Credits gain

Credits income

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HerMajestysNavalService #1 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

So this lonely solo player finally just got his first t10 \o/ .

I basically drove my izumo stock the entire way till i could afford the yamato out right and got rather decent at aiming / playing with it.

The yamato is no different, steers like a pig also. But the economy in this game is rather harsh when it comes to "repairs" of your ship and restocking equipment (yeah i've played WoT just as bad imo). Basically after buying the Yam i was bankrupt \o/ woo! So even when i'd make 120k dmg in the izumo and win or lose i'd still make "sweet FA" after the match lol. Any hints out there for a good way to farm credits apart from doing "best 2017 scores etc" ? Should i be farming lower tiers? Before you ask yes i've been running premium as well. Any helpful tips appreciated for this lil sailor.

Muki41 #2 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

If your having troubles making money at tier 10 would recommend picking up the 5k doubloon skin helps alot with the 50% cut to service fees and 20% increase in credit gains,

Otherwise grinding the lower tier (4-8) is what most people do to make money

hangglide42 #3 Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Hi HerMajesty - here are are a few suggestions that might help - to get a net silver benefit (what you're looking for) these strategies will increase earnings or drop your repair costs.  Since you are already on a Premium account, you are getting a 50% credit earnings boost already.

w/o Dropping a Tier (i.e. still playing Tier 10s) - Have included Premium Cammos but not ship specific ones

- Use credit boosting Cammos (e.g.)

- Ocean Soul - 20% credit boost

- FTW - 20% credit boost

- Grand Naval Battles - 20% credit boost

- Type 20 - 20% credit boost

- Gamescon 2016 - 50% credit boost

- Use repair cost reducing Cammos (e.g.)

- Type 17 - 5% repair cost reduction

- Type 18 - 10% repair cost reduction

- Type 19 - 20% repair cost reduction

- Type 20 - 50% repair cost reduction

- Use Flags/Signals

- India Bravo Terrahaute (It's Just a Flesh Wound) - 20% repair cost reduction

- Zulu (for first Blood) - 20% credit boost

- Military Month Contributor - 5% credit boost

Dropping Tiers

- All the non-Tier X specifc cammo options mentioned previously

- All the flag options mentioned previously

- Use a Premium ship (e.g.)

- Missouri - 100% boost in earnings (credit printer)

- Most other Premiums - 50% boost in earnings

- Some premiums have a reduced repair cost associated w/ their custom cammo

- As you pointed out drop to lower tiers to farm credits - Tier V-VII are sweet spots where credit

earning is good and  play is reasonably fun

Good luck and congratulations on your first of (hopefully many) Tier Xs!

Edited by hangglide42, 07 May 2017 - 07:08 AM.

KingJacko #4 Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It's supposed to be harsh.  Nobody would want all 24 players being tier 10.

HerMajestysNavalService #5 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:44 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

Greatly appreciate the help! 

SgtSullyC3 #6 Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

Ensign

• Members

Play any premiums you own, T7-8 prems are best for credit grinding. Missouri if you have her. Otherwise just play a lower tier.

T1-3: Erie, Smith, Derski, G-101, Katori, St. Louis, Bogatyr, Friant, South Carolina

T4-6: Izyaslav, Clemson, Danae, Yūbari, Kaiser, Kamikaze, Königsberg, Omaha, Kongo, Bogue, Duca D'Aosta, Cleveland, Aoba, Perth, Ryujo

T7-9: Shiratsuyu, Sims, Mahan, Atlanta, Belfast (gift from YureiKuma), Ranger, Saipan, New Orleans, North Carolina, Alabama, Lexington, Iowa, Missouri

GoalsIJN: Hiryu, Mogami - USN: Benson, Baltimore, Essex - KMS: T-22, Gneisenau - HMS: Leander, Fiji - VMF: Podvoisky, Budyonny - MN: Duguay-Trouin, La Galissonnière

Trevzor #7 Posted 09 May 2017 - 12:56 AM

Friend of the Podcast

• Administrator
  • Alpha Tester
    Supertester

Congrats on getting Yamato!

I too wish to one day join the ranks of the biggest guns of World of Warships.

hangglide42 has some solid advice for getting more credits. Some other things you can think about are rewards for:

• Tanking enemy hits (which Yamato does pretty well)
  • Racking up potential damage (torpedo dodging counts from what I understand)
  • Ships, aircraft, and torpedoes spotted (Not Yamato's best space, but can be done)
  • Damage based on your spotting (a hefty ship can survive a while, so you have a chance at getting some goods here as well)

In the end, since repair/resupply cost the same whether you sink or you don't take a scratch, you should make it a point to get out there and mix it up with the other team. It's a good time and it can be rewarding.

Good luck out there!

InvalidKey #8 Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Supertester

An often underrated boost to all forms of battle outcome is survivability.  I had a big change in my win rate, damage, earnings, everything when i didn't focus specifically on damage, rather on making choices that kept me alive and engaged.  If you live longer, whether you're an ace shooter or not, you'll rack up more damage over time than if you're dead.  That's easy enough to explain, but it plays well with other points already mentioned.  You'll earn more potential damage, plane kills, capture and defense points, ribbons, medals, and all of the other wonderful bits that contribute to better overall scores and outcomes.  

All great in theory, but how do you "survive longer"?  That part is ship dependent - the same cannot be said (as a whole) for DDs vs. CAs vs BBs, but a common thread is this: don't be the easiest one to shoot.  The "average" person just wants to eliminate enemy ships, and rightly so - dead ships can't shoot back.  Any ship will do; the easiest one is often the best choice.  I know i make these kinds of decisions when i play, you and many others probably do to some degree as well.  So consider your ship and what it's good at.  

* As a Yamato (which i don't have and so can't speak for directly, but i do have other BBs so i'l generalize a bit), you probably don't want to be front line, or even the furthest forward battleship.  You can be if you want to; you have a great HP pool and good protection, but you'll get focused and killed quickly.  You have the best range there is, and the best shells to go with it, so use em.  Yeah, you will have to be better at aiming over long distances, but living longer makes up for short term gaps (i.e. if you do half as much damage per minute but live twice as long, are you actually doing worse overall?).  

* Don't think that parked bow-on is the only way you can BB.  Those people get roasted by fires and pincushioned by Minotaurs.  Mobile ships are often harder to hit, even if they present a better target to one ship or another.  Remember, you just have to be a less desirable choice than any other ship, not impossible to hit overall.  

* Move back and forth a lot.  At range especially, it is really hard to hit even something as big as a battleship if you just keep changing your depth relative to the shooter.  People will often overshoot (often resulting in overpens for minimal damage) or undershoot (no damage at all) if you wiggle back and forth a lot.  Will it save you from death?  heck no.  Will it extend your time in battle?  Almost certainly.  

* Consider also watching for incoming salvos and cramming into full reverse and full rudder toward the incoming shells. This often makes long range salvos (the kind that make you hear ringing) either not hit at all, overpen on the superstructure, or at the very least change the impact angle so that a citadel is basically not an option - damage mitigation is the key here.  You'll still take damage, but you won't take as much.  Then change your angle on target while they reload.  Note, you might not want to turn toward the incoming shells sometimes, but be warned, if you turn away, you often present a nice fat citadel, and you'll occasionally get knicked for a cit if you do that.  it's sometimes worth the risk instead of getting too close to enemies, but toward is almost always better to mitigate a single salvo.

* Shake off people targeting you.  Once you're locked on to a target, it's easy to ignore others that might come by that are even better targets.  Unfortunately, that can also mean people remain doggedly locked on you.  So, give them two reasons to pick on someone else - give them a harder target (a moving target with a poor profile that's wiggling back and forth), and get in and around what teammates you have left both for support, and sadly, to sacrifice them instead of you if it comes to that.  (ok maybe unpopular phrasing it like that, but the first option of course is to regroup and stem the enemy offensive - if that fails though... :)

* Good old battle awareness.  If you see a flank caving, start running and again, don't be the last one out. You're not new, so i'm sure you appreciate how effective kiting is.  It will keep you alive for several extra salvos (maybe with bad angles on target but 400mm shells don't care so much in many cases), and ratchet up your potential damage several points in the process.

There are lots of ways to earn more credits.  I don't have a premium account, but i often net positive for all but the most miserable battles.  I attribute most of that consistency to a shift from "i'm gonna wreck enemy face" to "I'm going to live, and make them earn my red ribbon".

Apaosha #9 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

Tier 10s are extremely spendy to play because of service costs if you look at it correctly you need to be able to do at least 60K in damage in the match just to break even but obviously you always want to shoot for a higher damage count than 60K.  

Lance53 #10 Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostHerMajestysNavalService, on 06 May 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

So this lonely solo player finally just got his first t10 \o/ .

I basically drove my izumo stock the entire way till i could afford the yamato out right and got rather decent at aiming / playing with it.

The yamato is no different, steers like a pig also. But the economy in this game is rather harsh when it comes to "repairs" of your ship and restocking equipment (yeah i've played WoT just as bad imo). Basically after buying the Yam i was bankrupt \o/ woo! So even when i'd make 120k dmg in the izumo and win or lose i'd still make "sweet FA" after the match lol. Any hints out there for a good way to farm credits apart from doing "best 2017 scores etc" ? Should i be farming lower tiers? Before you ask yes i've been running premium as well. Any helpful tips appreciated for this lil sailor.

You have only played a couple of games so far in your Yamato.   That is nowhere near enough experience in it to become familiar with the ship and how to best play it.  You need to gain experience.

Remember too that the new economics introduced to the game last Fall rewards more aggressive playstyle.   Your ship's repair bill is the same now whether you survive the game or not.   Staying way back and taking shots at long range with the Yamato is a playstyle that the game will no longer reward well.  Wargaming decided that they wanted to discourage that playstyle.  Go back and review the docs released with the 5.12 update, and study how the economics changed.   Understanding what the game takes into account will help you to perform better economically with the ship.

Finally, go on YouTube and watch some videos of good Yamato gameplay from community contributors.   A number of them will give you very valuable tips on how best to play the ship.

Some people like to configure the ship for Secondary gunfire, as it does have awesome secondaries:

Also tagged with Credits, income

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users