BB's need stealth mode upgrade to counter smokes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Teske #21 Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

OP you make my brain hurt. What you want is already in game, it's called going "quiet on the guns", a.k.a. STOP SHOOTING.

Try spending more time in a mid to high cruiser that isn't Cleveland, and count the number of "oh [censored], a battlewagon, I'm way too [censored] close" moments you have as a stealth spec BB pops up under 13km and opens fire (at your exposed broadside because you had no idea he was there and you were making sure you didn't give the guy you saw any good shots at you) as you were happily blazing away at his buds 15+ km away. After you do that get back with us as to whether or not you wish to amend your statement here.

silverdahc #22 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:13 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I think we need to put a periscope on them then they also can be the submarines that we all don't want in the game

And I must admit I am bias 

I've seen way too many buffs to every ship except the Destroyers which I love to play making me sour to anything that's not fixing this game more

See I used to be a true blue water sailor and I know true ships don't act like anything like this game

Edited by silverdahc, 06 May 2017 - 02:17 PM.

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

mmfullen #23 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Considering it's his first post...he's probably just trolling us for reactions. :trollface:

[-K-] Kraken

silverdahc #24 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

No I understand he might be trolling I do that myself from time to time

But it's a point I do like to talk about assuming that everybody will break out stat books on armor emplacement and gun speeds and turret rotation and ect ect but has anybody looked up turning radius  or acceleration factors or stopping factors I don't think so

I'm sure nobody's ever heard anybody say "that thing turns like a battleship" or man that thing" stops like a battleship"

it's not a good thing

Truly soon as that Battleship even thinks about coming over the horizon I see it

Edited by silverdahc, 06 May 2017 - 05:56 PM.

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

Wowzery #25 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

Where is my invisibility consumable for my BB?  I want to be able to go around without being detected, sneak up on that DD and blast him point blank and he never knew I was there.  Or cap with immunity of being spotted.  Oh, yeah, and the ability to spot anyone on the map with a range and accuracy to match.  :trollface:

1An0maly1 #26 Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Ensign

• Alpha Tester

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 05 May 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Dear BB Players,

You guys need to reign in some of your wayward members:teethhappy:

We're trying! Its like trying to put babies to sleep, one starts crying and the rest go up!

"And yes, american BB's outraged Japanese IRL" - Hammer 427

[VP-9] PATRON 9 Recruiter 

Clan page

Recruitment thread

GMG1Jack #27 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View Postsilverdahc, on 06 May 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

See I used to be a true blue water sailor and I know true ships don't act like anything like this game

Well there are at least two of us here , and I agree 100%

Carrier_Lexington #28 Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

Ensign

• Members

View Post1An0maly1, on 06 May 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

We're trying! Its like trying to put babies to sleep, one starts crying and the rest go up!

I read that entirely wrong. I thought you were talking about euthanizing babies for a second.

"Heresy!"

AlcatrazNC #29 Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Actually USN BB like Iowa/Missouri or even the NC have cruiser surface detection lol .

gcangel82 #30 Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

Seaman

• Members

If you want you can get a Missouri's detection down to 12.3 but you give up something to get it.  And need to be more aware.  I don't think the BBs need anything like this.  Heck I had my NC down to 11.8 detection.  That is a fun ship.  It is a matter what build works best for you.  No need for Smoke Screens, if the team is playing well together a friendly RN Cruiser or DD should help you disengage while they do to.  There are DD drivers out there that try to help, I know I try to when I play my IJN DDs.  I think we need to find a way to help promote better team play.

HazeGrayUnderway #31 Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

View PostAlcatrazNC, on 07 May 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Actually USN BB like Iowa/Missouri or even the NC have cruiser surface detection lol .

Tier VIII NC can be built for 11.8km detection range, which can be a bit of surprise butt s--.

AlcatrazNC #32 Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View Postgcangel82, on 14 May 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

If you want you can get a Missouri's detection down to 12.3 but you give up something to get it.  And need to be more aware.  I don't think the BBs need anything like this.  Heck I had my NC down to 11.8 detection.  That is a fun ship.  It is a matter what build works best for you.  No need for Smoke Screens, if the team is playing well together a friendly RN Cruiser or DD should help you disengage while they do to.  There are DD drivers out there that try to help, I know I try to when I play my IJN DDs.  I think we need to find a way to help promote better team play.

Well it's not like every other classes had to give up something to get other things after all. But right now i think a stealth build for USN BB still the best for them since they have small guns amoung other BB. They are really good to delete cruiser but sometime they are pretty meh against BB. But yeah, it's always nice to have some kind of team play, especially when you're in a French cruiser targetted by all BB coz you have paper armor xD

TenguBlade #33 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostCarrier_Lexington, on 07 May 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

I read that entirely wrong. I thought you were talking about euthanizing babies for a second.

That's just not their job.:hiding:

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

lemekillmister #34 Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:51 AM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 05 May 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Dear BB Players,

You guys need to reign in some of your wayward members:teethhappy:

Sorry, I mostly play DDs now. :trollface:

I'm a spudman, I got eyes all around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users