Destroyers are frustrating

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Azumazi #21 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostPrushn, on 07 May 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

The DD I've been playing is the Sims. I'm not good in it yet but find it fun.

That's the issue.

Do not start off at tier 7 with a DD. Go down and get yourself a Clemson and learn the US DD line in a good learner boat. It has good guns for it's tier for anti-DD work and teaches the US playstyle very well on how to abuse smoke and position with your guns and firing torpedo's at targets of opportunity.

I know you like hanging out with your buddy Joch, but he shouldn't be pulling you into tier 7's with his Maass when you're no where near ready in that Sims.

Japanese Ship Expert and Ship Design Architect schooled at the US Naval War College.

Surtosi #22 Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:31 PM

Seaman

• Members

I just restarted playing my USN DD and found surprising success in staying just ahead of my team, usually 2-3 K in front once the shooting starts and about spotting distance when things are quiet. I'm finding that success for me in DD play is much more dependent on my team than on any other class in the game; it just seems that without solid support I'm just too easy to kill as a focused target and I'm too weak alone to get 1-on-1 kills. Yes, torps are death fish and my guns can whittle down anyone but both conditions need the target to not be shooting back(I dread the secondary BB builds). 

More than anything else though, it's that combined AA from the team ships to keep the planes off me that made DD play fun. I main and love CVs(yes, even as they are) so I know the priority for CVs is keeping the DD spotted. I think that's what turned me off before, getting bombed and spotted to death 5 min into any given match. I'd say if BBs set the pace then it's DDs who push the line and the CLs are that backbone keeping me alive. 

Capt_Mexib #23 Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

If you don't have a relatively high survival rate in a IJN DD, I think your not using your greatest advantage besides good torpedos.

What ever DD you play, play to it's strong points. Run and gun or Ninja backstab.

Rudoff #24 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

Don't play Japanese DD right now, They are trash
WG business model sucks for all its games. Down vote me, I don't care.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users