I've finally found a use for the Bismarck

Bismarck

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

A_Horde_of_Sharks #1 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

It took me a while, but I've finally learned how to use the Bismarck properly. 

dark.png

"I never thought I would be avenged by a mass of carnivorous fish."  -Doomlock

_____________________________________________________________

Doomlock #2 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

Huh, never thought of using this build, good post! :great:

Spoiler

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Doom lord of HiNon: Purveyor of ship knowledge.

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

Unabletony #3 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Rear Admiral

• Members

But... why tho ;-;

Because Hyuuga is cute~

Azuki is my catpanion~

Take that, Nyagato-sempai~!

giovybez #4 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

what you gonna buy now with that extra $ feria?

mmfullen #5 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

The urge to sell mine is growing...

I moved my commander up the tech tree already, and haven't really started another. With Tirpitz getting the secondary buff...I can plop my 19 pointer into it and go have fun. Win/Win

[-K-] Kraken

Doomlock #6 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postgiovybez, on 04 May 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

what you gonna buy now with that extra $ feria?

He got the FDG, and he loves it far more than Bismarck.

Fair winds and following seas! -Doomlock

Doom lord of HiNon: Purveyor of ship knowledge.

My Complete list of Warship Pics and AHLA's

giovybez #7 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:36 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View Postmmfullen, on 04 May 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

I moved my commander up the tech tree already, and haven't really started another. With Tirpitz getting the secondary buff...I can plop my 19 pointer into it and go have fun. Win/Win

^^ that's actually a very good point. Maybe one day I'll have a Tirpitz of my own. *sigh*

giovybez #8 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostDoomlock, on 04 May 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

He got the FDG, and he loves it far more than Bismarck.

Oh sweet! I'm keeping mine tho, cant wait to get the camo from the upcoming Campaign.

A_Horde_of_Sharks #9 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

Master Chief Petty Officer

• Members

I finally get to enjoy a good main armament on the Friedrich.  With the reload module it has better dpm, penetration, and a higher caliber.  On top of that, the guns seem to have far better dispersion.  Heck it even has a choice of two guns, wow.

For the main guns,

Friedrich >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bismarck

dark.png

"I never thought I would be avenged by a mass of carnivorous fish."  -Doomlock

_____________________________________________________________

tcbaker777 #10 Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostA_Horde_of_Sharks, on 04 May 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

It took me a while, but I've finally learned how to use the Bismarck properly. 

Related image

" Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die" - Herbert Hoover 

"War never ends, it only rests"

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its stupidity" - Dwight D. Eisenhower 

Official Meme Lord of HiNon Clan

GhostSwordsman #11 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

That doesn't look like a reef. :trollface:

warships.today stats(direct link)     Wargaming.net WoWs profile overview

~You are an ocean of waves, weaving a dream, Like thoughts become a river stream, Yet may the tide ever change, flowing like time, To the path, -yours to claim~Thou seek the dark with an unsheathed blade, Now a white, ivory throne beckons, So obtain the fate you sow, On this path, be weary, friend and foe~ - "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" English Cover - by Amalee

Soshi_Sone, on 26 April 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally speaking, one can only run into Lert if one is not alert.
Ultimate BBQQ Recipe: 1 BB(the bigger, the juicier), 2 or more Cruisers and/or Destroyers, HE spam(apply generously), no salt required. Smoking your BBQQ is optional, but it adds lots of extra flavor.  Melt for 3-10 minutes and enjoy! Serve with fish for an even more exotic taste!

Madwolf05 #12 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Testers

Someone is selling the best Tier 8 BB everybody.

Check out my Twitch Channel: HERE

CPU: Intel i7 3770K, MB: ASUS Maximus V, RAM: 16GB, GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7900

Shadowrigger1 #13 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

Commander

• Members

If you can't make the Bismarck work, you flat out don't need to be playing this game.    

Edited by Shadowrigger1, 04 May 2017 - 11:30 PM.

TenguBlade #14 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View Postmmfullen, on 04 May 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Keep her for Ranked or Clan Wars.  In competitive, hydro > torps and will always be, so Bismarck won't be completely obsolete until they give Tirpitz hydro.

In Randoms and Co-op though, torpedoes are more useful because they punish stupidity hard and there is a lot of it.

Edited by TenguBlade, 04 May 2017 - 11:46 PM.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

LordGomes #15 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

View PostTenguBlade, on 05 May 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Keep her for Ranked or Clan Wars.  In competitive, hydro > torps and will always be, so Bismarck won't be completely obsolete until they give Tirpitz hydro.

In Randoms and Co-op though, torpedoes are more useful because they punish stupidity hard and there is a lot of it.

Now the only difference between the two sisters is hydro v. torpo. I don't think upping the Tirpitz's secondary battery range was a good idea, but oh well.

"I like big battleships and I can not lie.

You other cruisers can't deny,

that when a destroyer sails in with an itty-bitty hull and torpedoes in your face you get sunk!" ~ his excellency, Lord Gomes

TenguBlade #16 Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:51 PM

Vice Admiral

• Members

View PostLordGomes, on 04 May 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

Now the only difference between the two sisters is hydro v. torpo. I don't think upping the Tirpitz's secondary battery range was a good idea, but oh well.

She needed some sort of increase.  4.5km base range is a figure not seen past T5 for any nation.  7km was overkill but a lot of proposals called for an increase to between 5 and 6km.

Don't know if you have a dark sense of humor?  If you laugh at this, you do.

IJN: Yamato, Amagi, Ibuki, Mogami, Shokaku, Hiryu, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Kamikaze R, Katori, MikasaKongō, Myōkō, Kirishima, Haruna, Hiei, Ashigara, Nachi, Haguro, TakaoSouthern Dragon

USN: Montana, Iowa, New Mexico, New Orleans, Pensacola, Cleveland, Langley/Bogue, Farragut

European Navies: Gnevny, Shchors, Nürnberg/Yorck, Bayern, Fiji, Blyskawica (Gift from Compassghost), Scharnhorst (First and only bought), Admiral Graf Spee

Excield #17 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:21 AM

Lieutenant Commander

• Members

View PostMadwolf05, on 04 May 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

Someone is selling the best Tier 8 BB everybody.

Both for competitive and random battles, the best T8 BB is NOT the Bismarck. It's the NC (Excellent guns, great AA). Second best, likely the Amagi, due to tough armor and good guns. The Bismarck is third, only because of hydro. Of course, Tirpitz is dead last, in competitive. Purely in PvP (Randoms), it's probably like this: NC/AL > Amagi > Tirpitz > Bismarck.

Herr_Reitz #18 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

Captain

• Beta Testers

Increasing the secondaries I'm gonna suggest was also a financial move. I picked it up on gamersgate @ 50% off normal price just before the buff. Nope, don't feel dirty at all. 

Shadeylark #19 Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Testers

View PostA_Horde_of_Sharks, on 04 May 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

I finally get to enjoy a good main armament on the Friedrich.  With the reload module it has better dpm, penetration, and a higher caliber.  On top of that, the guns seem to have far better dispersion.  Heck it even has a choice of two guns, wow.

For the main guns,

Friedrich >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bismarck

the fdg felt like less of an upgrade to me because the fdg sees t10 opponents more often than the bismarck.

those bigger guns are really the one thing the fdg does better than the bismarck, and it just didn't feel like those bigger guns were sufficient compensation to make up for the ship's weaknesses when it faced off against other t9's and t10's.

now the gk on the other hand i love, as that really feels like a big upgrade from the fdg.  the gk is a ship where i can really tell the difference between t9 and t10.  that's a ship that when i drive it, i know it belongs at the tier its at.  with the fdg, i feel like if it was at t8 instead of t9, it would be only a negligible difference.

gk at t10 = balanced.  gk at t9 = overpowered.  fdg at t9 = slightly underpowered.  fdg at t8 = slightly overpowered.  course that's just my opinion.

Edited by Shadeylark, 05 May 2017 - 12:49 AM.

hangglide42 #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Members

Well, I can't say I fault you for your feelings about the Bismarck - Zoup posted a video expressing a similar sentiment (...w/ the Tirpitz secondary buff...why?)

Personally, I have both the Tirpitz & Bismarck and plan on keeping both - here's why:

- I'm a history buff so...(& I have the port slots...:))

- The Tirpitz & Bismarck used to play differently (torps vs. secondaries), now the Bismarck is the Tirpitz w/o torps, both are still great ships & fun to play.

- Doing the Bismarck campaign for the credits & cammo (unlocking/unlocked 7 Tier 10s in Apr/May & need to pay for them).  Cammo gives you additional XP the Bismarck so having another daily bonus ship w/ an additional bonus AND is fun to play isn't a bad thing.

Currently playing (& enjoying) the FDG greatly and plan on keeping her as well when I unlock the GK.  I just found the KM BBs a hoot to play so I kept the Tier VII & higher (tho I also have the Bayern from the Santas Convoy missions - funny thing is I think of myself as more a Cruiser player (but play all 3 gun/torp ship types)....

Edited by hangglide42, 19 May 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Also tagged with Bismarck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users