BB's need stealth mode upgrade to counter smokes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Jay247 #1 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

I think a upgrade that would drastically drop your detection range for a period of time would be a nice added feature.  It could also limit your firing range as well as a draw back of sort.  I think with so many ships having smoke and the amount of ships that run into the smoke can be an issue at time.  I know there is radar, but those ships have to be in the game and also in position to be able to assist which isnt the case most of the time.  

GhostSwordsman #2 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Wulfgarn #3 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

:teethhappy:

:popcorn:

Edited by Wulfgarn, 05 May 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Highest. CV USN Independence BB USN Colorado CA USN New Orleans GER Yorck  RN Leander DD USN Gearing IJN Shimakaze VMF Khab

Premium. Kamikaze R. Blyskawica. Leningrad. Belfast. Graf Spee, Konig Albert. Ishizuchi. Marblehead. Texas. Arizona. Sims. Atlanta. Indianapolis. Kutuzov. Tirpitz. Gremyashchy. Murmansk. Molotov. Prinz Eugen. Scharnhorst. Warspite. Anshan. Lo Yang
Intel I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz . GTX 750 Ti (Max settings). 16 GB Ram . Win 7 Pro 64-bit . SSD 120GB (OS only) . SSD 250GB (Gaming) . Mechanical 2TB (Storage)

Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper #4 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

That was 0.6.3.

If you didn't notice, before that patch almost all BBs had their firing detection range all the way out over their firing range.

Plus, you still can put Concealment Expert on your BB if you want to have better concealment.

"I had to find myself another flagship because I could no longer exercise command from one which was shot to pieces."

Ships in Port:

German Tech Tree Suggestion     Enable Training Rooms Manually

TenguBlade #5 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

Uh, getting down to surprise-buttsex level of spotting range isn't good enough?

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Hillslam #6 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

remember, all buttsex is surprise buttsex

The Iowa is the better battleship. That fact doesn't require you to like it.

When your knowledge comes from nothing but books, your knowledge is worthless.

Yevgraf_Andreiivich #7 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

As a frequent BB player...no. No no no no no no no no no.

No. Never. BBs can already hide and shoot in smoke at unreasonable distances. DDs have already been under-powered against them by many-fold. For the love of God, no.

-The three B's in my life: Battleships, Big men, and Bayern-

the_fog_invader #8 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

no bad stop

вы используете этот перевод программного обеспечения неправильно, пожалуйста, обратитесь к руководство

help us decode http://forum.worldof...-guy-clue-hunt/

• Mostly plays battleships, especially high-tier and is excellent in them
  • Deals an above average amount of damage
  • Key vehicle - Tirpitz 

HazeGrayUnderway #9 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

Dear BB Players,

You guys need to reign in some of your wayward members:teethhappy:

TenguBlade #10 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostHazeGrayUnderway, on 05 May 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

Dear BB Players,

You guys need to reign in some of your wayward members:teethhappy:

If I could without receiving a ban that I probably can't talk my way out of, I would...

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

AJTP89 #11 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

Petty Officer

• Members

I thought this was about giving BBs the stealth mod (bad enough)

OP, first, you're describing a consumable, one that's kind of useless. BBs have armor and HP, the point is kind of to be hit so the rest of your team isn't. In addition, some BBs already have stupid good concealment, and everyone is trying concealment lately.

I wish my BBs could pull cruiser level surprise buttsex, that would be so broken.

silverdahc #12 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Oh yes please Nerf to DD's more and boost the battleships good idea oh wait they already did that over Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover

Edited by silverdahc, 05 May 2017 - 09:55 PM.

"It is very hard to swim up hill."         

Mark Schlereth

TenguBlade #13 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View Postsilverdahc, on 05 May 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh yes please Nerf to DD's more and boost the battleships good idea oh wait they already did that over Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover Andover

Don't think you're much better, you sound just as incoherent and idiotic as him.  The stupidity is the problem here; the message is just a symptom.

Edited by TenguBlade, 05 May 2017 - 09:57 PM.

dEsTurbed1 #14 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostJay247, on 05 May 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

I think a upgrade that would drastically drop your detection range for a period of time would be a nice added feature.  It could also limit your firing range as well as a draw back of sort.  I think with so many ships having smoke and the amount of ships that run into the smoke can be an issue at time.  I know there is radar, but those ships have to be in the game and also in position to be able to assist which isnt the case most of the time.  

so you are not happy tget needed detection ranges on torpedoes.

You are not happy they neutered the IJN guns when the split came out.

You are not happy the eliminated any POSSIBLE OPEN WATER STEALTH fire.

No you the pansy BB player want something to negate smoke...

Like hydro on a BB?

OR radar on a BB?

WHY DON'T YOU JUST COME OUT AND SAY YOU WANT DESTROYERS GONE?

THIS IS NOT WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS...CRY MORE AND IT WILL BE....

"REMOVE STEALTH TORP CHEAT"-Forum topic  found 4/17

If you wanted nuetuered IJN destroyers you succeeded. You could give them 3 sec turret rotation and rail guns to 20 km...it's lack of rof and stealthy torps that are needed.

silverdahc #15 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I'm sorry if I sound idiotic  but it's the same story once a week for 2 years.

Make battleships better er

Why this game has become a game of battleships might as well give them radar sonar torpedos smoke super fast Rudders super fast engines smoke then what's the need for any other ship in the game they just do it all

And we can get rid of all the annoying Cruisers and destroyers and just play battleships so fun

Oh your right they don't have smoke yet,,,,,but I bet it will soon

Edited by silverdahc, 05 May 2017 - 10:13 PM.

Mark Schlereth

silverdahc #16 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Oh wait I forgot they have repair to

truly that's one thing I don't understand why either All Ships should have or no ships have

Mark Schlereth

Destroyer_Atlanta #17 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:18 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Testers

I dont think that BBs need a stealth mod, im more to the idea of capping smoke CLs to 1 per side, if not, in the case of prem RN built CLs like cheatfast that can HE spam from smoke im more akin to making them have a swappable module like saipan for aircrews to trade HE shells for smoke. no ship larger than a DD should have both. kutuzov included.( and im saying that as a kutuzov owner) i hate having matches where a combination of 3 of  fiji/belfast and atlanta/flint all perma camp under a smoke cloud the entire game and just spray fires everywhere. either that or give all ships smoke to negate the CL smoke CLs advantage at smoke camping the whole game, since anything with a smokestack that floated in WWII could make a smoke screen, since all it took was changing the fuel/air mixture to make the ships exhaust smoke thick and dirty. let alone that alot of ships, BB included carried chemical smoke launchers.

Edited by Destroyer_Atlanta, 05 May 2017 - 10:38 PM.

The Ghost of the Graf Zeppelin is back,to keel you!

Vekta408 #18 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

I spent the entire Clash of elements event playing BB, nothing but BB during the grind. It was a very educational experience. I'm still playing them to get more BB games under my belt.

I have to say....NO....to this. BB don't need this. They don't need this at all.

Carrier_Lexington #19 Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

Ensign

• Members

However, I would like to see a mechanic for all ships, where, after X seconds, you "break contact": that is, your detection range returns to Normal time.

"Heresy!"

GMG1Jack #20 Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostDestroyer_Atlanta, on 05 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

I dont think that BBs need a stealth mod, im more to the idea of capping smoke CLs to 1 per side, if not, in the case of prem RN built CLs like cheatfast that can HE spam from smoke im more akin to making them have a swappable module like saipan for aircrews to trade HE shells for smoke. no ship larger than a DD should have both. kutuzov included.( and im saying that as a kutuzov owner) i hate having matches where a combination of 3 of  fiji/belfast and atlanta/flint all perma camp under a smoke cloud the entire game and just spray fires everywhere. either that or give all ships smoke to negate the CL smoke CLs advantage at smoke camping the whole game, since anything with a smokestack that floated in WWII could make a smoke screen, since all it took was changing the fuel/air mixture to make the ships exhaust smoke thick and dirty. let alone that alot of ships, BB included carried chemical smoke launchers.

What he said ^^^^^^^

In my opinion , give every class the capability they had when in commission 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users