Altitude Control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ethanbowmar #1 Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:50 AM

Seaman Recruit

• Members

What does everyone think about the idea of controlling the altitude of their aircraft. Each altitude has its own perks, and its problems. here's what I had in mind:

low altitude: aircraft have a substantially lower detection range by both enemy aircraft and ships. Only problem is that the aircraft are vulnerable to AA and fighters diving down on attack and that dive bombers have to gain altitude for attack sequence. 

Mid altitude: sort of the standard traveling mode, with usual stats. perks are; fighters don't have to climb as much to intercept high altitude aircraft and torpedo bombers don't have far to drop for attack sequence. Average detection range by ships and aircraft.

High altitude: Dive bombers don't have to climb for attack sequence and fighters have to climb to attack strike aircraft. Small calibre AA is less effective. Fighters can dive on lower strike aircraft which is more powerful than same level attack and ship detection range is larger than usual. Negatives of high altitude; aircraft are detected from a greater distance, torp bombers have to slow down and drop altitude, and it takes time for planes to climb to altitude at the beginning.

this is only the beginning, but I feel that it would add more to the playing of carriers, and I'm unsure of how hard it would be for the developers to implement this. 

LordGomes #2 Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Members

To be honest, CV gameplay is already pretty difficult in terms of micro-managing, and this just adds a whole new level of complexity that will intimidate new players. It's an interesting idea, but not really suited to the game in its present configuration.

"I like big battleships and I can not lie.

You other cruisers can't deny,

that when a destroyer sails in with an itty-bitty hull and torpedoes in your face you get sunk!" ~ his excellency, Lord Gomes

Palladia #3 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Members

Navy Field 2,  much?  Its an interesting idea but I'll pass.  It'd just wind up being more of a headache.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users