Chomping at the Bit for the 7th Season of Ranked to begin...what's the scuttlebutt?

Season 7 Ranked Battles Ranked

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CyberKnife #1 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:03 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

Really enjoyed playing last ranked season. First time I really decided to put in the time and effort and made it to Rank 1. Now for the first time I'm all fired up to get back at it and see if I can hit Rank 1 again or it was just my flagrant abuse of the Belfast, Sims and Sharnhorst that put me over the top this time ;)  .   

Any rumors or conjecture/speculation on when the next Season will kick off? I have heard May 7th..but that's not happening. Have heard WG is waiting for the next big patch to roll it out and some new Premium ships to sell right before the Season that just happen to be the same Tier as the Season 7 :)   . Have heard it will definitely be Tier 7 again. Have also heard it definitely WONT be Tier 7 again but certainly Tier 6 or 8.

Anyone hear anything or have any thoughts on the possible timeline? I have checked the Dev Chat pretty well in Ship Comrade etc and have found nothing. Not even seen any Ranked discussion on the Forums at all. I know its not a big percentage of players that try their hand at Ranked (wonder what it is...my guess like 5% ?) but I would have expected to see something by now. Usually its a topic that is hotly debated on multiple levels from ship comparisons and what the Season Meta is. 

poeticmotion #2 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:16 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

I hated tier 7 ranked last season. Plz not again, not for at least a season or two. 

They seem to do 3 months or so between seasons. I wouldn't expect it until early June at best. 

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

Bill_Halsey #3 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostCyberKnife, on 05 May 2017 - 02:03 AM, said:

Really enjoyed playing last ranked season. First time I really decided to put in the time and effort and made it to Rank 1. Now for the first time I'm all fired up to get back at it and see if I can hit Rank 1 again or it was just my flagrant abuse of the Belfast, Sims and Sharnhorst that put me over the top this time ;)  .   

Any rumors or conjecture/speculation on when the next Season will kick off? I have heard May 7th..but that's not happening. Have heard WG is waiting for the next big patch to roll it out and some new Premium ships to sell right before the Season that just happen to be the same Tier as the Season 7 :)   . Have heard it will definitely be Tier 7 again. Have also heard it definitely WONT be Tier 7 again but certainly Tier 6 or 8.

Anyone hear anything or have any thoughts on the possible timeline? I have checked the Dev Chat pretty well in Ship Comrade etc and have found nothing. Not even seen any Ranked discussion on the Forums at all. I know its not a big percentage of players that try their hand at Ranked (wonder what it is...my guess like 5% ?) but I would have expected to see something by now. Usually its a topic that is hotly debated on multiple levels from ship comparisons and what the Season Meta is. 

Well it could be T6. Could be T8 might even be T10. Depends on who you talk to.

RipNuN2 #4 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:40 AM

Commander

• Members

Devs have only stated that it wont be T7 next season so who knows.

Admiral_Cirno #5 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Seaman

• Members

Let's make it Tier I.  That's where the real skill is.

Estimated_Prophet #6 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:54 AM

Commander

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Cirno, on 04 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

World of Black Swans...

Forget Ise! Give me Hyuuga!!!

CyberKnife #7 Posted 05 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Petty Officer

• Members

View PostRipNuN2, on 04 May 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Devs have only stated that it wont be T7 next season so who knows.

I have looked all over and not seen this at all. Last night on GeneralDort's stream him and his Division as well as the "experts" in chat all seemed to have info that Tier 7 was indeed going to be the Tier used in the Ranked this next Season as well. As far as it being every 3 or 4 months between Seasons...that time between Seasons shrinks every time. All speculation. Not seen anything from Devs on the matter....whatsoever. Would love if anyone could link to an actual definitive statement on any aspect of Ranked from when it is to what tier it will be. 

mmfullen #8 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I hope it isn't tier 7 again. I'd much rather a tier 6 or 8 before another season of tier 7. 

[-K-] Kraken

poeticmotion #9 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostBill_Halsey, on 05 May 2017 - 02:23 AM, said:

Well it could be T6. Could be T8 might even be T10. Depends on who you talk to.

They'll never do a season of t10, at least not for the beginning ranks. They want to encourage all players to participate and many players don't have a t10 until they've played for a few months...

Tier 10: Khabarovsk, Kurfurst, Minotaur, Tier 9: Fletcher, Friedrich, Udaloi,, Z-46 Tier 8: North Carolina, Bismarck, Z-23, Edinburgh ARP Takao, Akizuki, Kiev, Ognevoi Tier 7: all ARP Myokos, Gneisenau, Leningrad, ShiratsuyuFiji, Tier 6: Budyonny, FarragutShinonome, Fuso, Leander, Bayern, Graf Spee  Tier 5: Kamikaze-R, all ARP Kongos Tier 4: Clemson, IshizuchiV170, Kaiser Tier 2: Tachibana, Mikasa

My guides: Poetic's Guide To Getting Gud Or At Least Less Bad: Tips From A Former Potato     Poetic's post-0.6.0 guide to DD skills and capt builds

The URL Guy is OP, but please don't nerf him. 

Shnoze_Shmon #10 Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:14 AM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

View PostAdmiral_Cirno, on 04 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Dang, you stole my joke.

View Postpoeticmotion, on 05 May 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

They'll never do a season of t10, at least not for the beginning ranks. They want to encourage all players to participate and many players don't have a t10 until they've played for a few months...

Ive been playing for 8 months and still don't have one.  Mainly because I don't want to play the Baltimore.
Spoiler

ENO75 #11 Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant Junior Grade

• Members

I think V or VI would be great- Running tier V would certainly help to balance out the discrepancy of CVs players- Good ones will still be good while bad ones will be better (than they would be if manual drops were a thing).  

A lot of people sitting on Tier V premiums would finally get some mileage on ships that have otherwise just been getting the crapkicked out of them with brutal matchmaking. 

Edited by ENO75, 09 May 2017 - 03:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users