orleans, New York, North Carolina, Iowa, Strike Bogue, Strike Ranger, Strike Lexington

IJN/Fleet of Fog/Dragon: Shinonome, Hatsuharu, Kagero, ARP Ashigara/Haguro/Myoko/Nachi, Southern Dragon, Mogami, ARP Takao, Mikasa, ARP Haruna/Hiei/Kirishima/KongouNagamon, Amagi, Hiryu

Soviet Union/Russia/Royal Navy: Kiev, Ognevoi, Svietlana*, Kirov*(My Guide), Chapayev, Dmitri Donskoi, Moskva* (My Guide)Black Swan (kek), Fiji, Edinburgh, Neptune

Kriegsmarine/Marine NationaleT-22Konigsberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck, Nassau, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friant, Émile Bertin (Guide Coming Soon!), La Galissonniére, Dunkerque (Gift from TenguBlade)

Kapitanleutnant_Ford #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

:popcorn:
Stats

Sir_Orrin #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The Japanese fighters are not the japanese carrier's stregnth, it's flexibilty. You can send more squads of bombers and do more damage. Use the fighters as simply a defense for your bombers, and try to avoid US fighters in general, or lure them over friendly ships. You must adapt and overcome! good luck. :great:

Spoiler

Umikami #10 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Beta Testers

even money says he was playing a Saipan and got handed his lunch

WanderingGhost #11 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Alpha Tester

Fighter balance, or really just balance in general, has been screwed since inception basically. Fact is other than MAYBE 9 and 10 where IJN can bring enough fighters to overwhelm USN's or maybe has stats that flip things - 1v1 USN fighters win, sometimes even 1v2. And with how much ammo they can now carry, they can easily just camp outside AA, especially sub 8, and destroy planes as they launch. Their strafe is also 10x effective than IJN's. I build fighters with IJN skills and upgrades and the way it works I'm lucky to buy 15 seconds, and I can only do that so many times till they get a free shot at my attack planes. Truth is that yeah, AS struggles to match damage output 90% of the time, but the ones that can run mix can run rampant, especially where strafe is still allowed to auto delete planes. Fighters and loadouts need a balance change because USN can easily control the skies if it wants, hell without strafe even the strike package has decent survivability against IJN fighters because USN has high durability planes. 

That being said - problem with your logic. While Bogue and Zuiho should in no way destroy the A6M's as well as they do with the F3F or any version of the Wildcat, but top end tier 6 and tier 7 are F6F Hellcats, vs the A6M2 and A6M5, which while the A6M5 did bring some parity back to the equation, the F6F was actually very much superior to the A6M2 and the A6M series as a whole which had stagnated after controlling the skies for so long and reached it's peak. However going up after that point, at least of fighters that existed for the most part they are equal tier for tier when you consider pilots of equal skill - as the main reason for USN air dominance after Midway was mostly due to the loss of most of their experienced pilots and not having replacements near as good as they were, as well as the loss of 4 fleet carriers in general.

Estimated_Prophet #12 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:00 PM

Commander

• Members

View Postpyantoryng, on 09 May 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Play US carriers. By the time you reached Ranger you will be praying for a Japanese one.

I do; and so far in all cases I prefer them over the IJN carriers. Even with a stock Ranger I still feel I'm doing better than I do in Hiryu.

As a matter of note; I actually prefer the AS Saipan over the Strike; micro reasons or whatever; I have never been able to get good damage out of those supposedly 'unstoppable' T9 torpedo bombers so many people complain about.

It's not that I CAN'T do well in Hiryu; I've had great games in it; the main reason I prefer the USN CVs over the IJN, is that the micro needed to do well in the IJN often overwhelms me; unfortunately. With the USN CVs, it's easier to keep track of everything.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet, 09 May 2017 - 02:02 PM.

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

cometguy #13 Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

When facing a non-AS USN CV, you should be able to win every fighter engagement not over enemy AA. If not, I suggest working on strafe/counter strafe/and whatever you want to call it where you dog fight with one squadron, setup a strafe with the other, and then strafe out of the dog fight.

When facing an AS usn CV, patience at the beginning will be key. Let your team soften up enemy AA. Then you can either be in too many places at once for the enemy to be able to attack, or target one ship with planes spread out enough to where they can't get more than one squadron per strafe and don't have enough time to perform all of the necessary strafes.

Warlike_Tendencies #14 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Jpn Cv's are soo freaking powerful, the flexibility and options they have are ridiculous its hard not to win with those load outs, having more planes as  US CV may give you more opportunities but that wont matter if they can sink you making it worthless to try and out last them in plane numbers.

Carrier_Lexington #15 Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Ensign

• Members

>*Reads OP*

>*Continues scrolling*

>*Stops suddenly*

>*Re-reads OP*

>*Spits Coffee*

>*Laughs Hysterically*

"Heresy!"

Azarath_Deathwing #16 Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Troll is troll.

As an aside... my ratings in IJN vs USN, at each tier.... is astoundingly different; IJN is rated roughly 300 points higher at every tier, per Warships Today. As was stated earlier... don't try for a head to head, fighter on fighter, unless you have friendly AA nearby. USN fighter group will take you, one on one, most of the time... if simply because one group is larger than the other. 

IJN shines so much because it has more squadrons, and cross-diving TBs. Use them effectively!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users