Issues in game I'd like to see WG deal with

chat bow waves reporting camo rust

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

thewargod2000 #1 Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:22 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

WG folks,
​Please put down the vodka and turn down the polka and listen up.

I'd like to see the developers tackle a few issues. Here are my suggestions to them.

​First, fix chat. The chat needs a whisper option where you can send a message to one player on the team without having everyone else see it. You need a Clan chat that goes for the entire Clan when that eventually gets fully implemented. You should be able to engage in these chats while you are in battle, you might miss something important.

​The reporting a player option needs a seriously huge rework. For one thing you can spam report somebody you simply don't like and get them a chat ban. This is a lot of crap and it needs to go away. Especially if it is for 24 hour chat bans. I'd suggest a game chat ban or maybe a 4 hour chat ban for bans initiated by players. You also need better emotes so that that player can still participate in battles and share critical information. You are only hurting the entire team by carrying on this backwards chat ban system you have now and you are encouraging players not to play. Quite frankly people need to be able to blow off steam, especially in light of how you won't fix the matchmaking system and people keep getting teamed with unskilled toads. Penalizing them for such a long time does nothing to solve the problem and lets the player resort to team killing to get his message across. 

I look at the historical pictures of warships you guys post and I notice something about them. Real ships look like they are hauling-[edited]in the water, even when they are only doing 20 knots. Why? Because you see a huge wave of water extending almost to or over the deck in a lot of cases. It presents a really cool visual effect and you get the idea that the ship is really moving. Implement something like this in game. Right now a ship doing 35 knots looks like it is on a Disney pleasure cruise as opposed to a warship in a combat zone. It looks like crap and it needs a serious rework. Also that should also only affect ships going full speed. This should be an aiming tell for ships when shooting.

And why is it that when a ship sinks and the propellers are turning that the water is not churning like you'd expect to see?

What in the hell is going on with the rust on these ships? Why buy a premium paint job when it looks like a [edited]had an art party with a rust crayon on the ships. THE SHIPS HAVE ENTIRELY TOO MUCH RUST ON THEM. I realize in Soviet Russia you guys didn't take care of ships but the rest of the world wanted their ships to last long term and they did this thing called PAINTING THEM. Remove some of the rust already, especially with premium camos. Make the colors darker like the ship just got the paint job. Come on guys this is warships not rocket science. Make it look nice, like something people would want to play.

Ya'll need to hurry up with the British Battleship line. We are losing patience out here.

Also Dasha needs to come on a moral tour to the US...

Thanks

SireneRacker #2 Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:43 AM

Captain

• Members

So just because you think that players should be allowed to rage in chat the entire ban system should be removed so they can trashtalk the entire match?

Proud member of [WAIFU], nothing beats Prinz Eugen

Torpedoes don't have any friends. So they will kill everything in their path. To prevent team kills we should all watch out where we fire those fishes. That means each and everyone of us, DDs of the second line!

No my name does NOT refer to those things from Odysseus! They refer to those loud things attached to a fire truck. Not to beautiful girls singing on the Ocean.

Ghost_Raven75 #3 Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester

I just don't understand some people.  Some of your points are valid but really, why is it someone always wants to make a derogatory remark about Russia?  Have you actually seen a Russian ship in real life up close?  I have and they are the most immaculate I have seen other than some of the British ones I have been on.  There are ways to get your point across without insults, you might want to try that sometime and see you get better results.

"Вся моя жизнь была ВМФ СССР. Я сделал свой выбор молодым и никогда не сожалел об этом" - Никола́й Гера́симович Кузнецо́в

Macabe #4 Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

Fleet Admiral

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Members
    Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers
    Supertester

Bumping your original thread works too. I shall leave you with what i already posted on your first thread about this.

View PostMacabe, on 05 May 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

I pretty much agree with what you're saying for the most part but i will add that if your clan is using in-game chat to tell members important things: You're doing it wrong. I'd probably find it distracting in a battle. As far as the whisper thing goes, just add them to a a dynamic div if something needs to be sent that privately.

But yes. The report system needs a total rework. I'm rather indifferent to the ship wake suggestion but it'd be nice to have. I also agree there's too much rust and that premium camos should look almost pristine.

Fleet of Fog Commander

Supremacy League Admin and Head Referee

Self-Proclaimed Forum Mascot

Give me Death or Give me a Plush Torpedo

kerensky914 #5 Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Supertester

Unskilled toads?  Elitist much?  Tuned you out after that.

"it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." - MacBeth, who was obviously talking about the forums...

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes.  Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Mezurashi #6 Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:37 AM

Topic locked. There is no need to create duplicate topics for this.

The original topic can be found here: http://forum.worldof...e-wg-deal-with/

Credits to Panbun for the awesome signature image.

~ Moving at the speed of sight. ~

Helpful links: EULA || Terms of Service || Game Rules and Violations and Forum Rules

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users