Will the Harekaze be competitive?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Jakajan #1 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:36 AM

Ensign

• Members

I'm posting from my phone right now so I may be brief. But do you all think the Harekaze will be able to hold it's own against the powerhouses of Benson and Akizuki? Much less Z 23?

From what we know Harekaze will have a 36 8 knit top speed. Torps should take 11 seconds longer than Kagero to reload but she will have 3 gun options. Either 3x1 American 54 caliber guns. Stock Kagero guns or 3x2 Akizuki guns but is otherwise a Kagero class DD.

She will have the best speed for her concealment at t8, but some of the worst torpedoes for her tier, outclassed by Z 23 and Benson torps. Her torps might be better than Lo Yang's but I'm not sure.

So competively in ranked say she will be a better spotter and brawler than Kagero and some people would call that pay to win but to be frank Kagero is sort of bad.. anyway I gotta go. Let me know if your thoughts. 

GhostSwordsman #2 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I thought Harekaze's torpedoes were Kagero's stock torpedoes, which are the top torpedoes on Akatsuki. If that's the case, then they should reload slightly faster than a fully upgraded Kagero, but would have slightly worse speed and total damage, and have worse detection.

I'd wager that Harekaze will be competitive. With the Akizuki guns or the USN 5"/54s, plus Akatsuki's torps and Kagero's concealment, should make for a deadly package. Having a higher base speed than Kagero(36.8kts is what Kagero gets with a speed flag) should help as well, since Harekaze will only have stock Kagero HP.

I only kind of hope that Kagero gets some QoL buffs, like a speed buff, so Harekaze doesn't simply outclass Kagero since Harekaze will have way better gun options.

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Destroyer_Johnston #3 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:07 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

for some reason in the show the Harekaze was the fastest ship in her class due to having experimental engines. 

"Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes....

We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."

Wherever there is a mess the destroyer runs first She is expendable and dangerous.

KNTAI Recruitment Officer

JochenHeiden #4 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Wait, what is Harekaze?  Is this a premium ship or something?  I've not heard it announced or even rumored for the game.

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

pikohan #5 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJochenHeiden, on 08 May 2017 - 08:10 PM, said:

Wait, what is Harekaze?  Is this a premium ship or something?  I've not heard it announced or even rumored for the game.

It's not in game nor has it been "officially" announced. It's a new Premium for the High School Fleet collab that's presumably happening SoonTM

As far as anyone can tell, it's a Kagero hull with some funny guns.

Jakajan #6 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:19 AM

Ensign

• Members

It was officially announced. Also its gameplay was showed off in the Mikasa museum in Japan. It should be released about the time as the high school fleet ova, blue ray sales, May 24th

JochenHeiden #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Is it going to be a Kagero with an ARP-like ship with special commanders, or will it actually be a Japanese-line premium ship that Japanese captains can transfer in and out of?

A super special thank you to Eric_Von_Hess for his incredibly generous gift of Mikhail Kutuzov!

|KRG| Kriegsmaschine - Prushn & JochenHeiden, division partners for life!

Please visit my Youtube page for exciting WOWS Battle Replays:   https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCouxqbVLTQRue1omZ-INlag

Jakajan #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:32 AM

Ensign

• Members

That part is less clear. There will be a cat captain from the anime named Isoroku who can train on the high school fleet ships and any IJN ship. But I'm not sure if the high school fleet girls can go to any IJN ship or vice versa.

But Harekaze is rumored to have a 100 percent bonus exp camofauge m

Jakajan #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:33 AM

Ensign

• Members

On the. Anime the Harekaze was a fleet training ship so it makes some sense.

pikohan #10 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostJakajan, on 08 May 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

It was officially announced. Also its gameplay was showed off in the Mikasa museum in Japan. It should be released about the time as the high school fleet ova, blue ray sales, May 24th

Hmm, I was going to say I wouldn't call it "official" 'til it's called out on the NA website, but looking at the post from a few weeks back, they have been called out. So I take it back, they are official:

https://worldofwarsh...-2-b-kawaii-ld/

Destroyer_Johnston #11 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Even as we began laying smoke, the Japanese started lobbing shells at us and Johnston had to zigzag between the splashes....

We were the first destroyer to make smoke, the first to start firing, the first to launch a torpedo attack...."

Wherever there is a mess the destroyer runs first She is expendable and dangerous.

Admiral_Thrawn_1 #12 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Members

Graf Spee is also supposed to be released again with the Harekaze.

Jakajan #13 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:21 AM

Ensign

• Members

Yep and the release date is stated for the same as the blue ray date. I'm guessing 1 week into the Hood sale.

I'm going to predict the premium release schedule.

May 17 to 18th Hood

May 24th high school fleet Harekaze and speed

May 31rst or June 1rst Kaga

This way history buffs and anime fans and sky cancer will all be happy.

GhostSwordsman #14 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Johnston, on 09 May 2017 - 12:07 AM, said:

for some reason in the show the Harekaze was the fastest ship in her class due to having experimental engines. 

Well, is there any data on the Kagero-class being able to go faster than 35.5kts?(you may not know, but I thought I'd throw the question out anyway) The Wikipedia entry reads that 35.5kts was the designed speed, but looking at the historical info on the WoWs wiki for Kagero and Akatsuki, Kagero has 2,000 more shp, yet Akatsuki can go 2.5kts faster. I'm probably unaware of some hydrodynamics of the hull or overall tonnage or something little like that, but initially it doesn't line up that Kagero is slower with more shp than one of the preceding destroyer classes. I'm just wondering if they achieved higher speeds in sea trials or something, because that could give grounds for her speed to be bumped up slightly as WG doesn't seem to be shy in giving ships their theoretical stats if it helps balance out the ship's performance.

The ~37kts that Harekaze will be able to do should allow her to reach ~40kts with engine boost on, just like Akatsuki. And that's one of the small issues I have with Kagero, she's fine with engine boost running, but she feels too slow with it off.

Edited by GhostSwordsman, 09 May 2017 - 05:44 AM.

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Jakajan #15 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:49 AM

Ensign

• Members

Well Harekaze had a experimental engine in the anime being the justification for her speed, sort of like how Shimakaze had an experimental engine.

GhostSwordsman #16 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:01 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostJakajan, on 09 May 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

Well Harekaze had a experimental engine in the anime being the justification for her speed, sort of like how Shimakaze had an experimental engine.

Aye, I understand that Johnston was referring to the show, but I was talking about regular Kagero.

As it stands right now, Harekaze is looking to be much better than Kagero, even with the 'flaws and drawbacks' compared to a fully upgraded Kagero. I wouldn't want to see Kagero overshadowed by a premium(especially one that so easily triggers some people), and would love to see her get at least a speed buff to remain roughly on par with Harekaze.

Destroyer_Johnston #17 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

I think they are using the overboost max speed as normal cruising speed.

vonKaiser #18 Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Johnston, on 09 May 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

I think they are using the overboost max speed as normal cruising speed.

In the show, didn't they try to shy away from max speed at times because they'd worry if the engines would take the stress?  Been awhile since I binge watched it.  Wonder if they'd do a special consumable like WOT does for the Soviets.  Speed boost but damages the engine after awhile lol. 

For the love of god Wargaming, please remove the atrocious Citadel hit noise

Sincerely, a Tinnitus sufferer. (Edit 7/7/16 - Thank you soooooo much for the change Wargaming)

Random Gaming Moments, Ship Reviews and gameplay breakdown by yours truly: https://www.youtube.com/c/vonkaiser

Destroyer_Johnston #19 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

yes in the show the engine kept giving them trouble AKA why they were so late on the first episode was that they broke down and had to stop and fix it.

Destroyer_Johnston #20 Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Beta Testers

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users